1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Midnstorms
    Great to see im not crazy for me it sounded veiled, bass was shifted to midbass and 3D was weird like a mix betweet 5.1 room and 3D cues not my liking also I found the Effects wasent as defined as 3.01 but maybe some day if im tired of 3.01 its a nice change ... hope 3.03 hits the nails with better clarity perfect 3D cues and acurate gain i found the low gain to high for my tastes 3.01 is perfect in that regard

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Midnstorms
    what is this? looks TOL

3. Midnstorms
    I heard Vinil Procesor diferences too i stated effects are diferent... so i guess 3.03 will be the best if they fix this

4. Whitigir
    Yepe! Why not real speakers....er....er....er......

I always got “errors” when I think about that question vs SA-Z1 LOL!
    MagnePan , the Planar Speakers

5. Whitigir
    Oops , wrong thread

6. Deftone
    I feel like an idiot, where is the left right channel balance?

7. nc8000 Contributor
    Under Output settings

Peter Ruby and Deftone like this.
  8. Deftone
    Thank you

9. Vitaly2017
    I find the treble a little to bright with 1z and ier. Did this update reduced the treble a bit?
    It’s a whole new world now?

10. AlexCBSN
    Mmmm only thing i don’t like about that is the dsee, surface noise actually added some warm, still, i found this update really good, love the soundstage with the aten, this and the balance 7 went from already sounding MASSIVE in soundstage to even wider, both of em excel at bass so no big problem, haven’t checked with razor sharp treble like Lz a6 or dm6, but i think i can make a massive low on the 4K area and done, i love that the Sony EQ feels a bit analogue in a way

11. LegionWolf
    So I had to comb thru music to ensure only good stuff got onto z1

Now the question. What’s best way to transfer playlist to z1?

I’ve been using Sony software on PC to transfer

Have used soundiiz but no format seemed right for Sony ...

12. Sp12er3
    Kinda a bit different really, as the SA-Z1 only used the Walkman port there, so, much simpler, and take up smaller place~ it's in their marketing, that its easy to plug into already owned source as it has its own FPGA architecture

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/speakers/sa-z1/specifications

I don't think they can tie it up to the Walkmans and DMP-Z1 as easy when it's, you know, a floorstanding speaker, which has their sweet spot meters away from the speakers.
    But yeah many has their own dedicated setups to love already :beyersmile:

phonomat and Peter Ruby like this.
  13. Vitaly2017
    I saw this cool video small review on the new cassette walkman

Sp12er3, Quadfather and LegionWolf like this.
  14. Midnstorms
    has someone tryed BGVP DMG? with wm1a thankls in advance

15. Deftone
    Sony does not appear to make any statements on re tuning the sound signature for every update only features and UI improvements. It makes more sense to me that if they believed that had improved the sound would they not make a fuss about it?

normie610 and phonomat like this.