SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #29,506 of 45,723
Anyone with 1A/1Z plan to make this a reality in their home?
uezdiyp83qemvrtcjp4t.jpg

Caution, its probably priced a bit high up in speaker price hierarchy.

You meant like this ?
20190826_181710.jpg

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #29,507 of 45,723
Y a I heard it also and didnt.like ot, found the same.observations as you
Great to see im not crazy for me it sounded veiled, bass was shifted to midbass and 3D was weird like a mix betweet 5.1 room and 3D cues not my liking also I found the Effects wasent as defined as 3.01 but maybe some day if im tired of 3.01 its a nice change ... hope 3.03 hits the nails with better clarity perfect 3D cues and acurate gain i found the low gain to high for my tastes 3.01 is perfect in that regard

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #29,509 of 45,723
I changed the dsee hx to strings and vinyl Processor to surface noise and I swear I’m getting a much warmer sound, probably even warmer than 3.01. Try it guys. I noticed that everyone who is commenting on the negative changes of 3.02 did not state their eq and sound effect settings or if direct mode is on. Those changes make a very significant change to the listening experience. I too was only using direct mode on for a long time since I had the 1A, but I noticed the vinyl Processor especially adds a warmth that I really like and tones down any harshness if there is. My eq is always flat and I never use Phase Linearizer and dynamic nomaliser.

Maybe someone could try the settings i mentioned above and see if there’s a significant change in sound after updating to 3.02.
I heard Vinil Procesor diferences too i stated effects are diferent... so i guess 3.03 will be the best if they fix this

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #29,513 of 45,723
Sep 6, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #29,515 of 45,723
I find the treble a little to bright with 1z and ier. Did this update reduced the treble a bit?
It’s a whole new world now?

My ideas were correct. I’m pretty sure this 3.02 is sonically tuned to unify the 1Z and IER-Z1R. The two are now fully together?

Edit: The 1Z is totally amazing now!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #29,516 of 45,723
I changed the dsee hx to strings and vinyl Processor to surface noise and I swear I’m getting a much warmer sound, probably even warmer than 3.01. Try it guys. I noticed that everyone who is commenting on the negative changes of 3.02 did not state their eq and sound effect settings or if direct mode is on. Those changes make a very significant change to the listening experience. I too was only using direct mode on for a long time since I had the 1A, but I noticed the vinyl Processor especially adds a warmth that I really like and tones down any harshness if there is. My eq is always flat and I never use Phase Linearizer and dynamic nomaliser.

Maybe someone could try the settings i mentioned above and see if there’s a significant change in sound after updating to 3.02.
Mmmm only thing i don’t like about that is the dsee, surface noise actually added some warm, still, i found this update really good, love the soundstage with the aten, this and the balance 7 went from already sounding MASSIVE in soundstage to even wider, both of em excel at bass so no big problem, haven’t checked with razor sharp treble like Lz a6 or dm6, but i think i can make a massive low on the 4K area and done, i love that the Sony EQ feels a bit analogue in a way

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #29,517 of 45,723
So I had to comb thru music to ensure only good stuff got onto z1

Now the question. What’s best way to transfer playlist to z1?

I’ve been using Sony software on PC to transfer

Have used soundiiz but no format seemed right for Sony ...

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #29,518 of 45,723
You meant like this ?
Kinda a bit different really, as the SA-Z1 only used the Walkman port there, so, much simpler, and take up smaller place~ it's in their marketing, that its easy to plug into already owned source as it has its own FPGA architecture

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/speakers/sa-z1/specifications

Yepe! Why not real speakers....er....er....er......

I always got “errors” when I think about that question vs SA-Z1 LOL!

MagnePan , the Planar Speakers
I don't think they can tie it up to the Walkmans and DMP-Z1 as easy when it's, you know, a floorstanding speaker, which has their sweet spot meters away from the speakers.
But yeah many has their own dedicated setups to love already :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #29,519 of 45,723
I saw this cool video small review on the new cassette walkman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back