SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #33,964 of 45,723
Me and Firmware Limitations on Sound performances for Walkman WM1A/Z
E155DC1E-0AF1-4CB7-A471-62901659FCF3.gif

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #33,966 of 45,723
Cables sell better !!

For example, this cables has the Sound characteristics of Solis, and I made it with $700. If it was $2700, then that would be awesome. I could make it a living for sure
A93FD353-D30D-4DEB-92EF-75708A38087C.jpeg

That's an order

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #33,967 of 45,723
Maybe both if you can? have you tried other iems before that? of Im oF topic please tell me thanks

So first of all here's my review (the lower one from 2018, I don't know how to make a direct link lol) https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shure-kse1200.23160/reviews

Since then I've owned, reviewed or was able to do extensive auditions with a/b comparisons to other TOTL and good iems like 64audio U18Tzar, Tia Fourte, Noble Khan, Empire Ears Legend X, Wraith, Vantage, Phantom, Valkyrie, Oriolus Percivali, Mellianus, Sony IER-Z1R, Inear Prophile 8, Campfire Andromeda, Vega, Lime Ears Aether R and many many more.

Out of all of them KSE are the most resolving, the most transparent, the most clean, with the best detail retrieval and all of this with the most efortless way without being harsh on unnatural. Yes, I do think they are the best iems and that is why I own them :wink: They don't have perfectly neutral tonal balance but somehow music sounds in the most pure and uncolored way with the most realistic manner. If other iems are huge oled 8k screens than KSE are a vr goggles. However it doesn't mean they will be everyones cup of tea. They are very versatile but because they are close to neutral and uncolored they dont have the most exciting tuning if you like popular music genres. They don't have phat bass, or extremely thick midrange, they are not dark or sweet by themselves. I like them with the WM1A because its slightly colored, with added thickness and impactfull bass. That way KSE lean a little bit into more musical and warmer however I wouldn't still call them warm per se. With the extremely resolving and clean Chord Hugo 2 it was like listening to music on molecular level. A sight to behold but too intense in the long run. With WM1A on Solis FW its kinda like that but to lesser extend. It's not yet fatiguing but you already start to wonder if that's not to much information.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #33,968 of 45,723
I can explain why the Internal wires are even more important than external cables under your view of “importance”

Hell, I can even explain why cables change sound

Heck, I can even show you that I will use the same wire materials and make two cables that sound different

Where do you think I get all the experiences to “Tune Firmwares”? LOL!!!!!

I am all in for cables that can improve sound, but if cables sell that well, I will just switch over

Hell yeah. Even braid wires, wires structure/dielectric insulation, soldering materials/quality and modify connectors differently do change sound. If i ask myself before 3 years ago, I wouldn't believe that it does. The more resolving gears the better.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #33,969 of 45,723
So first of all here's my review (the lower one from 2018, I don't know how to make a direct link lol) https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shure-kse1200.23160/reviews

Since then I've owned, reviewed or was able to do extensive auditions with a/b comparisons to other TOTL and good iems like 64audio U18Tzar, Tia Fourte, Noble Khan, Empire Ears Legend X, Wraith, Vantage, Phantom, Valkyrie, Oriolus Percivali, Mellianus, Sony IER-Z1R, Inear Prophile 8, Campfire Andromeda, Vega, Lime Eara Aether R and many many more.

Out of all of them KSE are the most resolving, the most transparent, the most clean, with the best detail retrieval and all of this with the most efortless way without being harsh on unnatural. Yes, I do think they are the best iems and that is why I own them :wink: They don't have perfectly neutral tonal balance but somehow music sounds in the most pure and uncolored way with the most realistic manner. If other iems are huge oled 8k screens than KSE are a vr goggles. However it doesn't mean they will be everyones cup of tea. They are very versatile but because they are close to neutral and uncolored they dont have the most exciting tuning if you like popular music genres. They don't have phat bass, or extremely thick midrange, they are not dark or sweet by themselves. I like them with the WM1A because its slightly colored, with added thickness and impactfull bass. That way KSE lean a little bit into more musical and warmer however I wouldn't still call them warm per se. With the extremely resolving and clean Chord Hugo 2 it was like listening to music on molecular level. A sight to behold but too intense in the long run. With WM1A on Solis FW its kinda like that but to lesser extend. It's not yet fatiguing but you already start to wonder if that's not to much information.
awesome how about volume output do they rumble in the subbass? i picture them as supercleansound right? but a little fatiguing?

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #33,970 of 45,723
awesome how about volume output do they rumble in the subbass? i picture them as supercleansound right? but a little fatiguing?

Muhahaha you want rumble?
TIA TRIO

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #33,971 of 45,723
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #33,973 of 45,723

They have solid amount of bass, infact very comparable amount to mentioned Tia Trio however it feels different. Very clean, fast, tight, extremely controlled and with very accurate impact that can be physically felt. If you like fat, monumental bass that is not overly controlled like from a subwoofer than that's not it.

I don't find them fatiguing. The thing is that with all their resolving glory they really don't feel strained or forced. It's efortless like they still have some reserves left. That all ofcourse depends from the pairings however. They never feel harsh or sharp but can be too clean, too intense with bright and analytical sources. One thing is that they need to be used with foam tips because on silicon tips they can have treble resonance.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #33,974 of 45,723
They have solid amount of bass, infact very comparable amount to mentioned Tia Trio however it feels different. Very clean, fast, tight, extremely controlled and with very accurate impact that can be physically felt. If you like fat, monumental bass that is not overly controlled like from a subwoofer than that's not it.

I don't find them fatiguing. The thing is that with all their resolving glory they really don't feel strained or forced. It's efortless like they still have some reserves left. That all ofcourse depends from the pairings however. They never feel harsh or sharp but can be too clean, too intense with bright and analytical sources. One thing is that they need to be used with foam tips because on silicon tips they can have treble resonance.
Thank you! And all for their comments!

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #33,975 of 45,723

I heard both KSE 1200 vs Khan and general piezoelectric iems type during Canjam. They share similar characteristics in that they are bright but forgot the rest. What’s the difference between them sound wise?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back