SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #14,763 of 45,723

Early Christmas this morning .. And still waiting for the WM1A and TA-ZH1ES...

Is the converter plug to use a headphone that is balanced to 2.5 or 3.5 trrs ?

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #14,764 of 45,723
Sep 25, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #14,765 of 45,723
hey @Whitigir , would a 2.5 into 4.4 adaptor have the same sonic quality as having your ciem cable reterminated into 4.4 ?

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #14,766 of 45,723
20170925_115237.jpg
Christmas continues today.. Now we'll see if the amp can replace my moon 430 and if the 1z is worth to keep over the 1a, happy listening days ahead..

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #14,768 of 45,723
Well, i know what i will do the coming days every time i can get some quiet from kids and family :)

Is the Utopia a great match with the WM1Z.
Is the bass and warmth to much with the Z1R and WM1Z..
Is the Wm1A the sensible choice with better synergy with the Z1R... How will it fit the utopia.
And will the amp make it possible for me to sell my Moon 430 HAD (se ad) and fund a pair of CIEM... (eyeing the A18)

If i know myself the amp will end up at work and the WM1Z for on the move...
So far first impressions with the Z1R and WM1Z is that it's not at all that i expected, (expected even more bass, to warm etc) by reading comments, however i find it quite ok :wink: e.g. I like it!

2017-09-25 12.17.32.jpg

ohh, and i kind of like the weight of the 1Z, feels solid, quality.. but i will not take it running..

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #14,769 of 45,723
Well, i know what i will do the coming days every time i can get some quiet from kids and family :)

Is the Wm1A the sensible choice with better synergy with the Z1R... How will it fit the utopia.
And will the amp make it possible for me to sell my Moon 430 HAD (se ad) and fund a pair of CIEM... (eyeing the A18)

So far first impressions with the Z1R and WM1Z is that it's not at all that i expected, (expected even more bass, to warm etc) by reading comments, however i find it quite ok :wink: e.g. I like it!

ohh, and i kind of like the weight of the 1Z, feels solid, quality.. but i will not take it running..

The Utopia and the Z1R are like the two polar opposite "best sound in the world", haha. A stunning sight to behold of.

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #14,770 of 45,723

Running - no. Perhaps .... swimming? :)
Eargasmic photo :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #14,771 of 45,723
Guys, any thoughts on the following?
So far im not overly impressed with the performance of my Sony/Kimber cable balanced vs Alo Ref 8 single ended on the 1Z. Most reviews etc. say that balanced is the way to go but I've got to be honest at the moment I'm finding the Sony/Kimber/balnaced combo a little meh when compared to the Alo Ref 8. Nothing wrong with it I just expected more based on what I've read. Im thinking the Sony/Kimber cable maybe the weak link in the chain rather than the 1Z balanced output?

I would really like to hear your thoughts, experiences on this. I would particularly like to hear what cables you would recommend as I am considering buying a upgraded balanced cable to really get the best out of the 1Z.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #14,772 of 45,723
hey @Whitigir , would a 2.5 into 4.4 adaptor have the same sonic quality as having your ciem cable reterminated into 4.4 ?

The same ? No...but could you tell it ?

Guys, any thoughts on the following?
So far im not overly impressed with the performance of my Sony/Kimber cable balanced vs Alo Ref 8 single ended on the 1Z. Most reviews etc. say that balanced is the way to go but I've got to be honest at the moment I'm finding the Sony/Kimber/balnaced combo a little meh when compared to the Alo Ref 8. Nothing wrong with it I just expected more based on what I've read. Im thinking the Sony/Kimber cable maybe the weak link in the chain rather than the 1Z balanced output?

I would really like to hear your thoughts, experiences on this. I would particularly like to hear what cables you would recommend as I am considering buying a upgraded balanced cable to really get the best out of the 1Z.

Let it burn in man...and wait

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #14,773 of 45,723
The same ? No...but could you tell it ?

so it's better to just get an adaptor instead of reterminating my cables ? is that what you say ?

would you rather reterminate or get an adaptor ?

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #14,774 of 45,723
so it's better to just get an adaptor instead of reterminating my cables ? is that what you say ?

Now I am using adapter with pure silver wires going further to silver litz cable. Still happy. But curiosity pushes me further - will get one one cable to check without adapter. Predicting that sound quality difference will be not discerned by my ears. Anyway - nice try :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #14,775 of 45,723
BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Hope, you will enjoy TA-ZH1ES. Waiting for your impressions - maybe it will be my late Christmas gift :)
Or a moon 430 HAD... :wink:

to me it's as much to do with practicality, e.g. not needing an extra adapter, a long contact that might damage the player etc. As to if anyone hear a difference, some might do i guess, haven't done tests myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back