SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #41,641 of 45,723
Now what would happen if externally and internally come together ? Like RobertP Autums and A/Z + ?
I have been testing that stuffs since early prototype of the modification process. Ideally, I was playing around with Classical. Actually, it sounded amazing for me but I have been jumping around and still I like A/Z+ sound the most for its naturalness
P/s: actually, we do need someone to rewrite those custom firmwares to better match the current system and that would be amazing to Solis again on the new form

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #41,643 of 45,723
Does it mean that 1A/1Z should not be turned off ever if we want to achieve max potential with DSEE HX?

I think I know what it means,DSEE HX when used on mp3 actually added the height part that is missing in lower format, creating illusion of listening live. Thus lower format sounds more natural, more lifelike when this feature is used. Without it, lower format will sound less lively.

I have not turned my 1Z off in the 3 1/2 years I’ve had it and didn’t turn the ZX2 off in 2 years

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #41,644 of 45,723
I have a new very special favorite!
Tiger ears bunny honey moon with 1a+ isnt over!

Region CEV
1a+ new fw 😛😋
Dsee hx Ai on
Linear phase A low
Rest is off.

Impressive detailed and nuances can be perceived. New level fun and precision!

I hear more echoes, it can get airy on the cymbals very fun neet new sound!

Bass is really deep and rumbly with mass to it and air

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #41,645 of 45,723
BTW, is it possible to wake up an 1A, turn the screen on by any other button/touch screen other than power button?
Any hidden trick? :)

You need to look at your 1a then say simsima open up and double tap right earphone.

It worked fore me!

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #41,646 of 45,723
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #41,647 of 45,723
I have a new very special favorite!
Tiger ears bunny honey moon with 1a+ isnt over!

Region CEV
1a+ new fw 😛😋
Dsee hx Ai on
Linear phase A low
Rest is off.

Impressive detailed and nuances can be perceived. New level fun and precision!

I hear more echoes, it can get airy on the cymbals very fun neet new sound!

Bass is really deep and rumbly with mass to it and air
The new firmware you mention, has it been released yet?
Cev, haven’t heard of that region. Might give it a go.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #41,648 of 45,723
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #41,649 of 45,723
Ok I am almost done with my hyper deep testings!
I spent more then a week trying all kinds of stuff and fw roll also lately region rolling with new fw.

And I am at a conclusion phase 90%!

I love 1a+ to much and with my recent explanations in sound and different paths brought me here to like 1a at its pure core! Its so impressive what the new fw and findings have made possible for us the 1a lovers!

Here is my conclusion!
I like wm1a this way
Region CEV
1a+ mode
Dsee hx AI : on
Linear phase : A low

For wm1z I found it sounds best - direct source
Region CEV
1z+ mod

Now my other final decision is going to chock a lot of folks here but it my mainly and pure preference! It does not mean 1a is better then 1z or vice versa!
1a and 1z is 2 different daps for 2 different flavors!
And my decision was tough! As I am my self a 1z lover for over 2 years!!!!

Yes lady's and gentlemen's!
I am selling my wm1z stock! Its in mint conditions and has screen protector and case....

Who ever is interested PM me as I havent yet posted it on sale thread! Its literally brand new!

I am also selling my second wm1a! So also pm me 🙂🙂🙂

Ciao ciao! Pffrrrt rrrr furing Tigers!

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #41,650 of 45,723
Ok I am almost done with my hyper deep testings!
I spent more then a week trying all kinds of stuff and fw roll also lately region rolling with new fw.

And I am at a conclusion phase 90%!

I love 1a+ to much and with my recent explanations in sound and different paths brought me here to like 1a at its pure core! Its so impressive what the new fw and findings have made possible for us the 1a lovers!

Here is my conclusion!
I like wm1a this way
Region CEV
1a+ mode
Dsee hx AI : on
Linear phase : A low

For wm1z I found it sounds best - direct source
Region CEV
1z+ mod

Now my other final decision is going to chock a lot of folks here but it my mainly and pure preference! It does not mean 1a is better then 1z or vice versa!
1a and 1z is 2 different daps for 2 different flavors!
And my decision was tough! As I am my self a 1z lover for over 2 years!!!!

Yes lady's and gentlemen's!
I am selling my wm1z stock! Its in mint conditions and has screen protector and case....

Who ever is interested PM me as I havent yet posted it on sale thread! Its literally brand new!

I am also selling my second wm1a! So also pm me 🙂🙂🙂

Ciao ciao! Pffrrrt rrrr furing Tigers!
I thought the 1Z would be considered a collector's item. If I'm wrong, no problem

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #41,651 of 45,723
I thought the 1Z would be considered a collector's item. If I'm wrong, no problem

I tend to think there can be a compensation too with the 1A for older ears. God knows 1/2 of Head-Fi is people buying gear which replaces the lost frequencies after 50 years old. It seems it would be a sad state of affairs for an 18 year old with perfect hearing. All this bright tilted stuff that sounds fine to the oldies who mastered it (in recording studios) with geriatric ears played back on a supplemental treble boost to make music sound normal in the end.

I think part of the 1A charm now with the new software IS the epitome of that concept in tuning. Where the 1Z is actually somewhat normal?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #41,652 of 45,723
Now what would happen if externally and internally come together ? Like RobertP Autums and A/Z + ?
Lol, you can do it too. Still quite impress with pure stage official v3.02 fw at the moment. :wink:

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #41,653 of 45,723
Can i change region after update to WM1A/Z+ ?

Should change region before update or after update?

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #41,654 of 45,723
Can i change region after update to WM1A/Z+ ?

Should change region before update or after update?
You can change the region anytime you like freely. Don’t worry about it.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #41,655 of 45,723

It can be a collector's edition on a mass scale but to me its a sony signature dap.

I for instance dont like to collect stuff and rather sell to keep what I really use on daily basis and simply reuse that money into the future gear or in my current case recollect the funds into my bank account...

I tend to think there can be a compensation too with the 1A for older ears. God knows 1/2 of Head-Fi is people buying gear which replaces the lost frequencies after 50 years old. It seems it would be a sad state of affairs for an 18 year old with perfect hearing. All this bright tilted stuff that sounds fine to the oldies who mastered it (in recording studios) with geriatric ears played back on a supplemental treble boost to make music sound normal in the end.

I think part of the 1A charm now with the new software IS the epitome of that concept in tuning. Where the 1Z is actually somewhat normal?

I would not call 1z normal sound tuning bit you might know better as you are in audiophile world.longer then I am.

For me 1a sounds normal and 1z fun and warm tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back