1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. mosika
    Thank you so much. I just focus on
    clarity and details. :))

2. Redcarmoose
    Don’t know how much I can really help? As it’s probably somehow more abstract. Like one combo would be slightly deeper sounding and due to soundstage actually have more detail? There is a member in the IER-Z1R thread that has the M9 and IER-Z1R.....I’ll get his name for you.

Edit:

He has both IEMs.
    https://www.head-fi.org/members/giullian.481626/

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. Midnstorms
    I will just add this! :point_up_2: custom fit:shirt:

Leetransform25 likes this.
  4. Midnstorms
    Its is true there is no better i agree, i prefer this forum running lol than people quiet not asking anything that just borring haha, but thats me... i agree with other opinions as well no hard feelings:boy:

5. Jalo
    If anyone knows if there is any Sony announcement at the Munich Show this weekend?

Liono likes this.
  6. gerelmx1986
    Sony usually announces un september

7. udesign48
    I hope Sony will create more N3AP style in-ear monitors. I don't like anything that hangs around my ears... when AKG K3003 and N3AP can sound this good, I see no reason to wear something that hangs around the ears.
    They don't contribute to sound quality and comfort in any way.
    So I like models such as IE800s, Yamaha EPH 200, Sony N3AP, AKG K3003, etc. They fit straight into your ears.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  8. Liono
    I would agree, the ZX1 was announced in September 2013, however this thread was started and products announced in July (2016), and some previous gen Walkmans have been announced in July, so I guess we'll have to find out, between July and September!

Something is definitely cooking though, as Sony UK have revamped their site with Historical pieces on the Walkman and there seemed to be a flurry of external sites in February exploring the history of the Walkman.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/audio-signature-series

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Erfan Elahi and phonomat like this.
  9. Shivas
    Are there any rumors or info on the successor for the WM1A? Also, any comparisons between the WM1A and A&K SE100?

10. blazinblazin
    I have tried SE100 recently. I would say very close to 1A 3.01 sound. Probably 1A is very slightly warmer.

Shivas likes this.
  11. Shivas
    Alright thanks man! I hope there will be an upcoming DAP from Sony this year!!

Hyde8767 likes this.
  12. Kitechaser
    The birds told me it was an update to the zx300. A refresh.
    The main players are not being looked at till at least next year, if not longer.

13. Snekismyfriend
    Zx400 confirmed?

14. Kitechaser
    It's not confirmed till sony says it, but that's the word. We will all find out soon enough. I am very happy with 1A, but if the next ZX Update can approach that level of SQ in a smaller package, I would have to take a very hard look at it.

ADD: the ZX300 is a few tiers below the 1A. I can't for the life of me see how people can say they sound the same.

AeroSatan and Midnstorms like this.
  15. Midnstorms
    I have zx100 wich should sound inferior to both of them i used to love it... i still love his battery i can run for a a hole week yes thats 7 to 8 days no charging 4hs a day, its a beast in terms of portability and battery life and it sounds better than anything i have heard... till i bought 1A then it started sounding like , highs not extended and piercing, recesed and veiled mids, bass that is more on the 60hz ratio not in the 30hz zone that makes your iem rumble, and also stage is dull and borring, (thats comparing to 1A firm 3.01 there where closer on 1.20 (sound signature) dough bass was miles away on 1A) wich certanly make holographic presentation also zx100 struglles with bass a lot, what zx100 its really good at its at low volum, i cant ask enough for a firmware update to my dear zx100 so at least i can decently equalize it!! sony dont be selfish its not that hard... i guess zx300 should sound closer to 1A without the bass rumble... and slightly less details and power reserve... still use my zx100 for biking! dough i can tell it feels like when you go full HD the go back to DVD.. phone being VHS, lol they say 4K its 1Z so... i guess sony will amaze us soon with some next gen Walkman maybe same battery stamina than zx100 same bass than 1Z same airness of the 1A same weight than 1A better looks than all of them combined!! and superb OS and effects Hope so!:violin::musical_keyboard::drum:

Kitechaser likes this.