SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #6,826 of 45,723

This Sunday is going for excellent to cosmic, time for the old Z7's to pop their 4.4mm kimber cherry.
Wife thinks i've lost it, as she puts it " you do know you can go deaf  and they look and nice shiny do the wires" :unamused:

You can choke from eating... 
tongue.gif

Congrats! keep us posted on how the 1A sounds.

I'm rockin' 1Z + PHA-3 + Z5 running all balanced. The weak point here is the WM cable to PHA-3. There should be a Sony / Kimber version.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,827 of 45,723
I think 1Z is better than Pha-3 out of balanced connections :D, except it isn't a stand alone DAC. No need to be stacking. The only stack that is worthy would be 1Z+TA :D....

Wm1Z, the best portable digital transport also. Native DSD into TA :D and pha3

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,828 of 45,723
You can choke from eating... :p

Congrats! keep us posted on how the 1A sounds.

I'm rockin' 1Z + PHA-3 + Z5 running all balanced. The weak point here is the WM cable to PHA-3. There should be a Sony / Kimber version.

Running mine through on the new PHA2A on 4.4 balanced output the digtal out cables not much better on that so I've sprung for this

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #6,829 of 45,723
I think 1Z is better than Pha-3 out of balanced connections :D, except it isn't a stand alone DAC. No need to be stacking. The only stack that is worthy would be 1Z+TA :D....

Wm1Z, the best portable digital transport also. Native DSD into TA :D and pha3

Loving the back drop sets it off nice :grinning:

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #6,830 of 45,723
Jan 8, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #6,832 of 45,723
Jan 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #6,833 of 45,723
This Sunday is going for excellent to cosmic, time for the old Z7's to pop their 4.4mm kimber cherry.
Wife thinks i've lost it, as she puts it " you do know you can go deaf  and they look and nice shiny do the wires" :unamused:

LOL fortunately my Husband has the same tastes for me and he is happy i got a nice quality DAP

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #6,834 of 45,723
  LOL fortunately my Husband has the same tastes for me and he is happy i got a nice quality DAP

You have a husband??!!!!

What does the boyfriend think about all of this??

biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #6,837 of 45,723

I did wonder, how your sentence was going to end !! ?....mind you, the way he goes on, it could very well be true !!
wink_face.gif

i decided to go for the non-indecent scenario 
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #6,838 of 45,723

You have a husband??!!!!

What does the boyfriend think about all of this??

biggrin.gif

Now my BF and I call us hubbies :)

BTW I think the sony loses the playlist position if you have it playing music, press the power button to turn it off and then turn back it on a starts again in track 01

EDIT>>>>> Tried pausing the song and then turning it off and turning back ON and again loses position and starts in track 01 

Will attempt to do a DB rebuild and see what happens, it is not a big deal, just a minor annoyance, because before it did remember the position it's kinda odd

EDIT 2>>>>> after performing DB Rebuild seems to be working somehow intermittent, the second time i turned it off afte DB rebuild it didnmt remember, but thrid and fouth time seem to be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back