1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    @Redcarmoose how are for your ears, the IER-Z1R with wm1A?

2. Redcarmoose
    186BE585-683B-4E8E-866F-A55D361F2253.jpeg
    Well, it’s debatable what’s the best DAP for em? Though your IER-Z1R IEMs are arriving soon right?

As long as you get a good fit in your ears, a deep seated air-tight fit; with the correct tips..........your 1A will get you to a very special place!

A once in a lifetime feeling place! Cheers!

In many reviews I have written........I discovered the 1A to be superior to even the TA desktop and 1Z? The 1A gets the IER-Z1R the clearest response and the “thickness” of it all is a first for 1A use, in my experience. Remember too after the first 100 hours they dramatically improve in smoothness and bass texture. IMO

But these are exciting times, I held off buying a top level IEM, as I knew the IER-Z1R was coming, even before it was announced, I just had this feeling to save-up and wait. In the end it payed off.

I’m 100% certain I could sell off everything thing I own.............(EVERYTHING)......and be happy with the 4.4mm included cable.....the IER-Z1R and 1A.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Hyde8767, aisalen and NickL33 like this.
  3. gerelmx1986
    Thanks, and yup tho info in German , it says it was already released from customs
    Screenshot_20190526-113342_Chrome.jpg

Redcarmoose likes this.
  4. gerelmx1986
    @Redcarmoose I am happy with my WM1A and the MDR-Z1R, so cool I'll soon have the top tier IEM for portable use

NickL33 and Redcarmoose like this.
  5. Redcarmoose
    Strangely they effect how you later perceive the full size Z1R. What happens is you can key into the bass physicality and the full-size headphones come off.....lacking bass. :)

If you can imagine?

6. Aliv3
    Anyone here with the WM1A also have the Rai Penta and the Andromeda that can provide some feedback?

7. gerelmx1986
    Yes I can imagine that, just after trying Nespresso coffee system all other coffees tasted bad or lacking

8. Redcarmoose
    Obviously the full-size do others things the IEM can’t. It’s probably comparable to listening to one signature, then after going to another signature............you have acclimation issues? No one headphone is better, and they do share a common signature tone, but maybe IEM bass is more intense? Though it may not seem that intense to you right off as it’s pulled back slightly from the Z5 you owned? Though the sub-bass is more physical. IMO

Personally I think it’s a more accomplished IEM, gaining over the Z5 with technically and talent. Mainly I wanted a more forward midrange than the Z5 which it is.........even though the midrange is not it’s emphasis. It’s just so clear the midrange info is there anyway by default.

9. gerelmx1986
    I felt the z5 IEM I used to own lacked mid and treble details, more notable the treble was super rolled off, and I sense the MDR-Z1R provides this detail I crave for plus having nice bodied bass sound without sounding sterile or super bassy. The z5 drawbacks were.most noticiable with hi-res audio

10. Redcarmoose
    Exactly also less lower midrange/bass than the Z5 but.....more sub-bass; which gets it a faster sound; where the Z5 was almost foggy.

The Z5 was smooth like maple syrup, but had a lower response haze, which you would notice if you hear it again in a month or two.

The IER-Z1R keeps the 1A owner from needing a 1Z.

11. gerelmx1986
    15588695226017631911860585644165.jpg
    Sonntag nur Musik hören

12. flyer1
    The IER-Z1R keeps the 1A owner from needing a 1Z.[/QUOTE]

And a 1Z owner keeps from needing a IER-Z1R?

Since I moved a month ago to Final E5000, I have been enjoying them a lot with my 1Z after I got rid of my Z5's. They improve on mentioned areas the Z5's are lacking in and are very enjoyable.

Now these are holding back my planned purchase of Z1R as I currently believe to have unexpectedly found my perfect sound..

13. Redcarmoose
    So true, how the 1Z can “wake-up” so many IEMs!

It makes even my $35 IEMs into ear-candy. :)

Leetransform25 and Quadfather like this.
  14. flyer1
    Maybe the E5000's are a bit of a €250 hidden gem as well? I admit they were an impulse buy for me after remembering only a few positive remarks on them here and curiosity got the hang of me.

15. Redcarmoose
    To name a couple my qdc Anole V3 is actually known for being slightly less detailed than others in it’s $500-$550 price point. The bass is good as well as it’s a good fitting IEM. The 1Z treble makes it better and the soundstage adds to the IEMs soundstage.

The Z5, even though I was belittling it, sounds dramatically improved with the 1Z treble; as the 1Z offers both authority and treble pizzazz!