1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Whitigir
    The best sound quality for the cheapest price and also great reliability ? Is the cables that you make it yourself LOL! Anyways, you can only pick 2: cheap, reliable, performances

NaiveSound likes this.
  2. nc8000 Contributor
    A dust plug I would guesd

3. rtjoa
    Dust plug pin

4. Elyfantman
    Oh. Thanks!

5. aisalen
    I am using this one for a year already with my XBA-A3.
    https://www.amazon.com/4-4mm-5-pole...2313195&sr=8-43&keywords=4.4mm+balanced+cable

My logic is that I do not use cable pricier than my iem, and if my iem needs pricier cable to sound good then I need to replace it.

alphanumerix1 and rcoleman1 like this.
  6. meurglys0
    I like your logic, though my IEMs (Earsonics SM3 v2) were 400 Euros when they were still sold on the Earsonics online shop.

So, I take it you're happy with the sound coming from those cables, is that so?

7. kingdixon
    Guys, any one with a dissassembled wm1a pictures, or know what brand is the nand flash or internal storage used inside ?

I found only 2 pieces of info, some picture of a disassembeled wm1z which shows sk hynix e-nand used,

While the service manual has a picture that shows nand flash as toshiba, but this might be a picture from an older device.

8. Blommen
    Maybe @Whitigir knows, I believe he has disassembled his wm1z at least.

9. kingdixon
    Ye i saw pictures of wm1z, i dont remember if it was his or someone else, it used a sk hynix e-nand, found no tools for it currently,

Also wanted to be sure wm1a uses the same nand or different.

10. Whitigir
    I did modify more than a couple Mw1Z. However, I have not seen wm1A internal to confirm to you what flash it has :)

Blommen and kingdixon like this.
  11. aisalen
    Yes, I am happy with the sound more than the stock cable. The stock it replace have 3.5 connector while those is 4.4. Here is another one I bought the same time for my IT03 which I used daily.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V1KMF6

12. Bosk
    Out of curiosity Whitigir how do you find the WM1Z stacks up sonically against the DX200 with one of the better AMP cards?

13. alphanumerix1
  14. aisalen
    There is no microphonics, but not to be use for over the ear as the wire is a little tick. I like the 2nd one I post (black one) that I use with my IT03 over the ear. Also zero microphonics.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  15. NaiveSound
    What's a rather cheap cable (4.4mm and 2pin) say 100$ or less?