Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Apr 1, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #736 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalex
Hehe, too right.

The reviewer probably put quite a few people off buying the HD3. Half the things he didn't like were not issues at all - he just didn't know how to use the thing.

Little wonder, considering I bought "the thing" the first day it was released, before there was ANY English support.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #738 of 860
Quote:

The reviewer probably put quite a few people off buying the HD3. Half the things he didn't like were not issues at all - he just didn't know how to use the thing.

A very good point indeed but that's always a risk when non-pros (no offence, Mavis - please, do correct me if I'm wrong) post a review in a forum. As a matter of fact, I disagree with many of the "bad points" mentioned; i.e. I prefer the 4-way navigation control of the HD3 to the iPOD's iconic rotating control because, with the HD3, I can navigate even blindfolded. Impossible with the iPOD. And that's just one example...

Let's not be too harsh to non-pros though; T3 magazine (the gadget freaks' bible) suggested that one has to have long nails to turn the player off. They obviously don't know that the player is switched off by holding the Menu button and that the On/Off switch at the bottom of the player is used to disconnect the battery.

As for people being put off; I was surprised by how many people returned the player because they were put off by the low volume! While a solution was just around the corner!

Maybe another review is in order?

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #740 of 860
Good day people.

I have been following this thread for about a week. having found it via google. To start from the beggining, I've had a 20GB ipod, which I sold, as I wasn't happy with the sound. I brought a Blue HD3D, and I'm in Love
biggrin.gif
. I have found sonic stage OK, and as I write, i'm downloading some CDs. The sound, to me, is better than my ipod, as is the battery life. Only gripe, is that no decent carrying case, and remote control included, and the headphones they sell with them, are crap. Can anyonr recommend any? I would also like to thank y'all for helping me to decide to purchase this great bit of kit!

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #741 of 860
Quote:

Hehe, too right.

If it's of any interest, I've had my player for a while. And it's still the best looking, smallest, longest lasting and the crappiest working HDD player I've ever had.

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #743 of 860
The general usage of the HD3. Loading (especially if your MP3 library exceedes the size of the player), playback, selection, navigation. It's easily the worst mainstream player out there for this.

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #744 of 860
i just ordered a black hd3 from amazon after reading this thread. the micro i have is nearly full so i was looking for a 20Gb player of some kind. karma was too thick imo.

im so happy
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #745 of 860
i can't order.. coz i don't have a credit card..(im to young) - -"
and if i do order from over sea.. i won't be able to get the firmware updates n stuff....
hmm.. what do bangraman mean by,
" The general usage of the HD3. Loading (especially if your MP3 library exceedes the size of the player), playback, selection, navigation. It's easily the worst mainstream player out there for this. :

imma kinda....
rolleyes.gif
.. slow.. xD

Apr 4, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #746 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by sp14sh
i can't order.. coz i don't have a credit card..(im to young) - -"
and if i do order from over sea.. i won't be able to get the firmware updates n stuff....
hmm.. what do bangraman mean by,
" The general usage of the HD3. Loading (especially if your MP3 library exceedes the size of the player), playback, selection, navigation. It's easily the worst mainstream player out there for this. :

imma kinda....
rolleyes.gif
.. slow.. xD

Im 15, used my debit card which i got when i was 13 :p

Visa Electron

Uk though

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:08 PM Post #747 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The general usage of the HD3. Loading (especially if your MP3 library exceedes the size of the player), playback, selection, navigation. It's easily the worst mainstream player out there for this.

i have owned the creative 20gb zen usb2.0, iriver ihp100, and now the sony hd3. out of the 3, the hd3 is not that difficult to navigate. i would say it fares better than the iriver and slightly worse than the creative because the creative has a scroll wheel that goes faster if you turn the wheel faster. the hd3 is quite instinctive to use. my friend who tried out my unit knew how to operate the thing within one minute. its not rocket science to operate the hd3. the only gripe i have is with sonicstage. but i use that rarely as i use it to transfer songs only, and not manage my music since i'm a album person.
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #748 of 860
another question. does the eq on your hd3 do anything? the only thig that had an effect on the sound is the Digital Sound Preset if i adjusted the bass or treble. in the parametric equalizer or V-Surround adjustments, i can hear no difference from the equalizer when it is turned off.
confused.gif

edit. lol. i played around with a few atrac tracks and realised the other adjustments only works for atrac tracks and not mp3.
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #749 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by GQSMOOTH
Good day people.

I have been following this thread for about a week. having found it via google. To start from the beggining, I've had a 20GB ipod, which I sold, as I wasn't happy with the sound. I brought a Blue HD3D, and I'm in Love
biggrin.gif
. I have found sonic stage OK, and as I write, i'm downloading some CDs. The sound, to me, is better than my ipod, as is the battery life. Only gripe, is that no decent carrying case, and remote control included, and the headphones they sell with them, are crap. Can anyonr recommend any? I would also like to thank y'all for helping me to decide to purchase this great bit of kit!

First of all...I'm Italian...so I'm sorry for my English!

Dear GQSMOOTH....I think that you are the only HD3 BLUE owner....please can you (or someone who have blue hd3) post some images, because I'm interesting to buy the blue version...but no one have some pics! just the original pics on the Sony site.

Thanks in advance...and greating from the Italy!

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #750 of 860
posted this earlier but no one seemed to reply so here it is again.

does anyone know if the nw-hd1 can be connected to a pc via usb without the power cable?

anyway... if anyone does reply thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back