1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. audionewbi
    Isn't the 12 tone analysis done on the original file on the media go database ? I thought walkman no longer carried the s scanning.

2. bflat
    Have no idea how it works and never used media go.

3. audionewbi
    I think the reason why it is taking long is your file aren't getting scanned by your walkman, after reading, the SenseMe data is created by Media Go/Music Center, and upon syncing those data, walkman uses those data to create SenseMe playlist.

4. bflat
    Makes Sense to Me LOL

I don't know if I want to mess with Media Go. I just use iTunes to manage all my playlists and export into my 1z.

5. rwproaudio
    Pls help, my wm1z cannot play DSD..... I’ve tested multiple versions of firmware and have done hard reset. And all music files are in “MUSIC” folder.

6. Whitigir
    What DSD are you trying to play ? And are you using 4.4mm ? DSD is only able to play back from 4.4mm

7. rwproaudio
    4.4 balanced, about 70% of my FLAC files plays fine which is odd......

8. rwproaudio
    Just to rule out any corrupted file, I actually tested the sample DSD track, and my 1z freezes

9. nc8000 Contributor
    They play dsf but not dff files

10. nc8000 Contributor
    Dsd plays not matter which output but it is only 4.4 that does native, 3.5 converts to pcm

Redcarmoose and superuser1 like this.
  11. Whitigir
    Yes, that is a more accurate ways to put it.

The funny thing when we complain about zx2 and or WM converting back to PCM from Native DSD...Chord and MScaler argues the opposite and still selling :wink:

12. rwproaudio
    Looks like I have one of those “lucky” wm1z, ive tested multiple versions of firmware, and the dsf samplers don’t even play.....would be a hard fight to get a warranty repair without receipt, anyone has experience with Sony servicing wm1a/1z?

13. sbho1
    Finally, I found my most preferred sound singanture for my 1Z together with the Z1R headphone+Sony Kimbler cable ... it is Vinyl of FW 3.01 .
    It is musical, right amount of warm, right amount of clear bass, non fatique treble, overall clear natural relaxing sound.
    I strongly suggest those who currently remain like the FW 1.20, should try this latest FW3.01 Vinyl selection.

roses77, Aslshark and Redcarmoose like this.
  14. Mrcojocaru
    Honestly, I just came from 1.2 and I feel like 3.01 has really good bass but its cleaner. I didn't like 3.0 but I'm enjoying this.

Aslshark and bden59 like this.
  15. kingdixon

Did you try to reset to factory settings from the device settings ?

Also, do you mean by the dsf samples, the ones that come preinstalled on the device ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018