1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Whitigir
    Smooth ? Lol...everytime we insert a stick into a hole...we supposed to ask for a smooth entrants opening ? OK ! Deal!

Btw, that is not Sony fault....it is Pentaconn, and it is likely happening during transport of components. Those are very soft metals which is more likely to be dings and dent when knocked into something during transporting.

I also just realized that Sony newest Top tier , DMP-Z1 has 5X super capacitors....oh goodness! WM1Z has 1

auronthas and captblaze like this.
  2. captblaze
    I could only imagine how wonderful the R&D lab at Sony Audio division must be.

3. bflat
    Anyone try a 1a/z with the Abyss Diana Phi? Abyss shows photos with the combo but many on Headfi are saying these need a desktop amp.

Hyde8767 likes this.
  4. Whitigir
    You will need DMP Z1 :D

5. mejoshua
    Mine has this exact thing! Annoying but can't do anything about it. Everything else is just about perfect!

6. Silvano
    Actually there is a thing to do in order to correct this issue: I mean using a small and suitable flat head milling bit with blades on top and driven smoothly by hand. If you wish try this be aware to operate with the DAP in upside down position and the milling operation from the bottom in order to avoid metal particles go inside the earphone socket.

7. sne4me
    Since you are the only member to claim ownership of a 1tb card, please take a screen shot of your storage summary in the menu of you WM1A/Z and upload it. I want to see the screenshot, please.

8. rabidsquid
    IMG_0624.jpg

9. KurobaHeiji
    How much is it?

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. rabidsquid
  11. KurobaHeiji
  12. Mal Waldron
    Speaking of micro SD cards, Lexar brand sells the 512 gb to 75 €. Any experience with them?

13. Virtu Fortuna
    It's a good one. Many of my friends have used the 256GB SD version without any issue.

Mal Waldron likes this.
  14. nc8000 Contributor
    I would assume that it is a fake at that price

15. captblaze
    kubig123 likes this.