SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #10,936 of 45,723
If you can get your hands on them there, I would recommend the CA Vega. The Vega is different in a good way, check out some reviews.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #10,937 of 45,723

What headphones can I us SONY MUC-M12SB1 cable for?

Bit of advice on this one the mmcx connectors suck big time, they are ok if you plug them into the Z5's and leave them but removing them a few times makes them loose. I guess this could be the case with any mmcx iem's your going to use them on, i have had to re terminate 2 pairs with eidolic premium connectors.

MMCX does come loose, it's a known problem, but my M12SB1 is still alright, have them on my Sony EX600.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #10,938 of 45,723
Isn't anyone excited about the 1A getting released in USA? Jason's getting the first batch this Tuesday. C'mon people, make some noise... I am extremely excited about the player. Dock is in place, BTremote is in place, USB cable is in place, TA's input set to 'Walkman' lol...

I'm eagerly awaiting for it to officially drop, but, now that it's taken so long, I'm honestly considering getting another (used) PHA-3 and calling it a day. Not sure what I'll end up doing.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #10,939 of 45,723
If you can get your hands on them there, I would recommend the CA Vega. The Vega is different in a good way, check out some reviews.
but Vegas are single driver iem mm, better triple driver like xba-z5 or XBA-A3

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #10,941 of 45,723
Hi,

Just received my wm1a today, and I'm looking to upgrade my iems. I've had ie800s and SE846 in the past, but I'd like something different that either has, or can use, a balanced cable and compliments the wm1a.

Being in the UK the choice is a bit limited, but what would people in the UK recommend that is relatively easily available. I wouldn't mind going back to se846s with a Moon Audio Dragon 4.4 mm cable, but I would prefer something a bit different and something that doesn't involve import tax!

Sorry for the vague question, but I'm open to all suggestions! Budget is around £1000 including cable.

Thanks for your patience!

If you like bass, just go with cfa vega. For cable find a mmcx copper cable. It will pair well with vega.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #10,944 of 45,723
More drivers doesn't mean it's better. That's what I learned after i sold my vega and bought u12 apex (12 drivers per side). I just bought a vega again 30 mins ago. I will return the u12.

Hear hear...
But, I would like to say that it is still none the less very possible for a high count iem to sound good when well tuned....Even as I am spending more and more time on my dita dream and neglecting my other iems haha.

Still, it makes you wonder why so many drivers are needed if its possible to do so much with so little.....

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #10,945 of 45,723
  Still, it makes you wonder why so many drivers are needed if its possible to do so much with so little.....

Marketing.  It's easier to convince people that "more is better". 

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #10,947 of 45,723
More drivers doesn't mean it's better. That's what I learned after i sold my vega and bought u12 apex (12 drivers per side). I just bought a vega again 30 mins ago. I will return the u12.

Exactly. I would say that my FI-BA-SS is very nearly at the same level as my JH13

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #10,948 of 45,723
To be fair, multi BA and dynamic can both sound great, but usually quite different. And clearly more doesn't mean better as some multi BA with 5 to 8 drivers sound better to me then many with 10-12.

Of course. However for new comers and some less experienced people, when presented with different phones/models they are usually more easily convinced that more BA units is the better one because they do not have the understanding and knowledge to truly determine which one they like, some less honest sales people at the shops will also try to push people towards that as well (because the more BA units cost more, so more profit to them), and it takes a lot of testing out different models/sounds and studying how things works to get out of that mindset, heck some people even never get out of that mindset at all.

I've personally gone through that stage of gunning for more BA units (JH16Pro) and now have gone back full circle to the a basic single dynamic driver or a simple hybrid now that I finally know what my sound preference is.  Took a lot of learning to get to that point.

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #10,949 of 45,723
For me three or max 5 drivers is OK, z5 are triple, one dd and two ba (one for mid and one for high) personally I like the sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back