SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 24, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,186 of 3,849
Hi guys!!
I've got my nw zx100 since monday. The soundstage on my MDR 1abt on LDAC hi quality is a masterpiece. All riffs are really bright without distorsions. The battery sounds good. I've got the F886 before. 128go is really great, i felt very unconfortable with my 32go. But the output for headphones is not enought powerfull for my Ultrasone Pro 900. Maybe It will be better with my old Fiio E11. I always have Sony Dac: Nw A829; nwz A846, and four mini disk!! I love this Dac, if the sound will be better after some hours i will be very hard to beat.
The headphones in the box do the job but this nw zx100 need a really music maker companion :wink:
All my music was encodée on FLAC 16/44.

Early days for you, but how would you compare the SQ with the F886 ?

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,187 of 3,849
Early days for you, but how would you compare the SQ with the F886 ?
Hello.
For me there is no match after 20 hours : soundstage is really the big difference between the two devices. I transfert my favorite playlist with the same Headphone Sony mdr 1abt. When my first track begin, i say wowwwwwwww what an amazin soundstage, with all details. OK i think it's maybe a placebo effect so I want to listen the same song one the F886. The sound feel less natural, less detail on my 40 test songs. I really surprise of the sound quality. On july i wanted to buy the Zx2, but first rumors of ZX 100 arrived....

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,188 of 3,849
Hello.
For me there is no match after 20 hours : soundstage is really the big difference between the two devices. I transfert my favorite playlist with the same Headphone Sony mdr 1abt. When my first track begin, i say wowwwwwwww what an amazin soundstage, with all details. OK i think it's maybe a placebo effect so I want to listen the same song one the F886. The sound feel less natural, less detail on my 40 test songs. I really surprise of the sound quality. On july i wanted to buy the Zx2, but first rumors of ZX 100 arrived....

I do agree with you on that... waith like 40 to 60h more and you will be surprised
beerchug.gif
 , also i have the MDR-1R (wired)

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #1,189 of 3,849
Hello.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll wait for more reviews, until I make a decision.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,190 of 3,849
Thanks for information.

... but I need "replay gain" and several more display options like "year" for example. AND I have a little issue with albums who are tagged identical.
I have two albums tagged with "12" Mixes, The" (with two different artists). My squeezebox, my Archos 5 IT and my Lenovo Yoga tab (gonemad player) can handle these albums separately, but the Sony player combines both albums as one. In the album section, there is only one album, when I open the album, both artists are visible; in this case, I must open the artist section for open the correct album.
frown.gif

Exactly what happenend to me with previous walkmena and this one is not an exception

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779340/new-sony-nw-zx100-dap/1005#post_12003668

I had some albums called symphonies Cd1 to 6 and other waltzes and they got mixed into one so i had chopin and Liszt waltzes in one album and Mozart and JC bach symphonies in 6 albums mixed into one (total 12 albums but got 6)

I also wish for a Composer view

Missa Solemnis.... Beethoven and stamitz

Two different albums with different artist mixed into one.. our gripe
deadhorse.gif
you are not alone dude
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,192 of 3,849
  It's correct tagged with MP3Tag, but it seems the Sony player ignores the artist tag in the album view.

My Ipod only did this on the coverFlow view but not in the albums list and had a composer view! well it's a sony as they say
tongue.gif

But SQ-Wise it shadows the negatives ...
gs1000.gif

Psst!, Psst! Sony! Its a simple Group BY in your database album query...

SELECT Album_Name, Artist_Name
FROM <Walkman database name>
GROUP BY Artist_Name
Order BY Album_Name ASC

Software enginnering tips
biggrin.gif
 how to do a simple database query in SQL (structured query language) the language you use to "talk" ("ask") a Database fro data

Walkman OS is a derivative of Unix / Linux, I read someone tought it was made in JAVA.

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #1,195 of 3,849

I do agree with you on that... waith like 40 to 60h more and you will be surprised
beerchug.gif
 , also i have the MDR-1R (wired)

This DAC is really good, the F886 was very good too, but the soundstage and the crisp sound are a big step for me. It's a good surprise

Thank you for the feedback. I'll wait for more reviews, until I make a decision.

you're welcome!! If you want that i test something special, tell me and i will do my best.
This is some pictures of the best, with my "old" DACs

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,199 of 3,849
Question was whether it can handle a 256GB  MicroSD card. Nobody can say because there are simply no 256GB MicroSd cards.
It can handle 200GB MicroSD cards, but that information is totally irrelevant for the question regarding a 256GB MicroSd card.

256 is 28% more than 200. That is no big difference for you? Let's talk again if your salary is reduced by 28%.

P.S.: With a probability of 99.9% it can!

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #1,200 of 3,849
Question was whether it can handle a 256GB  MicroSD card. Nobody can say because there are simply no 256GB MicroSd cards.
It can handle 200GB MicroSD cards, but that information is totally irrelevant for the question regarding a 256GB MicroSd card.

256 is 28% more than 200. That is no big difference for you? Let's talk again if your salary is reduced by 28%.

P.S.: With a probability of 99.9% it can!
Maybe most only listen to 80 internal gigs of music per week so no one has tried if 256 external gigs will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back