SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #29,326 of 45,723
so new FW is good for flabby/bassy iems ?

guess i am fine with 3.01 and my Zeus XR (which are anything but flabby/bassy)

I’m spending an hour or two with the 1Z and 3.02 with some IEMs which could actually use bass. So I will report back. With the IER-Z1R there is a much noticed tightening of bass, yet the very most farthest down subbass does show up. It’s exciting how the super low sub is placed?

But I would say as a gross generalization. The 1Z has bass trimmed, how it will work with bass light IEMs or the 1A is yet to be seen and reported. Though this way-way bigger soundstage may convert all types over?

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #29,327 of 45,723
Redcarmoose, How does the update sound using the 1Z and the full size Sony Z1R cans?!!

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #29,329 of 45,723
Really dig 3.02. Using WM1A on Obravo Cupid. Sub bass loss not really that noticeable once you up volume 2 - 3 steps. But the soundstage seems to expend wider by a bit more and a tad higher with better imaging.

Damn it's not easy typing while listening. Songs kept pulling me back into it and I got lost at where I was typing halfway. Might not be getting any sleep tonight.

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #29,330 of 45,723
I’m spending an hour or two with the 1Z and 3.02 with some IEMs which could actually use bass. So I will report back. With the IER-Z1R there is a much noticed tightening of bass, yet the very most farthest down subbass does show up. It’s exciting how the super low sub is placed?

But I would say as a gross generalization. The 1Z has bass trimmed, how it will work with bass light IEMs or the 1A is yet to be seen and reported. Though this way-way bigger soundstage may convert all types over?
Hi,
Can you let me know the combo of 1Z and Encore sounds with 3.02 and vs 3.01.
I am still on original fw 1.20, I think.
Hesitate to upgrade fw.
I have the Khan as well.
Thank you in advance.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #29,331 of 45,723
Hi,
Can you let me know the combo of 1Z and Encore sounds with 3.02 and vs 3.01.
I am still on original fw 1.20, I think.
Hesitate to upgrade fw.
I have the Khan as well.
Thank you in advance.

There is no risk to upgrading and trying different fw, you can always gi back to 1.20 if you don’t like the others

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #29,332 of 45,723
WM1A's soundstage really expanded with that FW 3.02, slightly less bass but liking this version so far.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #29,333 of 45,723
I like what I am hearing with 3.02 for my wm1a using my IT03 in balance connection. Will check further more tomorrow and also being paired with my N3 balanced and E5000 in unbalance connection.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #29,334 of 45,723
I bought a WM1A awhile ago from someone here and unfortunately they didn't disclose that the WMPORT wasn't functioning properly. It looks like parts of the port are chipped so the connector wont seat properly. If you move the connector the slightest, it'll reset the USB connection meaning no file transfers or DAC mode unless you're careful not to touch it. Any advice? Sony has been non-responsive to my questions. Would it be easy to replace (port goes to a ribbon or is the thing soldered on)?

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #29,337 of 45,723
I bought a WM1A awhile ago from someone here and unfortunately they didn't disclose that the WMPORT wasn't functioning properly. It looks like parts of the port are chipped so the connector wont seat properly. If you move the connector the slightest, it'll reset the USB connection meaning no file transfers or DAC mode unless you're careful not to touch it. Any advice? Sony has been non-responsive to my questions. Would it be easy to replace (port goes to a ribbon or is the thing soldered on)?

Its soldered unfortunately, I'd offer to replace it or fit a USB C socket if you where in the UK.

IMG_20190830_205021.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #29,338 of 45,723

Firstly, you need to disclose who sold you that so nobody ever buys from that person. What he/she did is extremely dishonest and downright shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back