Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions !
Mar 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #106 of 175
I bought the adapters 2.5mm to 4.4mm from PW Audio. No one makes adaptors 4.4mm to 3.5mm SE. As I'm waiting until it becomes available. I bought the Sony Kimber Kable 4.4mm balanced from for Sony MDRZ1R headphones from Woo Hoo audio as it's only made in Japan, and Sony IEM Kimber Kable MMCX connection from www.cdjapan.com.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #107 of 175
I bought the adapters 2.5mm to 4.4mm from PW Audio. No one makes adaptors 4.4mm to 3.5mm SE. As I'm waiting until it becomes available. I bought the Sony Kimber Kable 4.4mm balanced from for Sony MDRZ1R headphones from Woo Hoo audio as it's only made in Japan, and Sony IEM Kimber Kable MMCX connection from www.cdjapan.com.

Thanks for the info!
PW Audio is in Hongkong. If you search "4.4mm 3.5mm" or say "4.4mm shure" on Aliexpress.com, balanced cables or 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapters are available for reasonable prices. Not sure about the quality though.

May 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #110 of 175
Happily reporting yet again the WM1Z is an excellent analog Source into your amplifier. Here is using with 009 and Carbon. I need to clean up and have good chassis sockets. Pardon the dangling look :D

You're a madman!

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
May 9, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #111 of 175
Believe you have to empty the recycle folder, if you connected to a PC, and deleted the files. Set hidden folders to display (if they are not set), to see the folder. It is the same principle for MS or Apple OS.

May 9, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #112 of 175
Hi guys

Im having trouble reclaiming internal disk space after deleting a load of albums. can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Did you delete the albums when Sony WM1Z was connected to computer, not empty the recycle bin, that's probably why. You need to go to reset/format. Format the internal memory all music will be erased.

May 22, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #114 of 175
thanks roses77 i figured i would have to start over in the end . thanks for coming back to me.

Your very Welcome. I love My Sony WM1Z a lot. Just as I buy the copper gold Sony. The new Astell&kern flagship had been released in Copoer & Stainless steel versions the A&Ultima PS1000 will be out in June its not limited editions it's mass production. How it will compare to Sony WM1Z. I wonder if Sony will release Stainless Steel version too would be great.

May 23, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #115 of 175
Your very Welcome. I love My Sony WM1Z a lot. Just as I buy the copper gold Sony. The new Astell&kern flagship had been released in Copoer & Stainless steel versions the A&Ultima PS1000 will be out in June its not limited editions it's mass production. How it will compare to Sony WM1Z. I wonder if Sony will release Stainless Steel version too would be great.
there are some great looking DAPS coming up for release but having just bought the sony and picking up a FIIO X5 Mk3 im done! for now :wink: really like them both but the Sony takes the top award - as it should do for the price differential. Im looking forward to trying the balanced output when my new cable arrives on thursday.

May 23, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #116 of 175

Stainless steel has much higher resistance and less conductivity than both copper and aluminium, since the Walkmans were designed with the chassis as grounding and the reasoning from the engineers is to have the the ground to be minimum resistance as possible for less lost in current flow, in this case Stainless Steel would be a terrible engineering choice in Sony's design case and goes against their engineering design.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #117 of 175
20170711_204501.jpg It's been a while but we are finally in the club. What a tremendous feat of engineering.

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #120 of 175
Forgot quote....UGH!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back