SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #33,991 of 45,723
Guys! Need all your attention ! I just discovered a very interesting phenomena about ears !!!!

Remember i said a solist5 is wrong not as good as j3zu!

Well I found my problem!

I took vacations off 1z and was listening to zx507 for 5 days !!!
Yea had to do a burn in on it to reach 200hours and same time I got used to its sound signature!

So whats the big problem?
Its that when I reloaded my J+j3zu on my 1z I was immediately hit by a big treble elevation and was not finding it pleasant at all cause I felt like it was too much!
But How the hell I loved it before and listen to it like its the end of the world and loved it!?

So I loaded solist5 woow so smooth treble very easy delicate no pain from Treble!
So I also tried playing with regions? I load U and it even got more mellow haha . So I was like okey that way to much now let up this up. Back to J + solis hmmm

NOW I feel the real goodness of solis its linear balanced elegant and polite sound to fix all issues and peaks )

I guess I was playing for too long with peakier treble and this what happened it fooled me !

So let your ears rest and refresh cause they can play tricks on ya!

Also means I temporarily damaged my treble in my ears as it was not hurting me as much as before. Its good that its temporary and not permanent! Be careful folks !

I’ve been saying this about the 1A for years. It really is amazing what we can adjust to.

The ZX507 in comparison to the 1A is extremely balanced in it’s sound presentation, with the treble done with love. It’s there but not overly bright/piercing, and all the details are there.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #33,992 of 45,723
TBH, I was just waiting for you to post this update... Took longer than expected though. That's why I am stressing the point of spending more time to listen to each FW vs just a short and quick listen. Enjoy!
A true veteran, like u and Whitigir, knows his ears better than anything else, no matter what music / gears being threw at

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #33,993 of 45,723
TBH, I was just waiting for you to post this update... Took longer than expected though. That's why I am stressing the point of spending more time to listen to each FW vs just a short and quick listen. Enjoy!

Sorry if I did hurt sone feelings.
I did sense that something was wrong as I am my self not a big fan of peaky treble and that solis should of been an instant improvement. See ears need time too! Not just brain perception!

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #33,994 of 45,723
A true veteran, like u and Whitigir, knows his ears better than anything else, no matter what music / gears being threw at

I am learning to lol we all gota start down the ladder )
Thank god we have pros that we can follow and learn Yeaaa

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #33,995 of 45,723
I’ve been saying this about the 1A for years. It really is amazing what we can adjust to. The ZX507 is extremely balanced in it’s sound presentation, with the treble done with love. It’s there but not overly bright/piercing, and all the details are there.

Wait you been saying this about 1a but now you are saying this about zx507?

Just got me confused right there.

But Yes I agree zx507 has a very good out of the box tuning just burn in that dap 200hours first!

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #33,996 of 45,723
Wait you been saying this about 1a but now you are saying this about zx507?

Just got me confused right there.

But Yes I agree zx507 has a very good out of the box tuning just burn in that dap 200hours first!

i’ve been saying the treble on the 1A is bright. i don’t think that about the ZX507 at all

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #33,997 of 45,723
I did sense that something was wrong as I am my self not a big fan of peaky treble and that solis should of been an instant improvement. See ears need time too! Not just brain perception!

dun get me wrong. Def did not hurt any feelings. I’m actually happy that you found the root cause and learned something. I’m totally unbiased towards any FW. Everyone have their own preference. We are all diff but We all love good music and good presentation of music!!

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #33,998 of 45,723
dun get me wrong. Def did not hurt any feelings. I’m actually happy that you found the root cause and learned something. I’m totally unbiased towards any FW. Everyone have their own preference. We are all diff but We all love good music and good presentation of music!!

My new fourte black gota be amazing with solist5 :smile_phones::L3000:
That treble smoothness is just on time ! Haha )

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #34,000 of 45,723
The curse of Tiger Ears! Need to adjust to the right frequencies!

Stop listening with kitten ears Lol

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #34,001 of 45,723
Does anyone have any experience both of MS K Ultimate mod 1Z and Romi Audio 1Z version 3.5? What kinds of differences between these hardware and sound signatures? Cheers!

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #34,002 of 45,723
Mar 10, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #34,003 of 45,723
i’ve been saying the treble on the 1A is bright. i don’t think that about the ZX507 at all
well, a modified 1A is a very different beast. With both Firmware and Hardware modifications, it can easily make other players be running for it money. Especially now with used 1A price.

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #34,004 of 45,723
Relaxing evening with Walkman.
5B7E577A-F437-442D-A404-ADEE288ABBE7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back