SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 29, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #6,451 of 15,612
Only one color?
This stereo cassette player edition commemorates the former Walkman (TPL-2?) released in 1979. The case thus resembles the cassette player design. That is why there is only one colour in this edition.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #6,452 of 15,612
has anyone compared Sennheiser IE900 to the Sony IER-Z1R? I really liked the IER-Z1R but the fit is not ideal for me for long listen sessions.
Thought about the IER-M9? Sounds great and super comfy, though 5BA.

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #6,453 of 15,612
I had both. They are different but for me the comfort of IE900 can not be matched. Soundwise both are high end pairs of IEMs worth the investment.
I recommend also looking at offers for IEMs with custom fit. I had the opportunity to test a model available with standard and custom fit. Besides the really good fit reaching your ear canal the overall audio quality I experienced was noticeably superior with the custom fit. I tried different rubber plug sizes with the standard fit but in the end I easily went for the custom fit. For sure, it's not simply try-and-buy but I think the effort is definitely worth it 👍🏼

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #6,454 of 15,612
I had both. They are different but for me the comfort of IE900 can not be matched. Soundwise both are high end pairs of IEMs worth the investment.
one has to mention that ie ie900 goes very deep into the ear. and if it fits right, you will hear an amazing bass.

the ie900 is so flat one can almost sleep with it, laying the ears on the pillow without getting disturbed.

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #6,455 of 15,612
one has to mention that ie ie900 goes very deep into the ear. and if it fits right, you will hear an amazing bass.

the ie900 is so flat one can almost sleep with it, laying the ears on the pillow without getting disturbed.
I can do that with my Fiio FD7's. Personal I think thats an excellent single dynamic driver IEM.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #6,456 of 15,612
I recommend also looking at offers for IEMs with custom fit. I had the opportunity to test a model available with standard and custom fit. Besides the really good fit reaching your ear canal the overall audio quality I experienced was noticeably superior with the custom fit. I tried different rubber plug sizes with the standard fit but in the end I easily went for the custom fit. For sure, it's not simply try-and-buy but I think the effort is definitely worth it 👍🏼
I completely agree. I had custom qdc anole and Layla aion made and they are so far superior to anything else I have experienced I can’t describe it. I firmly believe a custom mediocre iem will outperform a flagship standard iem any day, particularly if you have unusual ear sizes!

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #6,457 of 15,612
I completely agree. I had custom qdc anole and Layla aion made and they are so far superior to anything else I have experienced I can’t describe it. I firmly believe a custom mediocre iem will outperform a flagship standard iem any day, particularly if you have unusual ear sizes!
My challenge with customs is that they really need to fit well. I currently have some discomfort witt a pair of Fibae 7u, probably will need to get them refitted.
Also you cannot easely resell them.

Oct 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #6,458 of 15,612
My challenge with customs is that they really need to fit well. I currently have some discomfort witt a pair of Fibae 7u, probably will need to get them refitted.
Also you cannot easely resell them.
Indeed, you have to look for the process. Re-fitting is possible with most of the manufacturers or dealers, within limits.
Reselling is more or less impossible. Sometimes, manufacturers offer special price for new purchase when sending in used device.

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #6,459 of 15,612
Anyone experiences this problem?

I migrate the MicroSD card that I used with AK. Songs and playlists in the card can be played and showed normally. However I cannot add a new song in the existing playlists. Once I try, the playlist name is greyed out.

However, I can add songs in the playlists created by the player.

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #6,460 of 15,612
Anyone experiences this problem?

I migrate the MicroSD card that I used with AK. Songs and playlists in the card can be played and showed normally. However I cannot add a new song in the existing playlists. Once I try, the playlist name is greyed out.

However, I can add songs in the playlists created by the player.
Your card needs to have a MUSIC folder. Put all your music in there, otherwise Walkman won't see it.

Oct 2, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #6,462 of 15,612
has anyone compared Sennheiser IE900 to the Sony IER-Z1R? I really liked the IER-Z1R but the fit is not ideal for me for long listen sessions.
YMMV but I debated this for a few months and went with the Z1R
> For me, the bass quality, soundstage presentation and layering of the Z1R is just top-tier with the right source
> Z1R fit and weight is not an issue for me despite initially being a huge concern
> I always achieve a great seal unlike with the stock tips on IE900. I recalled at different demos that I had wildly different impressions depending on the eartip size, depth of insertion etc
> I love the Z1R look and the cables as well - they look more premium and softer than the IE900

You can always search on IE900 and Z1R threads for more as this has been discussed a lot.

Oct 2, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #6,463 of 15,612
IE900 is really excellent. If Z1R fit is an issue, I'd recommend IE900 as an alternative. No, it's not as good as Z1R sonically, but it gets close enough with much better comfort for some. For the same money, if you don't mind getting customs, CFA Supermoon is significantly better than IE900 and very complementary to Z1R if you already own one.

Oct 2, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #6,464 of 15,612
My M2 definitely has issues returning from black screen. Sometimes pressing the power button simply doesn't bring the screen back. Sometimes it takes three tries. And sure, sometimes screen comes back at first press.
Device hasn't turned off by it self. Only screensaver.
I'm having the same issue, did you solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back