SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 5, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #1,816 of 15,612
Hey I am from the nanny state that bans chewing gum and charges you exorbitant taxes for smoking, drinking, ownership of cars and usage of roads, including carbon tax. It’s ranked as the most expensive place to live in the world for a reason. And oh, it’s also a camera surveillance police state with strict rules on gathering and protesting. And not to mention there’s no worker’s unions outside of the pseudo-quasi Government one.

You are dealt the card when you are born, so deal with it and quit complaining because life and the laws ain’t going to change for you.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #1,817 of 15,612
Greetings Butties

I was wondering if any kind soul can make a comment on

Whether buying one from the Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Whether buying one from the Sony Singapore Store

Which Model is the More Superior One Hardware Wise ?

Should I buy one from Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Should I buy one from Sony Singapore Store

Are there any hardware differences between these two sites for buying this DAP ?

Thank you very much for your time, help and patience

Kind Regards as Always Sir
There should be no hardware differences regardless of where you buy from, only difference should be devices sold in Europe will implement the EU volume cap in software and there don't seem to be any way to circumvent that asthere were with the original WM1 players

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #1,818 of 15,612
Hey I am from the nanny state that bans chewing gum and charges you exorbitant taxes for smoking, drinking, ownership of cars and usage of roads, including carbon tax. It’s ranked as the most expensive place to live in the world for a reason. And oh, it’s also a camera surveillance police state with strict rules on gathering and protesting. And not to mention there’s no worker’s unions outside of the pseudo-quasi Government one.

You are dealt the card when you are born, so deal with it and quit complaining because life and the laws ain’t going to change for you.

We do what we're told, told to do. Milgram's 37.

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #1,819 of 15,612

but you have effect audio and their pricey cables

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #1,820 of 15,612
Here’s an excellent article for those who have difficulty in describing what they are hearing, it explains visually what is layering and separation:
separation-layering.png

https://iegems.nk-tran.com/methodology

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #1,821 of 15,612
Exactly my thoughts. Either leverage friends and family or find some sort of third party shipping service to get it from HK, TW or even Singapore.
^^ I would like to echo this. I have seen people from Singapore go to other countries to buy gears (before the pandemic, my friends often have trips to Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan or Malaysia to get camera, audio gears, etc., Sony stuff included, at better price). Literally you only need to walk cross the border to Malaysia and get like 20-30% cheaper price.

The funny thing is there are also friends from those regions who come to Singapore to buy the same things. I talked to some and they shared that if they buy in Singapore they don't have to worry about fake products, or vendors refuse to honor the warranty (very few sellers are silly enough with the law in Singapore), and convenient tax refund policy. It is also not too difficult to send the devices over to Singapore for servicing as here is a regional hub with lot of traffic.

So if your priority is not to get the lowest possible price on Earth buying the new walkmans from Singapore can also be a good option :)

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #1,822 of 15,612
Just to note that buying from Singapore is still on a pre-order waiting list at this point in time.
My preorder done in March is only slated to arrive end of April. If you pre-order with Sony Singapore now, it is likely the arrival date is dragged further into Q2 2022.

So please bear in mind, as we are now in the times where production of electronics and semiconductors is still facing issues and given the ongoing war, it could affect raw materials and will likely drive up prices.

If you want it fast, your best bet is to go via the Amazon.jp route but I am not sure about the warranty returns for that.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,823 of 15,612
Greetings Butties

I was wondering if any kind soul can make a comment on

Whether buying one from the Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Whether buying one from the Sony Singapore Store

Which Model is the More Superior One Hardware Wise ?

Should I buy one from Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Should I buy one from Sony Singapore Store

Are there any hardware differences between these two sites for buying this Sony DAP ?

And can some kind soul please kindly provide the URL Link to the Amazon.jp site for both these Sony DAP's

Thank you very much for your time, help and patience

Kind Regards as Always Sir
the Amazon.co.jp site: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=sony+walkman+nw-wm1am2&crid=3ER85RBZRNFXB&sprefix=sony+wlakman+nw-wm,aps,787&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_18 NW-WM1AM2 and
https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=sony+w...an+nw-wm1z,aps,470&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_20 NW-WM1ZM2

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #1,825 of 15,612
Just to note that buying from Singapore is still on a pre-order waiting list at this point in time.
My preorder done in March is only slated to arrive end of April. If you pre-order with Sony Singapore now, it is likely the arrival date is dragged further into Q2 2022.

So please bear in mind, as we are now in the times where production of electronics and semiconductors is still facing issues and given the ongoing war, it could affect raw materials and will likely drive up prices.

If you want it fast, your best bet is to go via the Amazon.jp route but I am not sure about the warranty returns for that.
this is the same situation for Malaysia.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #1,827 of 15,612
ConnectIT Singapure seems to have both
Sonys in stock .
Does anyone have good or bad experience with this dealer ? 🤔
They are a good dealer. I am not saying that because I am Singaporean, I am saying that based on the fact that I have made purchases from them and have also brought friends to make purchases from there.

Always remember, an acid test to whether or not a business gives a damn about its customers is to simply drop them an email asking them a question. No matter how trivial, if you as a customer are important to them, they will reply you in a reasonable time.

I am sure you will find ConnectIT more than polite and friendly :)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #1,828 of 15,612
this is the same situation for Malaysia.

Ever since Yoshida took over, all of us South East Asian users are constantly getting shafted.

Want the new Xperia? Please wait 3 months.
Want to repair a Sony product? Please wait 6-8 weeks or even 12-15 weeks. They even put it in weeks so that they pretend its not long.
Want a good deal on Sony products? Best I can do is tell you not to buy from the grey market.

My list of gripes can go on forever but I know I will still buy a Sony at the end of the day.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #1,829 of 15,612
but you have effect audio and their pricey cables
Don't even get me started about Singaporean companies and their love for making cables. I won't name names but suffice to say that I think that there are too many and its too expensive.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #1,830 of 15,612
Speaking to all the Japanese audiophile I know (5 to be exact), they all have nothing but love for the new Walkman line.
Four out of five bought they more expensive with two out of 5 buying both.
They all agree the margin between the two days are small, with a1m2 sounding faster and less warm.
I asked them all if they are have performed blind test, all said no and said it's might be a hard one to pass.

All and all excited to hear it for myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back