SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #25,546 of 45,723
For those wondering about separating albums with the same album title.
You could edit the "Album Sort" tag, like in mp3tag.
You would have to input into the album sort field "Greatest Hits (BB King)", but keep the album title as "Greatest Hits".
It's under extended tags in mp3tag. If you don't see it, then you can "add field" and add the album sort tag that way.
Then it will show as Greatest Hits in your library while separating each album.
beaFcN2.jpg

I use Tag&Rename software to sort out my folders. I downloaded MP3 Tag & I don’t find it easy to use. How do you upload photos on here I tried that it won’t upload for me.

Nov 19, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #25,550 of 45,723
For those wondering about separating albums with the same album title.
You could edit the "Album Sort" tag, like in mp3tag.
You would have to input into the album sort field "Greatest Hits (BB King)", but keep the album title as "Greatest Hits".
It's under extended tags in mp3tag. If you don't see it, then you can "add field" and add the album sort tag that way.
Then it will show as Greatest Hits in your library while separating each album.
beaFcN2.jpg
Perfect! Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

Nov 19, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #25,551 of 45,723

This is how how I browse via using folders. Now I know how to upload photos I figured it out. If you have an huge music library like I do browse via folders.

I understand, I find it easier to use the scroll on the right side, it scrolls through the alphabet making it easy to land close to the album I'm looking for, and I find it much easier than going to folder - system storage - SD card - and in case file type - artist and finally...album.
To each his own. Cheers!

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #25,552 of 45,723
I understand, I find it easier to use the scroll on the right side, it scrolls through the alphabet making it easy to land close to the album I'm looking for, and I find it much easier than going to folder - system storage - SD card - and in case file type - artist and finally...album.
To each his own. Cheers!
That’s great if you find it easier to search albums. it’s personal preference.

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #25,553 of 45,723
Nov 20, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #25,555 of 45,723
Hello fellow Sony Fans! long time fan of sony audio products :)
I have a serious question and i'm in no way "trolling". i sincerely would like to know if anyone has compared the NW-WMA1 with the Astell & Kern A&norma SR15?
I'm currently looking for a new DAP and i've come to the choice of either the WMA1 or the SR15. I wont be using it for super hard to drive headphones but some headphones i use or have used are a little power hungry. i'm wondering now thats its been a while since the WMA1 has been out if firmwares have fixed most issues and what kind of battery life people are experiencing.

also sound signature between the two daps i've mentioned. i've heard that the WMA1 has a warmer sound in general. i wonder if this is true?

thank you for your time everyone :)

PS: are there a good selection of cases for the WMA1? hopefully decently priced in a nice padded leather.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #25,556 of 45,723
Hello fellow Sony Fans! long time fan of sony audio products :)
I have a serious question and i'm in no way "trolling". i sincerely would like to know if anyone has compared the NW-WMA1 with the Astell & Kern A&norma SR15?
I'm currently looking for a new DAP and i've come to the choice of either the WMA1 or the SR15. I wont be using it for super hard to drive headphones but some headphones i use or have used are a little power hungry. i'm wondering now thats its been a while since the WMA1 has been out if firmwares have fixed most issues and what kind of battery life people are experiencing.

also sound signature between the two daps i've mentioned. i've heard that the WMA1 has a warmer sound in general. i wonder if this is true?

thank you for your time everyone :)

PS: are there a good selection of cases for the WMA1? hopefully decently priced in a nice padded leather.

What do you like more ? Soundstage and separations or do you like a more realistic timbres body ? Wm1Z was great driving HD800S out of 4.4mm, I would wager WM1A would still be able to pull it too

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #25,557 of 45,723
What do you like more ? Soundstage and separations or do you like a more realistic timbres body ? Wm1Z was great driving HD800S out of 4.4mm, I would wager WM1A would still be able to pull it too
I do like soundstage, but i dont want it too wide as i find it pulls the center stage thin.
I've noticed from varied listening to devices that the wider the soundstage it gets a bit thin and i dont like how female vocals sound when that happens.
but separation and sound stage are always something beautiful to have. timbers i can be ok with as long as some classical sounds come out as authentic and not overwhelming. ex: violins and pianos, if its not done right i feel the harshness of the tone drowns out the resonance of the actual instrument which makes it feel like it has no detail.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #25,558 of 45,723
I do like soundstage, but i dont want it too wide as i find it pulls the center stage thin.
I've noticed from varied listening to devices that the wider the soundstage it gets a bit thin and i dont like how female vocals sound when that happens.
but separation and sound stage are always something beautiful to have. timbers i can be ok with as long as some classical sounds come out as authentic and not overwhelming. ex: violins and pianos, if its not done right i feel the harshness of the tone drowns out the resonance of the actual instrument which makes it feel like it has no detail.

Excellent! And you had a right calls on current DAPs limitations

You will be very happy with 1A, but that is my guess. To be sure, you go try it in person with your favorite pairing before making your call

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #25,559 of 45,723
Excellent! And you had a right calls on current DAPs limitations

You will be very happy with 1A, but that is my guess. To be sure, you go try it in person with your favorite pairing before making your call
I would love to, but there arent any offical Sony stores in my city anymore (they closed up due to poor business and left.) and other music stores where i buy daps, headphones, and other equipment dont carry sony dap or dac equipment. my only way is if i buy and find out myself or find someone in my city who has it where i can borrow for a bit to try before buying. :frowning2: audio community in my city is terribly small.

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #25,560 of 45,723
I would love to, but there arent any offical Sony stores in my city anymore (they closed up due to poor business and left.) and other music stores where i buy daps, headphones, and other equipment dont carry sony dap or dac equipment. my only way is if i buy and find out myself or find someone in my city who has it where i can borrow for a bit to try before buying. :frowning2: audio community in my city is terribly small.

I am very confident that you would love Wm1A from what you described above :)

Given that Wm1Z could drive my Hd800S so wel with 4.4mml, there is no reason why WM1A can not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back