SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #45,361 of 45,723
Bad idea.
Exactly. :) AuntSony may not be happy about it if become aware.
it's a very tricky and gray area, btw.

... Initially, it would depend on whether the original product is protected by an unexpired patent. If the original product is patented (and unexpired), you may nevertheless sell your "modified" version of the product AS LONG AS YOUR your "modified" product does not "infringe" the original product's patent. ....

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #45,362 of 45,723
Can someone please tell me where I might purchase a good 4.4 to 4.4 interconnect to use with a WA8?
I am surprised, because WA8 seems to have only 3.5 line in / line out or headphones out...
Did you mean WA11 ? In this case, you can send me an email, as I plan to sell my 4.4 + 3.5 ground to 4.4 made by PWAudio). If you want a brand new one, I can recommand PWAudio :)

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #45,364 of 45,723
There’s nothing logical about that. Bad idea. Else no one can have the CFW in the first place.

There’s a documentary on the history of Video Games on Netflix called “High Score,” and in it they tell the story about the time Pac-Man ruled the Arcades but when the Arcade owners started losing money as the gamers got better and put in less coins to play more Hours a group of young MIT students came up with the modular to modified circuit kits with written code to be sold and installed Inside the Pac-Man Arcade that made the game harder and more challenging so the Arcade owners could make more money. Needless to say they got sued by Atari. I’m just glad Sony does not do the same here. I don’t think modified firmware “counts” since coding isn’t considered intellectual property but again this whole discussion is rather silly. Can we just move on from it. Whether or not one is taking credit for the mods is irrelevant, they are all attempting to make money off it regardless who came up with the original R&D. That’s essentially what they are fighting about-profit revenue in the marketshare of an already existing design because of their technical skills.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #45,365 of 45,723
There’s a documentary on the history of Video Games on Netflix called “High Score,” and in it they tell the story about the time Pac-Man ruled the Arcades but when the Arcade owners started losing money as the gamers got better and put in less coins to play more Hours a group of young MIT students came up with the modular to modified circuit kits with written code to be sold and installed Inside the Pac-Man Arcade that made the game harder and more challenging so the Arcade owners could make more money. Needless to say they got sued by Atari. I’m just glad Sony does not do the same here. I don’t think modified firmware “counts” since coding isn’t considered intellectual property but again this whole discussion is rather silly. Can we just move on from it. Whether or not one is taking credit for the mods is irrelevant, they are all attempting to make money off it regardless who came up with the original R&D. That’s essentially what they are fighting about-profit revenue in the marketshare of an already existing design because of their technical skills.

The main point is we want sharing and contributions from modders if they are selling ideas gained on here.

Sep 20, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #45,367 of 45,723
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #45,368 of 45,723
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #45,371 of 45,723
What’s the status of your battery? 60 hours?

About 50 hours on a 90% charge. So in practical terms I expect to get about 40 hours plus about 2 weeks stand by so I only have to charge once every 2-3 weeks

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #45,372 of 45,723
About 50 hours on a 90% charge
dang. I would love my battery to last that long. Too bad I can’t find a spot in Japan to do that. :-/

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #45,373 of 45,723
It would be good if sony implemented an Auto-mute featurette on the next wm1 MK2, esp coming from BT receiver mode or from SE to bal. Haha happened I was demoing an album with presto music sample, switched back to my music and my ears blasted with 107/120 fortunately low gain and MDR-Z1R and not IEM

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #45,374 of 45,723
It would be good if sony implemented an Auto-mute featurette on the next wm1 MK2, esp coming from BT receiver mode or from SE to bal. Haha happened I was demoing an album with presto music sample, switched back to my music and my ears blasted with 107/120 fortunately low gain and MDR-Z1R and not IEM

No doubt but I think it would be very hard to do. There’s also cross feedback between frequencies (it’s the same with WiFi if they were to implemented it on the WM1a/z predecessor) so if you have sensitive iems they will pick up the Floor noise!

I turn all the NFC, Bluetooth and filters off and in my view it sounds better.

I wish I could turn off the High gain but my earphones require more current which also contributes to noise but it’s not that bad!

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #45,375 of 45,723
@Sonywalkmanuser is biased a lot, he doesnt realize there's very small performance difference between sandisk extreme (cheaper) vs extreme pro (expensive). Ueah extreme, as he describes the pro, is also aggressive with transients and bassy (thus DSEE AI adds even more bass)
FYI. Nowadays, price difference between Extreme and Extreme Pro is small, around $10 for 512GB or 256GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back