SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 16, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2,537 of 15,988

360 Sony music audio.

I can’t tolerate small screen with YouTube. So I desire an IPad or a laptop. I do this often with my IPad

You will need a good cables to use it with audiophile quality though. This 360 audio is available with YouTube and all DAP, the better the DAP, the better the experiences

71A09505-4749-4B42-B274-EF5BD8F5B1DB.jpegBC44E8E8-6544-485A-8051-2894B6E14148.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #2,542 of 15,988

360 Sony music audio.

I can’t tolerate small screen with YouTube. So I desire an IPad or a laptop. I do this often with my IPad

You will need a good cables to use it with audiophile quality though. This 360 audio is available with YouTube and all DAP, the better the DAP, the better the experiences

71A09505-4749-4B42-B274-EF5BD8F5B1DB.jpegBC44E8E8-6544-485A-8051-2894B6E14148.jpeg

The ones on YouTube are just video files that has been already binaurally decoded/processed to sound like virtual surround on any stereo headphone playback systems.

No doubt the more accurate the dap and headphone does with soundstage and imaging, the better the 3D spatial sound experience will be.

The Sony 360RA standard will allow for more customised binaural processing based on the shape of ears, which provides for a more accurate sound positioning for 3D music objects.

In my opinion, The new Sony M2 Walkman really does an amazing job at presenting a realistic sound imaging that makes you believe that you are right there at the location of the recording, listening live.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #2,546 of 15,988
Indeed the MDR-1AM2 is so underrated it is a very nice headphone i love mine ...For some reason i can seem to find the page on amazon japan for the preorder of the sony WM1AM2 can anyone link it
My opinion is that the MDR-1AM2 can be quite unforgiving in it's sound presentation, It has a much more aggressive bass and treble energy(might be due to it's easy to drive sensitivity), which can reveal flaws in your music and playback system more easily than compared to the more controlled MDR-Z7M2 and MDR-Z1R.

MDR-1AM2 + WM1AM2 really sounds great with Guns & Roses.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #2,548 of 15,988
https://www.sony.jp/owner-review/reviews-ratings/

new3 ・7 days ago

Purchased model WM1AM2 (black)

The sound quality difference from 1ZM2 is slightly different from the first generation.
I booked this machine and 1ZM2 early and have already finished aging.
First of all, the sound quality of the first generation 1A and this machine, but the trend is very different. The first generation was characterized by a sharp sound that combines punching power and a sense of speed. This machine is extremely close to the sound trend of 1ZM2 and features pure audio-like and smooth sound.
However, it is not a "simple evolution from the first generation" flow, but it has changed to a high-resolution and gentle sound like a stationary high-end AMP.

Although the sound quality of 1ZM2 and this machine are different, 1ZM2 has a slightly warmer feeling and has a more detailed sound. However, it can be said that there is almost no clear difference. Although there is a similar sound, the price difference between this machine and 1ZM2 is about 250,000, but the value standard is different for each person. All I can say is that the sound quality performance and cost performance of "1AM2" are particularly wonderful. ( Comparison of two models)

I summarized the comparison and conclusions of the signature series from the viewpoint of sound quality below.

・The sound quality trend of the two models of M2 is similar. Therefore, 1AM2 is enough satisfactory sound quality.
・The two models of the new M2 are very pure audio, have high resolution, smooth, and monitoric beautiful sound.
・The reality is that the tendency of sound is different from the first generation, and it is not possible to compare superiority. If you like the sound of the first generation, you can use it properly. .
・If it's a subscription main, you can switch to the new M2, and the battery is quite enhanced.

This machine will definitely give a high sense of satisfaction for subscribers and sound quality-oriented people, without comparing it with the first generation. There is no doubt that it is a DAP that SONY can be proud of in the world.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #2,549 of 15,988
Apr 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #2,550 of 15,988
50hours of aging on the wm1am2, progress update:

Soundstage background has become more quiet than before, no more strange hollowness in the soundstage.
Dynamics seems stronger than before
Treble has become even more silky smooth (when the amp is not under strain)

There’s still some vocal roughness and stringent sounding treble when the music gets loud.

Utada Hikaru’s Wait and See when listened at louder volumes does put quite a significant power strain on the Walkman’s amplifier and will reveal distortion/treble issues on the Walkman with incomplete capacitor aging

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back