SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 18, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #15,497 of 15,608
Just ordered a Fiio Bluetooth remote for my WM1ZM2.7753501.jpg
Am still using the remote for the WM1A/Z. Unfortunately this is really expensive now, even if you can find them on the Japanese shopfronts.
Heard from Sony staff that this has been discontinued.

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpeg
    IMG_1347.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #15,498 of 15,608
Am still using the remote for the WM1A/Z. Unfortunately this is really expensive now, even if you can find them on the Japanese shopfronts.
Heard from Sony staff that this has been discontinued.
The Sony remote is good for using while mobile, as it is small enough to be unobtrusive, and fit on a lanyard looped on your hand. The WM1A/Z (1st or 2nd gen) can be in a pocket, belt pouch. I used my WM1Z like this for a long time.

For use when at your desk, around the house, etc, the Fiio RM3 is more functional than the Sony remote. The RM3 has a wake function, so can turn the display on/off with the remote, adjust volume, next/previous track, etc. Even has a mouse function, which may be useful for some circumstances.

The RM3 is highly recommended.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #15,499 of 15,608
The Sony remote is good for using while mobile, as it is small enough to be unobtrusive, and fit on a lanyard looped on your hand. The WM1A/Z (1st or 2nd gen) can be in a pocket, belt pouch. I used my WM1Z like this for a long time.

For use when at your desk, around the house, etc, the Fiio RM3 is more functional than the Sony remote. The RM3 has a wake function, so can turn the display on/off with the remote, adjust volume, next/previous track, etc. Even has a mouse function, which may be useful for some circumstances.

The RM3 is highly recommended.
Now I want one of those Sony remotes. Not paying $150 used without the clips though. The FiiO would work better with my desk setup since it has a wake function though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Does anyone have a DAP stand they can recommend? I guess a phone one would work too.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #15,500 of 15,608
Hey guys in your opinion should I jump the gun and get this dap right now or wait some time for a newer variant of it ?
Sony WM1AM2 was launched on June 2022, assuming that Sony will only update every 5 years, next update might come up around 2027. Why not getting second hand while waiting for the M3 to come ? the price drop should help offsetting the price drops when the M3 launched, at the same time you can enjoy this awesome audio player.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #15,501 of 15,608
Sony WM1AM2 was launched on June 2022, assuming that Sony will only update every 5 years, next update might come up around 2027. Why not getting second hand while waiting for the M3 to come ? the price drop should help offsetting the price drops when the M3 launched, at the same time you can enjoy this awesome audio player.
The fact is there are still many owners of the the M1 Walkman who won’t even consider upgrading to this current M2 Walkman as they probably feel that their Walkman sounded better or maybe there something that they didn’t like about the current model.

If one intends on waiting for the next better model then might as well wait till WM1M4, WM1M5? It’s an endless cycle of waiting?

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #15,502 of 15,608
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #15,503 of 15,608
I love listening to this female singer on my Sony WM1ZM2! Sounds really good!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #15,504 of 15,608
I also like Chinese songs like this ... 😍

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #15,505 of 15,608
Now I want one of those Sony remotes. Not paying $150 used without the clips though. The FiiO would work better with my desk setup since it has a wake function though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Does anyone have a DAP stand they can recommend? I guess a phone one would work too.
Am currently using one of these wooden stands just because I like the look of it.

samdi-new-wooden-cell-phone-stand-or-cell-phone-holder-a-good-original-imafazz45hzkzfdv.jpeg

But in the past, I've used the sleek magnetic ones. There are about a gajillion variants out there at different prices.
Only drawback is you've got to stick on a metal plate (usually comes provided) on the back of your case. This worked well enough to hold up a WM1A. The magnet didn't interfere with the operation of the DAP... but I'm sure someone will jump in and "prove" that it will, so up to you.

product-image-326906619_large.jpeg

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #15,506 of 15,608
Am currently using one of these wooden stands just because I like the look of it.

samdi-new-wooden-cell-phone-stand-or-cell-phone-holder-a-good-original-imafazz45hzkzfdv.jpeg

But in the past, I've used the sleek magnetic ones. There are about a gajillion variants out there at different prices.
Only drawback is you've got to stick on a metal plate (usually comes provided) on the back of your case. This worked well enough to hold up a WM1A. The magnet didn't interfere with the operation of the DAP... but I'm sure someone will jump in and "prove" that it will, so up to you.

product-image-326906619_large.jpeg
The wood one is nice. Yeah I wouldn't use a magnetic one since I paid $$$$ for the thick copper housing that shields better, allegedly.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #15,507 of 15,608
The wood one is nice. Yeah I wouldn't use a magnetic one since I paid $$$$ for the thick copper housing that shields better, allegedly.
Yeahhh... that's not really how magnets work.

The magnet in the stand is strong enough to hold your hardware but the strength of the field drops off within a few mm from the surface. I don't think there's enough mf radiation to generate any current in a static object, even if it's copper.

The drawback about this wooden stand is you can't connect the USB-C to it to charge while vertical; there just isn't enough height clearance. Fits great horizontally, though; vertical, it's just a holder without charging.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #15,508 of 15,608
Yeahhh... that's not really how magnets work.

The magnet in the stand is strong enough to hold your hardware but the strength of the field drops off within a few mm from the surface. I don't think there's enough mf radiation to generate any current in a static object, even if it's copper.

The drawback about this wooden stand is you can't connect the USB-C to it to charge while vertical; there just isn't enough height clearance. Fits great horizontally, though; vertical, it's just a holder without charging.
I wasn't being serious in case that wasn't obvious enough.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #15,510 of 15,608

Users who are viewing this thread

Back