SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,707 of 45,723
I want to ask, its possible to change the language of the Jap version 1A/1Z to English right? Its not critical to get the international version I guess if I stop by Japan

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #3,708 of 45,723
  BTW for current 1Z users, are you able to turn the unit completely off while charging? Seems like the unit will always restart when plugged in...

Same for me, but I only tried on a computer, not a wall charger.

I want to ask, its possible to change the language of the Jap version 1A/1Z to English right? Its not critical to get the international version I guess if I stop by Japan

No. Only Japanese.

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #3,713 of 45,723
  .... At least, US & Australia won't have to deal with the dreadful volume caps.

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a UK WM1A from Amazon.

Can you tell me what headphones you tested the Volume Capped 1A with please? Did you find the volume "dreadful" with all of them, or were some easier to drive?

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,714 of 45,723

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a UK WM1A from Amazon.

Can you tell me what headphones you tested the Volume Capped 1A with please? Did you find the volume "dreadful" with all of them, or were some easier to drive?

Someone in Romania just went and tried the WM1A and he simply said that the volume is low compared to the spec rating.  I would audition it first and not buy it blind.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #3,715 of 45,723
The past 2 pages of posts about the EU Cap has been moved to a new thread which can be found in The EU Volume Cap discussion thread. There is nothing NW-WM1Z/NW-WM1A specific in the posts therefore please post general EU Cap discussions over there.

If for some reason the NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A have different values/measurement cap from other volume capped devices, those posts can be put here but only if the specs there has been validated/proved  - no speculation posts. Further "truth" in one's mind does not make it true - stats please.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,716 of 45,723
  The past 2 pages of posts about the EU Cap has been moved to a new thread which can be found in The EU Volume Cap discussion thread. There is nothing NW-WM1Z/NW-WM1A specific in the posts therefore please post general EU Cap discussions over there.

If for some reason the NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A have different values/measurement cap from other volume capped devices, those posts can be put here but only if the specs there has been validated/proved  - no speculation posts. Further "truth" in one's mind does not make it true - stats please.

Don't worry, I will settle the debate once and for all, I actually found the infamous EU VOLUME CAP.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #3,719 of 45,723

No, it does not. Neither the 1A or Z run Android. They have the Sony OS. Please stop perpetuating the myth.

Its heavily customized, but the underlying system on Z is android, sony listed it there. the boot up behavior is totally different on 1Z and 1A

1A is turned on out of the box, the default behavior on sony's os

but the 1Z Require user to manually turn it on, and on the first power on, the screen dims when halfway on the boot up process. another proof of android

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #3,720 of 45,723
  The 1Z runs android, its a default android behaviour to turn on the device once power is connected
And it looks like sony didn't add any offline charging support, so it boots up normally

Plugging in power and turning the device on is a very simple procedure that is not limited to Android.  For example Windows Phone/Mobile does the same thing and obviously there is zero chance that system run Android at all - it's just a very simple programming logic and you cannot make the conclusion base on this behaviour, else I can also say the WM1Z runs on Windows 10 kernel (which would be really stupid conclusion, but I'm using the same logic).   

Also Sony has said *multiple* times that the WM1 series doesn't run Android on multiple different occasions whether it is interviews or official spec: 
http://www.phileweb.com/interview/article/201609/02/393_3.html
http://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1z/specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back