SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 22, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,126 of 3,849
Oct 22, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,128 of 3,849

AJ has it for 589.99

With shipping it comes out to around $610 or so.  Do you know if they charge tax?  It's definitely a compelling choice between this, the ZX2, and perhaps something like the Cayin N6.

for me no tax was charged not even upon it's arrival to mexico for me was 624 USD LOL total... cayin N6 is the ugliset dap i've ever seen
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,130 of 3,849
With shipping it comes out to around $610 or so.  Do you know if they charge tax?  It's definitely a compelling choice between this, the ZX2, and perhaps something like the Cayin N6.

considering the ui and stuffs, l5 pro and the upcoming x7 are more of the competition. n6 for me, punches up a level by its sound and also a new level in ugliness. it has the best treble representation i have ever heard.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #1,131 of 3,849
so i am not alone in thinking that the speakers in the movies are too loud!!!my ears sometimes hurt. and my friends call me crazy.

Soundstage is great love it, listening to all JS Bach Harpsichord Concertos big soundstage and all the details.

Last time i went to the movies i had my ears ring for a day... and went to a rock concert in 2008 with my dad (he forced me to go) i had mye ars ring for 3 days
angry_face.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,132 of 3,849
considering the ui and stuffs, l5 pro and the upcoming x7 are more of the competition. n6 for me, punches up a level by its sound and also a new level in ugliness. it has the best treble representation i have ever heard.

Ha-ha I seem to like the design! I think it looks pretty awesome and unique. I love how the Carbon Fiber looks in pictures and I'm sure I would like it better in person. Everyone seems to love hownthr N6 sounds and I'm curious how it stacks up to the ZX100.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #1,133 of 3,849
Ha-ha I seem to like the design! I think it looks pretty awesome and unique. I love how the Carbon Fiber looks in pictures and I'm sure I would like it better in person. Everyone seems to love hownthr N6 sounds and I'm curious how it stacks up to the ZX100.

well, good for you. if i am fine with n6's design, it would be a no brainer for me.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,134 of 3,849

Me too....I was tempted to order one from Amazon U.K. ( but the price went back up today. ) If I read any feedback, that it's as good as, ( or very close ) to the ZX2, I think i'll be tempted to pull the trigger....

Quote:
  Really tempting but the $700 price tag on Amazon seems really offputting.  Especially when you can get a new ZX2 for around $250 more.

I don't post very much - but I've been lurking around this thread wondering how the ZX100 compares to my (thick-sounding) ZX2...

For those who want to take the plunge, Treoo in Singapore sells it for SGD$699 without the buds. That's a great deal if you intend to use your own IEM/CIEMs. 

I'm in no way affiliated to them or anything - just sharing a good price in case anyone's interested 
redface.gif

Sound-wise, it would seem like the main difference between the two lies in the density of the sound more than anything else. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #1,135 of 3,849
I don't post very much - but I've been lurking around this thread wondering how the ZX100 compares to my (thick-sounding) ZX2...

For those who want to take the plunge, Treoo in Singapore sells it for SGD$699 without the buds. That's a great deal if you intend to use your own IEM/CIEMs. 

I'm in no way affiliated to them or anything - just sharing a good price in case anyone's interested :xf_eek:  

Sound-wise, it would seem like the main difference between the two lies in the density of the sound more than anything else. 

that density is what makes the zx2 special right? at least i have not heard anything like that. yet to try the hifiman, though. so it is a big difference for me between zx2 and anything else and i am not sure if it is considered a hifi quality that hi-end product has. i would say imaging layering and soundstaging also have quite a big difference.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,136 of 3,849
that density is what makes the zx2 special right? at least i have not heard anything like that. yet to try the hifiman, though. so it is a big difference for me between zx2 and anything else and i am not sure if it is considered a hifi quality that hi-end product has. i would say imaging layering and soundstaging also have quite a big difference.

The Calyx M is thicker and lusher sounding than the zx2. Vocals on the Calyx M is so sweet. Only down side is the battery life and some quirk on the ui. ZX100 on the other hand have more bites on the treble which catches my attention.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #1,137 of 3,849
The Calyx M is thicker and lusher sounding than the zx2. Vocals on the Calyx M is so sweet. Only down side is the battery life and some quirk on the ui. ZX100 on the other hand have more bites on the treble which catches my attention.

i never consider it a candidate because of that battery life, but i can try to have a better understanding of "thick" and "lush". thank you for your suggestion.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,138 of 3,849
i never consider it a candidate because of that battery life, but i can try to have a better understanding of "thick" and "lush". thank you for your suggestion.

For me, all daps out there are great device. Just that it is catered for different people with different sig preference. And also about the synergy with your iem/headphones.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #1,139 of 3,849
For me, all daps out there are great device. Just that it is catered for different people with different sig preference. And also about the synergy with your iem/headphones.

To add to that, it wasn't that long ago that people here waxed lyrical about the ZX-1, then dumped it the moment the ZX-2 arrived. And now the ZX-100. Maybe we don't really know what we really want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back