SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #6,796 of 45,723

​my first carge with battery care ON died at 18 hours, will try battery care off

I got 30 hours with battery care on. This is with SE, normal gain and volume around 60 to 75. Playing Flac files only. I am really impressed. None of my DAPs have lasted this long.

​maybe because i fiddled a lot with screen this times, still getting to know my player
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #6,797 of 45,723
  Ok boys and girls, so here we go then:

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool#Changing_destination_settings_and_sound_pressure_regulation

Please use some common sense before attempting this. It's perfectly safe providing you follow the simple instructions, however please be careful and if you aren't sure about any of these instructions feel free to ask questions first.

I used the Russian code E2 on my device and it is working perfectly. If in any doubt I would advise using this code.

Does this presents you with the 'high gain' setting in the menu or just uncaps the volume? I have done this (used E2) but cannot see high gain in the menu unless I have misunderstood something?

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #6,798 of 45,723
There is no VTP Surround sound option, well i can live with that but wish they had included some reverb or crossfeed option

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #6,799 of 45,723
Does this presents you with the 'high gain' setting in the menu or just uncaps the volume? I have done this (used E2) but cannot see high gain in the menu unless I have misunderstood something?

Yes you should have high gain in output settings.

Did you remember to factory reset your device?

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #6,801 of 45,723
You don't need to factory reset, just simply restart the player after the change, at least that's what I did. Thanks for posting this workaround!

Great! and you now have the high gain option as well?

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #6,804 of 45,723
Jan 8, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #6,805 of 45,723
So would there be any chance of using this method on the upcoming a30?  Really don't want to spend that much on an mp3 player (real world economics and use come in to it tbh).  Torn between importing from aj and waiting a month and getting it off amazon.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #6,807 of 45,723
So when you have the volume uncapped, do you realize loudness improvements ?

I think there is a small boost to the maximum volume. More importantly though there is the high gain option and no more periodic (every 20 hours) volume reduction.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #6,808 of 45,723
So would there be any chance of using this method on the upcoming a30?  Really don't want to spend that much on an mp3 player (real world economics and use come in to it tbh).  Torn between importing from aj and waiting a month and getting it off amazon.

I would say most probably yes. It's highly unlikely that Sony will worry about this as they have fulfilled their requirement of adding a volume cap. There is no reason for them to do anything differently, which is good for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back