SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,801 of 15,612
https://mobile.twitter.com/particleofsound/status/1511244550702247936

A mischievous heart appears, and #WM1AM2 and #FiiO BTR5 are connected by LDAC. There is. The dimension of sound output is completely different from that of smartphones. I thought the BTR5 was a very good Bluetooth receiver, but the combination with the WM1AM2 ensures invincible Bluetooth sound quality. This fineness of texture cannot be obtained from a smartphone.

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,802 of 15,612
I am blaming Sony because is the only brand that fallows that stupid and descrimatory rule, there are other ways to prevent and to take care of EU people's ears, an on and off EU limiting for example, I think that would be a solution,them who bought a 3700 euros device could choose, why others don't cap theyr devices? Because Sony sales are higher? In Europe? With a 3700 euros dap capped to 1mw?i dont believe that, do you? So I blame Sony because Sony sales a extremely expensive device that capped is crap, I had I capped 1z and them appeared the chance to uncapp it and the dynamic the transparency is very diferent, is not just more power, is not fair, at this price is not admissible

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #1,803 of 15,612
I am blaming Sony because is the only brand that fallows that stupid and descrimatory rule, there are other ways to prevent and to take care of EU people's ears, an on and off EU limiting for example, I think that would be a solution,them who bought a 3700 euros device could choose, why others don't cap theyr devices? Because Sony sales are higher? In Europe? With a 3700 euros dap capped to 1mw?i dont believe that, do you? So I blame Sony because Sony sales a extremely expensive device that capped is crap, I had I capped 1z and them appeared the chance to uncapp it and the dynamic the transparency is very diferent, is not fair, at this price is not admissible
Sony is required by law to cap its music players. Manufacturers that don't do the same are breaking the law, plain and simple. Also, it's a global market, no one is forcing you buy from the EU. When you're spending this much on a DAP, spending a bit extra to import it should be easy. In fact, you'll probably get it in cheaper from overseas.

Apr 5, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #1,806 of 15,612
Sony is required by law to cap its music players. Manufacturers that don't do the same are breaking the law, plain and simple. Also, it's a global market, no one is forcing you buy from the EU. When you're spending this much on a DAP, spending a bit extra to import it should be easy. In fact, you'll probably get it in cheaper from overseas.
With this you assume that because I am living in EU for me to fully enjoy the 1z or 1a I have to pay more than a Japonese or Chinese or Sovietic or American etc.... OK that's a very singular way of equal rights....

Apr 5, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,807 of 15,612
With this you assume that because I am living in EU for me to fully enjoy the 1z or 1a I have to pay more than a Japonese or Chinese or Sovietic or American etc.... OK that's a very singular way of equal rights....
Yeah… blame the rule makers… :)

Apr 5, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #1,808 of 15,612
Yes yes, other brands are all stuck in jail, with millionaire fines, let's get real if Europe was the prime market to Sony, Sony would be craping to EU rules but it isn't
It is very tiresome with you continuing to blame Sony for not breaking the law. I assume you then mean that anybody can and should break any law they don’t agree with ?

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,809 of 15,612
Probably because no other manufacturer cripples the DAP's the way Sony does. Its a nonsense without knowing what head/earphones you are driving. It was originally for players shipped with earphones. You even loose the high gain feature.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #1,810 of 15,612
You can get it over £100 cheaper by importing via Amazon Japan but it will cause issues if you need to use warranty as its not a worldwide warranty so you have to ship back to Japan at own cost etc. and possibly cover their shipping too.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #1,811 of 15,612
Probably because no other manufacturer cripples the DAP's the way Sony does. Its a nonsense without knowing what head/earphones you are driving. It was originally for players shipped with earphones. You even loose the high gain feature.
Yes it’s a silly and stupid regulation for a stand alone device and as you say the original regulation was based on a device with it’s included headphone and in that case it at least made some kind of technical sense

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,814 of 15,612
Yes you're right, wait until they do the same with tabaco
Denmark is contemplating doing the same as (I think) New Zeeland and banning sale of tobacco to anybody born after 2010

Apr 5, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #1,815 of 15,612
Greetings Butties

I was wondering if any kind soul can make a comment on

Whether buying one from the Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Whether buying one from the Sony Singapore Store

Which Model is the More Superior One Hardware Wise ?

Should I buy one from Amazon.jp Sony Store

or

Should I buy one from Sony Singapore Store

Are there any hardware differences between these two sites for buying this Sony DAP ?

And can some kind soul please kindly provide the URL Link to the Amazon.jp site for both these Sony DAP's

Thank you very much for your time, help and patience

Kind Regards as Always Sir

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back