Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions !
Dec 8, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #46 of 175
I'm also owning a Sony WM1Z since two weeks and I totally agree with Whitgir point of view.

In my opinion, the WM1Z is more that its only superb SQ. I also love its internal storage, its form factor, fat but not too tall, and it's very simple UI.

I only regret its quite sluggish OS in albums navigation.
Yes let us hope they can optimize UI speed with FW. Only other issue to me is weight. In my suit pocket, my jacket is clearly leaning to one side...

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #47 of 175
Slightly better after updating the firmware to 1.02

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #48 of 175
  Since in the other thread it's already buried really deep, I feel that I should re-post my translation of the interview of the WM1 team here for owners to read.

The original interview is found here:
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/special/flagship/manufacturer/

This time around I've finished the whole thing - so all 6 pages of the interview is here. Enjoy the reading which I think will make all owners appreciate the WM1 series a whole of more (than they already do, I would bet). 

this should be included in the 1st page/post

great reading and insight

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #49 of 175
Anyone got error code -60004 when trying to update the sw on the WM1A? 
I keep on getting that error message. I´ve downloaded the latest update from sony uk website, also tried downloading from the Portuguese website but i keep getting the same error message.
I´m using a Macbook.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #52 of 175
Wow usually don't listen loud but never less than 45-50. Your iems must be very sensitive or maybe you have incredible hearing.

I believe it is the combination of both 
wink_face.gif

The Earsonics EM32 are amazing and they work great on all the Dap´s i owned so far (Fiio X3 ii, Sony NW-ZX100, and now the WM1A).
Also i like to take good care of my ears.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #53 of 175
Anyone got error code -60004 when trying to update the sw on the WM1A? 
I keep on getting that error message. I´ve downloaded the latest update from sony uk website, also tried downloading from the Portuguese website but i keep getting the same error message.
I´m using a Macbook.

Someone mentioned the -60004 error code in the New Sony thread. It relates to the firmware update program not being supported by the latest MAC 10.12 OSX:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815841/new-sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a-flagship-hi-end-dap/5670#post_13090904

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 175
Someone mentioned the -60004 error code in the New Sony thread. It relates to the firmware update program not being supported by the latest MAC 10.12 OSX:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815841/new-sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a-flagship-hi-end-dap/5670#post_13090904

Thanks. Later on after i´d posted the error someone else on the WM1Z/A other thread also pointed that out. Meanwhile i updated the SW already using a Windows based PC

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #55 of 175
Didn't pay enough attention! I think that might actually have been you but still... least the information is on this thread now.

Anyhow, I've received my WM1Z and it is currently burning in, currently at 50hrs. Also a UK Capped version so going to see if I mind not being able to use my larger headphones with the unit. So far sound is much to my tastes with a warm, detailed but still resolute output. Width and depth are excellent with a huge landscape present in, excelling with grand orchestral work.

Tomorrow, when I have the opportunity, I'm going to draw up a table with a comparison of the volume output using the same track with the earphones/headphones I have to hand and compared to some of the DAPs I currently own.
Initial thoughts are the cap is limiting rather than crippling for me as I'm finding vol 100/120 plenty loud with JH Audio Laylas. I believe most of my other IEMs are easier to drive. Will try the some of my planar collection to see how it compares.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #56 of 175
The max volume i could go so far was 55 (i´m using Earsonics EM32), more than that and i would go deaf. During night i drop the volume to around 30/35.
As for the burn in it´s gonna take awhile until i reach the recommended 200h since i´m not gonna leave the player running 24/7.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #60 of 175
SONY items a lot made in Malaysia.
The MMCX Kimber Kable is crazily cheap there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back