SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 28, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #13,966 of 15,721
While this video lacks power ripple quality tests, it has quite extensive results on charging efficiency of the power banks. Good reference for those considering powerbanks for their Walkman:

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #13,967 of 15,721
An update on Sonywalkmanuser optimization guide on turning off the sensor, it has to be enabled in the developer option -> quick setting developer tiles -> turn sensors off.
Recently I have updated A306 to android 13 and it has a bug off turning the sensors on again after every restart. And I was wondering the SQ of A306 to wf-xm5 has dropped, I started to have doubt perhaps LDAC is the same throughout all devices as many has said. Before turning off A306, I realized the sensors off tile is disabled after every restart. Turning sensors off again instantly improve the mid and background.

I try it on ZM2 to MDR too, the vocal instantly improved, not as drastic as A306, think due to A306 has poorer internal EMI isolation.

If you have tried the optimization guide, try this too, it was pm to me by Sonywalkmanuser a year ago. Thanks man.
On top of sensors off, I found that enabling battery saver does improve the sound abit, bass feels just a tad more impactful when not connected to charger. Not a major difference but it’s an improvement nonetheless.

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #13,968 of 15,721
I am quite enjoying the gold brick.

A very different sound from the AK that I was always accustomed to.

It did take a little while to get used to the "sony warmer sound" where as the AK daps specifically sp2000 and sp3000 were always more about precision and soundstage.

Both wonderful brands, and I do prefer the buttons for volume changing over the wheel.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #13,969 of 15,721
Hello guys, I have a question for @ Sonywalkmanuser and @ Whitigir. I also asked the question in the optimization guide. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with deleting Android or any apps. I tried 3 times to delete everything that sounded like phone settings. Unfortunately it didn't work. Had to do a factory reset 3 times because the player wouldn't boot up.
Now I'm thinking about deleting the Sony help app and the high sound quality app too. It could be that I'm wrong, but the Klangq Qualitaets app is only for information that you should burn in the player for 200 hours. Or does it have any functions? I don't feel like doing everything the fourth time. Thank you in advance for your information

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #13,970 of 15,721
Just bought an used 1AM2 from amazon.jp, what to do with my 1A OG?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #13,971 of 15,721
Just bought an used 1AM2 from amazon.jp, what to do with my 1A OG?
up to you. Either keep it or sell it. you may need a backup dap when being outside etc.?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #13,972 of 15,721
I am quite enjoying the gold brick.

A very different sound from the AK that I was always accustomed to.

It did take a little while to get used to the "sony warmer sound" where as the AK daps specifically sp2000 and sp3000 were always more about precision and soundstage.

Both wonderful brands, and I do prefer the buttons for volume changing over the wheel.
What are you pairing it with?

How'd you compare bass in sp3000 vs 1zm2 ( in case you have both 👌)

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #13,974 of 15,721
What are you pairing it with?

How'd you compare bass in sp3000 vs 1zm2 ( in case you have both 👌)
Bass is more defined in the sony I felt.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #13,980 of 15,721
I had the 1zm2 and now i have the sp3000, bass in sony has a little more mid bass, but sp3000 is more defined
What made you go from sony to AK? I went the other way from AK to Sony haha.

I was a lifelong AK user and just wanted something different to mix it up.

AK had more sound stage, sony mids were more my liking, I enjoyed both almost equally. The deal breaker for me is during travel and putting AK in pocket...no lock.

In the AK thread many requests asked for them to implement it but nope. Hence they lost a customer/fan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back