SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #27,946 of 45,723
The R6 Pro bass did not/does not sound muddy to me.
That's what I heard using Acoustune HS1650CU (Warmer sounding DD IEM) playing same song on MSD card.
Or does it needs more burn in time? My friend had it for like 3 weeks. Or maybe it does not pair well with this pair of IEM.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #27,947 of 45,723
That's what I heard using Acoustune HS1650CU (Warmer sounding DD IEM) playing same song on MSD card.
Or does it needs more burn in time? My friend had it for like 3 weeks. Or maybe it does not pair well with this pair of IEM.

Concur. Warmish IEMs and 1Z = bad match. Even though 1Z is superior in certain aspect like having deeper and higher soundstage. It does sounds muddy when in comparison with the 1A when paired with warmish IEMs.

May 14, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #27,948 of 45,723
They sure don't sound good together though, the NW-WM1A lacks the power to drive the MDR-Z1R properly, you just don't nearly the same amount of detail as you would driving it from a desktop (or more powerful portable) amplifier.
While high impedance headphones require higher voltage, low impedance headphones on the other end, require higher current. Lower impedance doesn't always mean easier to drive, that's something to keep in mind.
thats not what other users have reported... tehy say its sounds awesome on 1A

May 14, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #27,949 of 45,723
I have been enjoying this exchange... soundsgood / not really. this should be an indicator of how important it is to audition gear before purchasing. our brains perceive many things differently and sound is no different than taste in food, art and any other activity that involves your brain and its perception of events and reality.

I am happy that most everyone agrees that Sony can produce the goods

May 14, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #27,950 of 45,723
It could be the later, as I don't own that specific pair of IEM. That said, according to hiby it supposedly needs some burn in time, but I have only had it for about 3 weeks as well, so I can't say it's been properly burned in on my end yet.

May 14, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #27,952 of 45,723
Walkman 1Z and qdc Anole v3
DSC_0006.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back