SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #14,747 of 45,723
Question for Dignis Midas case users. What are Your general thoughts on build and ergonomics? And one that bothers me most, what about feeling of physic buttons. Is it flawless? I'm finding those edging points on play/pause and volume+ buttons really helpfull to use it without looking at a dap.
The buttons on the naked unit are much easier to discern. With the case on I make a lot of wrong clicks. Like changing track instead of lowering volume. But the case is a keeper for me.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #14,752 of 45,723
anybody thinking of converting vinyl to HD via the HX500, you'll be pleasantly surprised

changed the stock needle out for the similar sized at440mlb
the dsfs on the wm1z are quite stunning

bit of a bear timewise but worth the effort

Yes the HX500 is a great ripper and a fairly decent deck in its own right

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #14,753 of 45,723
30 feet! You convinced me to buy this little thing. :)

was demo'ing the unit plus the remote for a skeptic who owns a vinyl shop and first he listened to my dsf rips using balanced plus shure 1540 cans and his eyes were like saucers...then just using a headphone out to a tube amp and he was like how much is this ?! originally when he saw the hx500 (i got mine from a pawn shop for $150) he didn't think he was worth dealing with. i tried to explain DSD/DSEE and how it bit samples unlike anything out there and his eyes were glazed over...but you cannot fool the ears

at one point the unit was up on a table in his office area with the speakers facing the shop and he walked to the other end of the shop and pointed the remote and it worked and he was, wow, that works pretty far!

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #14,754 of 45,723
Question for Dignis Midas case users. What are Your general thoughts on build and ergonomics? And one that bothers me most, what about feeling of physic buttons. Is it flawless? I'm finding those edging points on play/pause and volume+ buttons really helpfull to use it without looking at a dap.

my complaint is that it is very soft and will pick up lots of dings and scratches, even when being gentle
button use is not "flawless"...you have to position it just right and it does take some pressure...i end up using the remote

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #14,755 of 45,723
my complaint is that it is very soft and will pick up lots of dings and scratches, even when being gentle
button use is not "flawless"...you have to position it just right and it does take some pressure...i end up using the remote

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Orders for Miter case and remote placed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #14,759 of 45,723
Well , it may be my adaptor , i haven’t any hum on SE ... Anyway thank you all for answered my questions .

You are correct, it is probably your adaptor that is the culprit here. Have a precaution to not use SE cable with a balance adaptor as it may short circuit your 1A amp. If you have balance 2.5/3.5mm balance cable to 4.4 then it is ok, but again better to re-terminate to have the clean output.

Edit:

Ops! It seems I am 3 pages late :)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #14,760 of 45,723
photo_2017-09-25_09-33-42.jpg
Early Christmas this morning .. And still waiting for the WM1A and TA-ZH1ES...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back