SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Oct 2, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #6,466 of 15,519
I'm having the same issue, did you solve it?
Yes, same issue here. A bit annoying. Factory reset an the like made no difference. Guess we have to wait for an f/w update.

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #6,467 of 15,519
Yes, same issue here. A bit annoying. Factory reset an the like made no difference. Guess we have to wait for an f/w update.
Not sure if only a few have this problem or all. Don't really see many ppl post this issue. :confused:

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #6,468 of 15,519
I actually find a way and it works well so far. Just turn off lock screen under Security.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #6,471 of 15,519
YMMV but I debated this for a few months and went with the Z1R
> For me, the bass quality, soundstage presentation and layering of the Z1R is just top-tier with the right source
> Z1R fit and weight is not an issue for me despite initially being a huge concern
> I always achieve a great seal unlike with the stock tips on IE900. I recalled at different demos that I had wildly different impressions depending on the eartip size, depth of insertion etc
> I love the Z1R look and the cables as well - they look more premium and softer than the IE900

You can always search on IE900 and Z1R threads for more as this has been discussed a lot.
Yes, I love the Z1R pair with my DMP, to me this is the best combo but I was thinking about the IE900 for on the go to replace my Shure SE816.

Oct 4, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #6,473 of 15,519
Hi all
What is the overall consensus on the new NW-WM1ZM2 as I can't seem to find many reviews for it or comparing it with the competition.

Many thanks
Not value for money and no way worth 3x the price of the WM1AM2.

If money no object, happy with nearly 1/2kg weight or absolutley must have gold plated copper for bragging rights then go Z.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #6,474 of 15,519
Hi all
What is the overall consensus on the new NW-WM1ZM2 as I can't seem to find many reviews for it or comparing it with the competition.

Many thanks
As advised in the other thread, I'd go and have a listen. :) If for your use case and IEMs, the differential in SQ is not sufficient to justify the price differential, then perhaps the 1AM2 is for you. But nothing like listening for yourself. :wink:

Oct 5, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #6,475 of 15,519
As advised in the other thread, I'd go and have a listen. :) If for your use case and IEMs, the differential in SQ is not sufficient to justify the price differential, then perhaps the 1AM2 is for you. But nothing like listening for yourself. :wink:
Thanks for that, but listening to it myself doesn't give me the opinion or consensus of others, which is what I've asked however...

Ps: isn't the whole point of the forum for discussion?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #6,476 of 15,519
Thanks for that, but listening to it myself doesn't give me the opinion or consensus of others, which is what I've asked however...

Ps: isn't the whole point of the forum for discussion?
The only thing that matters is how you hear it, be it a DAP or IEM or anything else, regardless of what others think. Sure it's fun to discuss the merits or demerits of different gear, but ultimately how someone else hears something means absolutely nothing to how you'll hear it.

Same goes for cost/value. Some people earn the cost of a WM1ZM2 in a day, so to them it's easily affordable. Others can't afford it even with a payment plan, so to them it's excessively expensive. Ultimately your ears and your pocket decide what sounds best and what's affordable.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #6,477 of 15,519
The only thing that matters is how you hear it, be it a DAP or IEM or anything else, regardless of what others think. Sure it's fun to discuss the merits or demerits of different gear, but ultimately how someone else hears something means absolutely nothing to how you'll hear it.

Same goes for cost/value. Some people earn the cost of a WM1ZM2 in a day, so to them it's easily affordable. Others can't afford it even with a payment plan, so to them it's excessively expensive. Ultimately your ears and your pocket decide what sounds best and what's affordable.

I completely agree but may I ask what you seek from the forum if you don't seek discussion, opinion or help?
Because what your saying is that reviews or opinions are worthless. I agree, that we all have our own ears and how we perceive things.
I haven't said that I don't own the product already and others but you are making assumptions.
I still ask my original question

What is the consensus of the NW-WM1ZM2 against the latest (comparable) competition.

Oct 5, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #6,478 of 15,519
has anyone compared Sennheiser IE900 to the Sony IER-Z1R? I really liked the IER-Z1R but the fit is not ideal for me for long listen sessions.
If you don't like the fit of the Z1R, the only thing that comes close to its sound, but is much more comfortable, its the IER-M9.

But even they are different. The IER-Z1R is unique, nothing that exists sounds similar to it.

So if you tried all kind of tips and everything and its still not comfortable to you, you can't do nothing about it.

But most people could fix the fitting issue with some tip rolling, different insertion methods or just by getting slowly used to it.

I could not fit the IER-Z1R at all in the beginning but now i don't have any issues.

Oct 5, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #6,479 of 15,519
I completely agree but may I ask what you seek from the forum if you don't seek discussion, opinion or help?
Because what your saying is that reviews or opinions are worthless. I agree, that we all have our own ears and how we perceive things.
I haven't said that I don't own the product already and others but you are making assumptions.
I still ask my original question

What is the consensus of the NW-WM1ZM2 against the latest (comparable) competition.
If you like the sound of digital amps, there is no alternative, its the best.

If you like the Sound of analog amps, you won't like it as it doesn't sound like that.

Digital Amps are closer to the actual sound and how it is supposed to sound, in addition Sony uses its self developed capacitors solely tuned for sound. But that is not an simple answer.

60fps and high end lenses are closer to real life, and still cinema movies mostly use 24fps and smoother/unsharp lenses to create that specific cinematic look.

So if you want to get as close to the original recording as absolutely possible, there is no way around an full digital amp. If you will like that sound is something that only you can answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back