SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #6,376 of 15,608
The Hi-Res Audio badge below the screen is new. Is it a sticker?

You get tonnes of these stickers shipped with your package when you order cases or sometimes screen protectors from China on eBay or Etsy etc.

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #6,378 of 15,608
Roon ARC up and running. This is DSD from my collection. I’m not sure how to ensure what quality is actually streaming though
7EDF6BF9-A5B1-4BA5-BE72-2DC10FD69F9F.jpeg7EDF6BF9-A5B1-4BA5-BE72-2DC10FD69F9F.jpeg
I'd like to know this too. The previous Roon app did not support any hi-res or DSD playback on Android. It all for sampled down to 44.1 or 48. If ARC supports true hi-res streaming I'll consider buying Roon.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #6,379 of 15,608
Roon ARC up and running. This is DSD from my collection. I’m not sure how to ensure what quality is actually streaming though
7EDF6BF9-A5B1-4BA5-BE72-2DC10FD69F9F.jpeg7EDF6BF9-A5B1-4BA5-BE72-2DC10FD69F9F.jpeg
Just click on the top right hand corner where it says “high quality”. It will show you the processes. And what quality is streaming. :)

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #6,380 of 15,608
Strange… I see this option in respect of how to deal with DSD on the iPhone. But I do not see this option in the Sony M2…

7D77D6E9-AD0C-4436-92EE-AF3D494818FF.jpeg

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #6,381 of 15,608
Before delivery of my NW-WM1AM2, I would like to buy a black smartphone stand / holder on Amazon (not AliExpress).
From the specs I understand the maximum thickness of the device is 20,8 mm. However, the thickness appears to be slimmer at the bottom of the unit.
Can someone do me a favor and measure the thickness at the bottom ?
Thx.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #6,383 of 15,608
Hey guys, does anyone know why there is such difference between Europe and south America nw-wm1am2 prices? Here in Peru I buy my nw-wm1am2 at 2499 soles which is roughly 640$.
Same happened to me with the previous version (wm1a). Im in Colombia, and back then, it costed like USD$500 directly from Sony Store Colombia. I guess Sony adjusts prices based on market demand and wealth. Lucky us, uh? :L3000:

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #6,387 of 15,608
Hi folks, anyone is using your WM1AM2 with headphones?

Considering to buy a closed back to use with my 1AM2. Not sure if I should ask in the headphones forum instead, but I think opinions from owners of 1AM2 would be more valuable.

I own a Focal Elear already, but the sound is not great and I doubt if it would be quite hard for 1AM2 to drive it. Now considering the following which seems easier to drive:

Massdrop X Beyerdynamic DT 177X Go / Drop + Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X
The problem with them is that I cannot do any audition so could only base on other's comments. Cable with 4.4mm plug is also a problem, the official cable from DCA is too expensive given the price of the headphone itself. And it seems DT 177X is the only headphone by Beyerdynamic using 4-pin mini XLR so there is no cable available from Beyerdynamic. There are aftermarket cables from various brands (I choose not to post them here as it is not my intention to "advertise" them), but the shipping from UK/US to my place is simply ridiculous comparing to the cables itself, and most of them only offer OCC copper while I personally like silver more. DIY would be the last resort, but both uses some odd connecters which is hard to grab. (DCA does sell ones on their website, but again postage is a problem for me)

Focal Celestee / Radience
Demo units are available in local stores so I could give them a try before I buy, but the price is really a problem (more than twice as expansive as DT177X/Aeon Closed X). Not really worth as I think I would use headphones for only a few hours per week. On the other hand the cable is easy to find/build as they use 3.5mm mono connectors as I know (I have built a few cables for my Elear already, I think they should work with Celestee/Radience as well).

Any comment is welcome, or other suggestions on closed models?
(budget is around $1000 USD)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #6,388 of 15,608

Considering to buy a closed back to use with my 1AM2. Not sure if I should ask in the headphones forum instead, but I think opinions from owners of 1AM2 would be more valuable.

I own a Focal Elear already, but the sound is not great and I doubt if it would be quite hard for 1AM2 to drive it. Now considering the following which seems easier to drive:

The problem with them is that I cannot do any audition so could only base on other's comments. Cable with 4.4mm plug is also a problem, the official cable from DCA is too expensive given the price of the headphone itself. And it seems DT 177X is the only headphone by Beyerdynamic using 4-pin mini XLR so there is no cable available from Beyerdynamic. There are aftermarket cables from various brands (I choose not to post them here as it is not my intention to "advertise" them), but the shipping from UK/US to my place is simply ridiculous comparing to the cables itself, and most of them only offer OCC copper while I personally like silver more. DIY would be the last resort, but both uses some odd connecters which is hard to grab. (DCA does sell ones on their website, but again postage is a problem for me)

Demo units are available in local stores so I could give them a try before I buy, but the price is really a problem (more than twice as expansive as DT177X/Aeon Closed X). Not really worth as I think I would use headphones for only a few hours per week. On the other hand the cable is easy to find/build as they use 3.5mm mono connectors as I know (I have built a few cables for my Elear already, I think they should work with Celestee/Radience as well).

perhaps either the MDR-Z1R or the ES-R10. Both are easy to drive.

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #6,389 of 15,608
perhaps either the MDR-Z1R or the ES-R10. Both are easy to drive.
Thanks, but they are out of my budget :sweat:

And I had tried the MDR-Z1R in the past (with a DMP-Z1) in a Sony Store, the isolation is not good enough from my point of view.

Sep 22, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #6,390 of 15,608

(budget is around $1000 USD)
Hi there.
May I suggest AK T5p .
I picked a pair up for a friend a month or so ago for £340.00
Absolutely stunning build quality and in first class condition.
Easy to drive even off a phone dongle.
They’re based on Beyer T5p 2nd generation.
Don’t know what the difference is between them apart from colour and the AK being limited 1000 made.
Beyer T5p 2nd gen go for .£250+.
Cable wise look at Sky audio cables around £80 mark he also does silver cable’s.

The AK comes with a hybrid cable of copper/silver plated copper and pure silver.
2.5 balanced with a 3.5mm adapter cable.
Easy to drive and very good isolation.

Might worth a look?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0