SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #14,732 of 45,723
Thanks. I bought one, I like the idea of desk stand and I think I'm gonna use buttons a lot less cause i"m also getting a remote control for it too.

I am thinking about the same. Remote control it is available in Poland? I am living in Vilnius, Lithuania, so it would be faster an cheaper to buy it in Poland - not available here, in Lithuania.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #14,733 of 45,723
I talked with my friend, who is making cables - possible that there was short on ground cable (not so dangerous as short on between signal wires). And it could sound as humming. Sony 4,mm jack have very specific wiring. 5 contacts, only 4 of them active.
Golden rule - there is no adapter from balanced to single ended. All headphones MUST be rewired for for balanced use. 4 wires!

On balanced there is no ground but positive and negative signal for double voltage swing

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #14,734 of 45,723
On balanced there is no ground but positive and negative signal for double voltage swing

Sorry, bad habit call it ground. Some semi-balanced amplifiers have what it could be called ground. ACG topology - have active signal on ground, sorry - negative wire. Actually on SE ground it is minus wire, isn't?

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #14,736 of 45,723
Sorry, bad habit call it ground. Some semi-balanced amplifiers have what it could be called ground. ACG topology - have active signal on ground, sorry - negative wire. Actually on SE ground it is minus wire, isn't?

The 3.5 plug has both normal trs single ended with L, R and common ground or trrs with L, R and 2 seperate ground signals just line the ZX2 had

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #14,737 of 45,723
Sep 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #14,738 of 45,723
I have always avoided the potential of using a potentially damaging adapter by getting properly terminated balanced or single ended cables for their respective DAPS and headphones. I have actually never used an adapter on any of my gear.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #14,742 of 45,723
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #14,744 of 45,723
I use photoshop to edit the jpg and mp3 tag to edit the audio files' tags

wow, you must have a lot of patience..i stumbled on tag&rename, specifically v3.97...you can highlight an albums worth of songs and it'll automatically give you a google image search and you drag and drop

what is also cool, it resizes the image and keeps it under 25kb after the drop ..i believe the wm1z doesn't like certain sized images

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #14,745 of 45,723
Baseline is standard format JPEG.

actually a bit more than that

"A Baseline JPEG is an image created using the JPEG compression algorithm that will start to display the image as the data is made available, line by line. In a web browser, you can see JPEG images that are inbaseline format when you see it slowly showing up, from the top of the image, to the bottom of it."

it's so you don't have to wait until it fully displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back