Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions !
Mar 2, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #91 of 175
I am going in for a demo of the entire signature series to the Source AV group here in Torrance, CA. Anyone wants to join? Appointment is booked for 1300 hrs PST on Friday, 03-March.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #92 of 175
Hiiiiii guyzzzz !!!!! Plzzzzz i have questions about this player !!!!! Can i connect this walkman to any smartphones ???? Just like am using ampliefer to phone !!" i have buy walkman !!and i dont know how to connect to any iphone or android smartphones !!!! Plzzzzzzzzzz plzzzzzzzz if anyone know how to connect it then tell me what to do !!!plzzzz

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #96 of 175

it's like asking if you can connect the 1Z to your phone, so you can make calls with the 1Z- 

You can't because it does not have the technology to do it, And, more importantly, why would you want to, as the phone already can makes calls by itself.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #99 of 175
Just got my unit tonight. No problem transferring files but getting it to read my SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC card and it daws a blank. Creates database but no files show up. Am I Doing something wrong?

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #101 of 175
Just got my unit tonight. No problem transferring files but getting it to read my SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC card and it daws a blank. Creates database but no files show up. Am I Doing something wrong?

Try creating a folder named Music and move all your songs into that. Player should be able to recognize the tracks then. If not, format and use MediaGo app to transfer all or just one song. MediaGo creates one folder named Music wherein you can store everything

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #102 of 175
Ive transferred quite a few hi res albums across to the units memory without issue but a couple have failed significantly.  David Bowie Who can i be now box set and The Smiths - Complete box set only the track names survived the creating database process the rest of the meta data being filed as unknown.  There is also missing art work.  I would say nearly all my music is stored in pretty much the same format.  Hi Res WAV files.Has anyone else experienced this issue or can explain why its happening?  thanks in advance for any advice. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #103 of 175
  Ive transferred quite a few hi res albums across to the units memory without issue but a couple have failed significantly.  David Bowie Who can i be now box set and The Smiths - Complete box set only the track names survived the creating database process the rest of the meta data being filed as unknown.  There is also missing art work.  I would say nearly all my music is stored in pretty much the same format.  Hi Res WAV files.Has anyone else experienced this issue or can explain why its happening?  thanks in advance for any advice. 

WAV files don't have an industry standard to support embedded metadata nor album art work.  

If you want to have metadata and album art while not losing quality, convert your wav files into a lossless format that supports embedding metadata and artwork such as FLAC or Apple Lossless.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #105 of 175
Where do you guys buy the balanced cable for Sony WM1A? Say, for SE846.
Anyone using the 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter instead? And how much worse off (discernable?) as compared to native ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back