SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #33,976 of 45,723
Hi guys, i stepped away for three weeks and the world exploded!!!
I'm playing catch up here, when I try to load software, I keep getting "connect target device to computer with USB cable" but my 1Z is connected. What gives?

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #33,977 of 45,723
I'm playing catch up here, when I try to load software, I keep getting "connect target device to computer with USB cable" but my 1Z is connected. What gives?
You first install sony OFFICIAL 3.02, then download one of the rare packages and install normal

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #33,978 of 45,723

If this is the 5 new modded fw you are using the wrong installation and if it is with some of the original modded fw you must edit the xml fille according to the instructions in Morbiddeaths post (it’s in his signature).

The problem stems from the different hw regions in the players (EU, Japan and Universal).

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #33,979 of 45,723

Need to be on Sony stock firmware 3.02 and match players physical hardware region with the custom firmware; Japan, European or Universal (all other regions)

i.e. My WM1A originates (bought) from China, although I prefer & set Japan (J) region sound signature, if I flash with custom firmware I must still select Universal as the players origin of sales dictates the custom firmware.

Follow the embedded link to identity the players origin if not known.

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #33,982 of 45,723
I'm on firmware 3.02. and also changed to J region.

Custom firmware must match the point of origin, check the engraving/sticker on the lower left hand side of the player as that dictates what custom firmware region to flash.
1583782137705.png

My WM1A is from CH therefore I must flash with the Universal custom firmware, irrespective of what software region I have manually set the player.

Basically three options;
1 - If originating from Japan you must DL/use Japanese custom firmware
2 - If originating from a EU country you must DL/use European custom firmware
3 - If originating from any other country/region you must DL/use Universal custom firmware

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #33,984 of 45,723
I heard both KSE 1200 vs Khan and general piezoelectric iems type during Canjam. They share similar characteristics in that they are bright but forgot the rest. What’s the difference between them sound wise?

KSE have little less highs but they are cleaner and more efortless. Khan highs have more sparkle and are equally resolving with good quality material however they are ruthless with poor recordings to the point that some albums are unlistenable. KSE higs feel very forgiving in comparison.

KSE have more bass which feels harder and faster, the bass from Khan feels more organic and natural yet with great speed and amazing technicalities but it is just less of it.

Midrange in KSE is closer, more flat, with more natural shapes and bigger mass. Khan have thinner and lighter lower midrange especially, with a ton of detail but with less body which is not great for male vocals for example.

The sound from both is equally intense but Khan have more of a predatory feel and KSE is calmer. KSE soundstage feels wider.

In a nutshell, with best music material they are both equally amazing and Khan feels more exciting however with less than perfect quality albums KSE still feels great and Khan feels picky, punishing and almost unlistenable in worst case scenarios.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #33,985 of 45,723
HI all
beyond delighted to be joining ya'll as a VERY happy W1A user
Already, I owe my thanks for the 'JP' :wink:
After an hour its really opening up..looking forward to the next 24/100+200 hour mark :D
(although transferring the contents of a 512gb card is bit of a hassle to have to Sony-fy the card and then reloads all the music!)

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #33,986 of 45,723
HI all
beyond delighted to be joining ya'll as a VERY happy W1A user
Already, I owe my thanks for the 'JP' :wink:
After an hour its really opening up..looking forward to the next 24/100+200 hour mark :D
(although transferring the contents of a 512gb card is bit of a hassle to have to Sony-fy the card and then reloads all the music!)

First 50 hours are the most significant, lot of disenable changes, as time build the treble will smoothen out ever more.

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #33,987 of 45,723
Guys! Need all your attention ! I just discovered a very interesting phenomena about ears !!!!

Remember i said a solist5 is wrong not as good as j3zu!

Well I found my problem!

I took vacations off 1z and was listening to zx507 for 5 days !!!
Yea had to do a burn in on it to reach 200hours and same time I got used to its sound signature!

So whats the big problem?
Its that when I reloaded my J+j3zu on my 1z I was immediately hit by a big treble elevation and was not finding it pleasant at all cause I felt like it was too much!
But How the hell I loved it before and listen to it like its the end of the world and loved it!?

So I loaded solist5 woow so smooth treble very easy delicate no pain from Treble!
So I also tried playing with regions? I load U and it even got more mellow haha . So I was like okey that way to much now let up this up. Back to J + solis hmmm

NOW I feel the real goodness of solis its linear balanced elegant and polite sound to fix all issues and peaks )

I guess I was playing for too long with peakier treble and this what happened it fooled me !

So let your ears rest and refresh cause they can play tricks on ya!

Also means I temporarily damaged my treble in my ears as it was not hurting me as much as before. Its good that its temporary and not permanent! Be careful folks !

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #33,988 of 45,723
Guys! Need all your attention ! I just discovered a very interesting phenomena about ears !!!!

Remember i said a solist5 is wrong not as good as j3zu!

Well I found my problem!

I took vacations off 1z and was listening to zx507 for 5 days !!!
Yea had to do a burn in on it to reach 200hours and same time I got used to its sound signature!

So whats the big problem?
Its that when I reloaded my J+j3zu on my 1z I was immediately hit by a big treble elevation and was not finding it pleasant at all cause I felt like it was too much!
But How the hell I loved it before and listen to it like its the end of the world and loved it!?

So I loaded solist5 woow so smooth treble very easy delicate no pain from Treble!
So I also tried playing with regions? I load U and it even got more mellow haha . So I was like okey that way to much now let up this up. Back to J + solis hmmm

NOW I feel the real goodness of solis its linear balanced elegant and polite sound to fix all issues and peaks )

I guess I was playing for too long with peakier treble and this what happened it fooled me !

So let your ears rest and refresh cause they can play tricks on ya!

Also means I temporarily damaged my treble in my ears as it was not hurting me as much as before. Its good that its temporary and not permanent! Be careful folks !

…………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back