SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 16, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #6,346 of 15,606
I do not see any further updates from what I already have - v1.02.01 (1AM2)

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #6,347 of 15,606
Community service announcement: New Firmware is out.
? Which version are you talking about? If it's 1.02.01, has been out for a while now.

Sep 16, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #6,349 of 15,606
Maybe, maybe. I just find it weird that even the usual audio related sites don't review it even after months after its release. 🤔

But still, I'm asking mine to be purchased overseas 😅

Yikes, also sold out! Guess I would just wait till end of October (or look for another DAP instead) 😒

EDIT:

But wait! Last minute I was able to source for one!!!! :) So happy!!! :)

IMG-20220917-WA0000.jpg

Now to get me some screen protector and case. :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #6,350 of 15,606

Yeah, you're right. Still, I was somewhat surprised by the lack of reviews in English as I remember prior Sony DAP (ZX1, WM1A, WM1Z) did get quite a few reviews right out of the gate.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #6,351 of 15,606
Thanks for all your input guys! 👍🏻

Don't have the patience to read subtitles 🤪
Do you know how to read Cantonese / Mandarin (as I saw you are in Singapore, so I thought there is some chance that you are a Chinese)? There are also some review from Hong Kon / mainland China I think.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #6,353 of 15,606
Yeah, you're right. Still, I was somewhat surprised by the lack of reviews in English as I remember prior Sony DAP (ZX1, WM1A, WM1Z) did get quite a few reviews right out of the gate.

Because back then Sony US/EU used to care about promotion of high end audio gear, but now they switched to TWS and wireless headphones as their bread and butter of audio sales, quite understandable. I got my review sample of WM1ZM2 from Sony US by request of Sony Japan so I can start featuring it in my reviews as part of comparison with other daps and pair up with other iems. And I have been doing that for the last 3+ months, featuring it in all of my reviews on top of answering dozens of questions every week. Still need to write a full review, and the only reason I set it aside because 1ZM2 wasn't even available for sale in US (and still isn't?) so I shifted my focus on other reviews in queue.

Sep 17, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #6,354 of 15,606
Because back then Sony US/EU used to care about promotion of high end audio gear, but now they switched to TWS and wireless headphones as their bread and butter of audio sales, quite understandable. I got my review sample of WM1ZM2 from Sony US by request of Sony Japan so I can start featuring it in my reviews as part of comparison with other daps and pair up with other iems. And I have been doing that for the last 3+ months, featuring it in all of my reviews on top of answering dozens of questions every week. Still need to write a full review, and the only reason I set it aside because 1ZM2 wasn't even available for sale in US (and still isn't?) so I shifted my focus on other reviews in queue.
Look forward to your review, Alex. :)

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #6,356 of 15,606
Maybe Already Sold Available October 7 Wm1ZM2
They did not reply to my emails
I would have bought the WM1ZM2 from them if they would have sold it to me but no reply
https://fillion.ca/products/sony-walkman-wm1zm2-baladeurs-haute-resolution
Their AM2 said Sept 2, then switched to 're-stocking in progress'. No idea if any preorders have come through. It'd be neat to know how many have shipped to Canada/worldwide. My serial number is all zeros except the first and last digit (from thesonyshop.ca)

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #6,357 of 15,606
Would love to see you do 1ZM2 vs. SP3000 vs. N8ii!

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #6,358 of 15,606
For those that use Amazon Music, have you noticed the app now shows correct bitrate even if Hi-Res streaming turned off in the Walkman Sound Settings?

I'm sure it showed only 44 or 48 before whereas I'm currently playing a range of 'Ultra' HD tracks of varying bitrate and showing as correct all way upto 24/192 and those that are say 24/96 show as 24/96 and 24/44.1 etc.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #6,359 of 15,606
For those that use Amazon Music, have you noticed the app now shows correct bitrate even if Hi-Res streaming turned off in the Walkman Sound Settings?

I'm sure it showed only 44 or 48 before whereas I'm currently playing a range of 'Ultra' HD tracks of varying bitrate and showing as correct all way upto 24/192 and those that are say 24/96 show as 24/96 and 24/44.1 etc.
Ninja bit perfect streaming???

Sep 18, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #6,360 of 15,606
Ninja bit perfect streaming???
Or, App has been updated to make use of the Red path like the Walkman App and UAPP ?
Or, it's showing wrong even though with Sony set to "Hi-Res Streaming off" Amazon should only see the DAC as 48Hz capable if using Blue Android Audio route?

1663498928654.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back