May 29, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #20,702 of 45,723
May 29, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #20,707 of 45,723
What is DINK ? LOL!

Double Income, No Kids.

qi6wqCg.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #20,708 of 45,723
Double Income, No Kids.

crap...I wished I was DINK, but neither of those above were correct. I simply am....submitting toward my inner beast....this guy keeps on craving for music, and it keeps hearing (flaws, negativity)....I just keep climbing.

Hear me, please, if you started hearing the differences in your music over cables, and the little things...your beasts are becoming matured, and you are going to be consumed.

May 29, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #20,709 of 45,723
I did ventured down that road, but trust me, I only have a set of ears ! Not enough time to do it all ! LoL!

I need a good portable rig since I’m away from hone with work about 100-150 nights a year

May 29, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #20,710 of 45,723
Ok maybe @Whitigir is either retired or he works on an environment where he can't have music at work, f.e. Banker, Trader, Chemist, working in a dangerous job such as a metal (steel f.e) processing facility or Nuke plant

May 29, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #20,711 of 45,723
I went to Sony to have demo. I had Z7 and Z1R both using balanced cable. I agree that Z1R sounded now refined but with that price, I think I am happy with z7.

Was the Z7 vs. Z1R difference a “Wow!” difference, or a, “yeah, I can hear that,” difference?

I had to decide between them too and about 95% sure on the Z7 now, with the benefit that I can afford the WM1A if I get the lower-priced headphone (instead of zx300).

May 29, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #20,712 of 45,723
Was the Z7 vs. Z1R difference a “Wow!” difference, or a, “yeah, I can hear that,” difference?

I had to decide between them too and about 95% sure on the Z7 now, with the benefit that I can afford the WM1A if I get the lower-priced headphone (instead of zx300).

I had experienced with them, and Z1R is yes. Z1R is successor of Z7 which also meant to be higher tier of performances. However, it depends a lot on your preferences. I know people who would take modified Z7 over Z1R. I also know people who rather prefer Z1R over HD800/S. It is all matter of personal preferences.

All I can say is that Z7 is still one of the top of the mid-tier level, modify it will bring it up a notch. But Z1R is engineered/designed to be high-end. Doesn’t warrant that you may like it better than Z7 either :D

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #20,713 of 45,723
I had experienced with them, and Z1R is yes. Z1R is successor of Z7 which also meant to be higher tier of performances. However, it depends a lot on your preferences. I know people who would take modified Z7 over Z1R. I also know people who rather prefer Z1R over HD800/S. It is all matter of personal preferences.

All I can say is that Z7 is still one of the top of the mid-tier level, modify it will bring it up a notch. But Z1R is engineered/designed to be high-end. Doesn’t warrant that you may like it better than Z7 either :D

"Depends." Honest answer. After I forced myself to come off the Z1R pedestal and reconsider my shopping list, it started becoming even more important to me to get the WM1A. Whatever DAP I buy is probably gonna be with me a long time. May sound silly/inconceivable to some of you, but this is to replace a 1st gen Zune. (which was a fine mp3 player, in its time) I bought the Zune brand new in 2006, I still use it almost daily and it still works like the day I bought it. 12 years, one device. But I've been through several different headphones and IEM's with it. That's a trend that probably isn't going to change, so if I'm gonna go large on one item it should be the DAP. (Not 1Z large though - a man's gotta know his limitations lol.)

May 29, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #20,715 of 45,723
Has anyone tried the Sennheiser HD650s on both the 1Z and the 1A? Which combination is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back