SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #12,436 of 45,723
It's a shih tzu...they are quite small..thankfully
And it won't be the first time that he has wrecked audio stuff...he destroyed a westone W50.
I think your K9 just desires a nice K10 to chew on

Ba dum tssssss

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #12,437 of 45,723
Anyone paired up the 1Z/1A with any in ear wireless yet, need a pair for around work.

If you have any earphones that uses MMCX plugs then Sony's own MUC-M2BT1 BT cable is highly recommended as it supports Sony's excellent LDAC codec (better than apt-x) and you can pair it with any earphones you like.

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #12,438 of 45,723
If you have any earphones that uses MMCX plugs then Sony's own MUC-M2BT1 BT cable is highly recommended as it supports Sony's excellent LDAC codec (better than apt-x) and you can pair it with any earphones you like.
I've tried using the MUC-M2BT1 BT cable and although it sounds a lot better than any of the other bluetooth earphones I've tried, I get a lot of dropouts. I find it happens most often when I'm near traffic lights like the crossing right in front of Sogo in Causeway Bay...

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #12,439 of 45,723

Did see these would cost £200 + to get into UK. Gave me an idea though, buy the

MDR-EX750BT and cut off the wired buds and re terminate to 2 pin as these are only £90 and have the LDAC .

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #12,440 of 45,723
I've tried using the MUC-M2BT1 BT cable and although it sounds a lot better than any of the other bluetooth earphones I've tried, I get a lot of dropouts. I find it happens most often when I'm near traffic lights like the crossing right in front of Sogo in Causeway Bay...

CWB has so many people (and thus phones) that it suffers from signal pollution, and you are talking Sogo which is the busiest crossing in HK island side. I sometimes get dropouts in Central as well, but for the OP's original purpose though - something to use in the office mostly stationary, then it shouldn't be an issue and the sound quality as well as flexibility is simply unbeatable.

Did see these would cost £200 + to get into UK. Gave me an idea though, buy the

MDR-EX750BT and cut off the wired buds and re terminate to 2 pin as these are only £90 and have the LDAC .

Seems doable actually if you are handy with DIYing.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #12,441 of 45,723
So something odd happened for the very first time to my 1Z.

I realised that my player was charged to full even though I left the BATTERY CARE option box checked .

It has been stated that the 1z takes approx 7 hours to be fully charged . I am very certain that I only left my player to charge for a shade under 6 hours and during that time when I first plugged it in , it was left with the last quadrant of juice.

This is extremely puzzling . How is it that if you checked the battery care option to not allow it charge over 90% and yet it does is really mind boggling to me .

Anyone who can chime in on this ??

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #12,442 of 45,723
So something odd happened for the very first time to my 1Z.

I realised that my player was charged to full even though I left the BATTERY CARE option box checked .

It has been stated that the 1z takes approx 7 hours to be fully charged . I am very certain that I only left my player to charge for a shade under 6 hours and during that time when I first plugged it in , it was left with the last quadrant of juice.

This is extremely puzzling . How is it that if you checked the battery care option to not allow it charge over 90% and yet it does is really mind boggling to me .

Anyone who can chime in on this ??
It shows full at 90%

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #12,443 of 45,723
It shows full at 90%

Oh right... So i guess all this while i did not really hit the 90% even when i thought it'll just continue charging and not show it's status being full!

Thanks for the clarification ! Merci

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #12,447 of 45,723
For those Apple/Mac owners who are considering purchase of either of these units, I want to emphasize something that took me a while to find out prior to purchase (because this thread is so long!) and which I confirmed post-purchase: the ease with which one can copy and edit music files/folders directly from your computer, using the Finder, without having to resort to Android-based work-arounds. The Linux-based Sony software makes this all very easy! I see absolutely no need for the Sony Content Transfer app, as long as you have your music files in good shape and know where they are stored on your computer, and know where the Sony player stores music. Copying music is just like any other drag & drop operation.

If you get a new microSD card, just format it first in the Sony itself, connect it to your computer, and copy folders/files from the computer to the "Music" folder on the microSD card (or the player's native storage "Music" folder).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #12,448 of 45,723
For those Apple/Mac owners who are considering purchase of either of these units, I want to emphasize something that took me a while to find out prior to purchase (because this thread is so long!) and which I confirmed post-purchase: the ease with which one can copy and edit music files/folders directly from your computer, using the Finder, without having to resort to Android-based work-arounds. The Linux-based Sony software makes this all very easy! I see absolutely no need for the Sony Content Transfer app, as long as you have your music files in good shape and know where they are stored on your computer, and know where the Sony player stores music. Copying music is just like any other drag & drop operation.

I totally agree, it' snot only easy but also it's incredible faster to transfer music than any other DAP, the Paw gold usually takes 3 times more to transfer the same file.

this is also the reason why I sold my AK380 and stick with the WM1z.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #12,449 of 45,723
wm1z so heavy, it is barely portable

the WM1A was much lighter then I anticipated.... but then together with the Dignis Case it feels much much bigger and heavier.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #12,450 of 45,723
Some not too bad open box deals on amazon.co.uk if anyone is looking to snag a discounted NW-WM1A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back