1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. McMadface
    The going rate for used kidneys is $262,000.00. Don't sell yourself short.

Sp12er3, KuroKitsu, auronthas and 4 others like this.
  2. captblaze
    is that with or without anesthesia? I don't want my girl to suffer too much

and with the extra cash she can take a few weeks off to recover

3. McMadface
    She'll barely feel a thing. And, you should still have a couple of thousand left over after getting a HE1 Orpheus for every room of the house.

4. captblaze
    I like your thinking, although the WM-1A will have to do till at least 4 (of 5) kids are through with college

5. proedros
    if i were you, I would buy the VN case and sell my other DAP

your wallet (and your shoulders/arms) should get much stronger that way.

I approve 100%

Sp12er3 likes this.
  6. McMadface
    You mean kidney farm.

7. captblaze
    that's where wifey draws the line...

she is willing to take one for the team, but the kids are off limits

McMadface and majo123 like this.
  8. Kitechaser
    I have some goals in mind for next year. When I get em done, I will get the DMP-Z1 to celebrate.
    Spending 8 grand on a player, when you say it out loud sounds pretty ridiculous still.
    Maybe the next WM1A successor will have some of that DMP Magic?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  9. Quadfather
    Yikes! People actually sell their kidneys? I will keep both of mine thank you very much, in case one happens to fail.

pietcux likes this.
  10. Quadfather
    I just demoed the Meze Empyreans and found that I still like my Shure SRH1540 headphones better. Just saying... I think finding proper synergies can save people a lot of money.

11. Kitechaser
    It is soooooooo important to listen to DAPS/IEMS/Headphones for yourself, I have tried almost every iem under the tree, and I like my $900 planar single driver more than 3k electrostats.
    Too many people get influenced by other people's opinions, you like what you like, that's the only opinion that matters.
    Can't stress that enough.

endlesswaves, phonomat, KEV G and 2 others like this.
  12. Quadfather
    I totally agree. I realize that my LPG has greater resolution than my Sony NW-WM1A. However, I find myself listening to the Sony 80% of the time. There is more to musicality than resolution. I know objectively that the Sony doesn't sound as good as the LPG, but I still like the way the Sony sounds more for some bizarre reason. Can I explain it in words? No.

KuroKitsu likes this.
  13. Kitechaser
    Same here. I just recently had a chance to listen to a lot of different DAPs, including up the food chain (3k plus) and I liked the WM1A the most. Go figure..
    Synergy plays a big factor, but more than that, the Sony sound, it has that cohesiveness, there is more to music than simple technicalities. Firmware 3.01 to my ears is pretty damn impressive.
    My ears are pretty sensitive to instrument timbre, and sony gets this more right than anyone else. (In my opinion)
    Everything sounds like it should.

KuroKitsu and Quadfather like this.
  14. Quadfather
    I have my eye on the gold Sony because I heard that and loved it as well

Kitechaser likes this.
  15. Whitigir
    A much thicker Suede -Hide 3.5mm thickness for the 2nd hand sewn leather case. It also has Sling handles for sling bag carry-on purposes. The finishing on the leather is Alcantara like :D
    BFFB4593-693C-4498-96A7-A39A3449CBE8.jpeg
    50159041-77FA-44A2-9D9A-57AD20398A5F.jpeg 59EC5F41-3F0E-4F46-90C8-9BE279229BAF.jpeg 3EE3D0F1-5423-4EB5-8BD5-9433808112FE.jpeg E3C1DB20-E5DB-4674-AE53-0858BE3CA543.jpeg 70F0F9B8-B4DF-4128-AFD9-BC9E25D7059C.jpeg DC22B887-71FB-44B6-8285-C3C8AC58D51F.jpeg