SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 7, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #932 of 15,795
Mar 7, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #933 of 15,795
Mar 7, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #934 of 15,795
USA major usually one of the last place to have them listed unless if it's from a third party reseller...

If anyone has links to cases for WM1AM2 thats in USA, please link

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #935 of 15,795
USA major usually one of the last place to have them listed unless if it's from a third party reseller...

If anyone has links to cases for WM1AM2 thats in USA, please link
Woo Audio has them listed.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #938 of 15,795
Well I voted with my feet - by ordering a DX240 which arrived a few days ago and sounds incredible.

Still I remain curious about the WM1AM2 and look forward to demoing one eventually. It's unfortunate that pricing & output power are noncompetitive with the competition.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #939 of 15,795
the more I think about the NW-WM1AM2 the more I realize that it is an amazing DAP. From images, it looks like they took everything they learned making the DMP-Z1 and applied it to the NW-WM1AM2
How exactly is that? Two entirely different topologies here. One is an S-Master (class D) while another is an integrated headphone amp chips mated with very clean power supply, exotic parts, and the very best analog volume control in an audio industry. The only two things they seem to have in common is a Kimber cable, and solder containing gold.

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #940 of 15,795
the more I think about the NW-WM1AM2 the more I realize that it is an amazing DAP. From images, it looks like they took everything they learned making the DMP-Z1 and applied it to the NW-WM1AM2
How exactly is that? Two entirely different topologies here. One is an S-Master (class D) while another is an integrated headphone amp chips mated with very clean power supply, exotic parts, and the very best analog volume control in an audio industry. The only two things they seem to have in common is a Kimber cable, and solder containing gold.
@chewyR is right, according to Sony. Please take a look at this interview: https://www.sony.jp/feature/products/220209/?s_pid=jp_/walkman/_wmsptop

Many internal design elements of the M2, like the development of the FTCAP3, the usage of a "winded coil in the electrical circuit" and the usage of OFC for the cable connecting the battery to the motherboard.

The upgrade from a thin to a thicker kimber kable, as you have noted, is also inspired from the DMP-Z1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back