Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Apr 8, 2005 at 8:37 AM Post #767 of 860
first of all- sorry for my english! I'm from switzerland... i hope you understand me!
confused.gif

ok, I want to buy a NW-HD3 today for 418.- SFr. thats equivalent to 350.-US$
I think thats a good price??
Now my question: Is the HD5 much better?? (Exept of the the playlists...)
Should I wait for it. I searched now a long time for a good HD-player, and I decided now to buy the NW-HD3. But if the HD5 is much better (more features, better Quality) then I'll wait?

Thanks and sorry for my english
Michael

Apr 8, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #768 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael13
first of all- sorry for my english! I'm from switzerland... i hope you understand me!
confused.gif

ok, I want to buy a NW-HD3 today for 418.- SFr. thats equivalent to 350.-US$
I think thats a good price??
Now my question: Is the HD5 much better?? (Exept of the the playlists...)
Should I wait for it. I searched now a long time for a good HD-player, and I decided now to buy the NW-HD3. But if the HD5 is much better (more features, better Quality) then I'll wait?

Thanks and sorry for my english
Michael

the most important differences are
life battery (hd3= 24/30 hr ...VS....hd5 (35/40 hr)
size (hd3= 90 x 62,1 x 14,8 & 130 gr.) ...VS....hd5 (89.3 x 55,9 x 14,5 & 125 gr.)

and obvoiusly the Design factor, but IMHO size and battery life are more important.

Now you have only to choose. HD5 on sale in May/June in Europe

Apr 8, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #770 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
i heard u can't transfer files from ur HD3 to another computer? what if i formatted my computer, re-install sonicstage, can i still transfer mp3/data files back to my formatted comp?

i don't think you can transfer them back unless you register your device with connect.com.

Apr 8, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #771 of 860
However it allows you to transfer files which you have copied using Explorer or some other file manager. The only files it doesn't allow you to transfer are those copied by Sonic Stage.

Apr 8, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #772 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Latexxx
However it allows you to transfer files which you have copied using Explorer or some other file manager. The only files it doesn't allow you to transfer are those copied by Sonic Stage.

so if i just copy files such as AVI, MP3, MPG and such without using Sonic stage, i can transfer them back to my formatted computer?

also....anyone think the price of HD3 will drop due to release of HD5? as of now....34800 yen for HD5 is like the same price as HD3...

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #773 of 860
Quote:

so if i just copy files such as AVI, MP3, MPG and such without using Sonic stage, i can transfer them back to my formatted computer?

also....anyone think the price of HD3 will drop due to release of HD5? as of now....34800 yen for HD5 is like the same price as HD3...

AFAIK, yes, you can do that.

Chances are the prices will drop, but maybe not by much. Look at the HD1, that's still pretty pricey.

Apr 8, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #774 of 860
Quote:

without sonic stage, you can copy the files back, because it basically acts as a portable hard disk.
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #775 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazexx
I just got my HD3 not that long ago, I had it preordered off of amazon.com, and now they tell me that there is an HD5 being released.. haha. You just cant win, you just cant win. Anyways, the HD5 doenst look near as sexy as the HD1/HD3. I just want my play lists to work easily though... sigh.

Outside of the rotating display, I would really love to see Sony come out with a firmware/software update to the rest of the HDx series to support the latest features that the HD5 will offer. It's not fair to customers to keep coming out with new models every time they decide to add a feature. What are the rest of us supposed to do now? I can't afford to keep buying new units (as much as I'd want to.) We'll see. Sony's getting better ... slowly. Maybe they will surprise us, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #777 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushu
AFAIK, yes, you can do that.

Chances are the prices will drop, but maybe not by much. Look at the HD1, that's still pretty pricey.

HD3s are now $300 retail. HD5 coming out real soon would be the proper explanation for it (along with matching the obivous but shall not be named competitor across the street).

HD1s are getting pretty hard to find, at least, retail brick and mortar wise. You can still find them easily online though

Apr 10, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #778 of 860
does anyone know how much HD3 is in hong kong? my cousin in hk said it was $2688HKD 2 weeks ago, would it have dropped internationally on beggining of this month? and it wouldnt have big chance to drop any further right?

someone plz answer my question...thanks

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #779 of 860
Quote:

does anyone know how much HD3 is in hong kong? my cousin in hk said it was $2688HKD 2 weeks ago, would it have dropped internationally on beggining of this month? and it wouldnt have big chance to drop any further right?

someone plz answer my question...thanks

Well in rip off UK it is down to £200 even cheaper online. $2688HKD is roughly £180. I bet u can get better price online. I've heard quotes of £160-70. If u have patience, wait 1-2 months 4 HD5 2 be released. Then HD3 will be cheap as chips....

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #780 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Well in rip off UK it is down to £200 even cheaper online. $2688HKD is roughly £180. I bet u can get better price online. I've heard quotes of £160-70. If u have patience, wait 1-2 months 4 HD5 2 be released. Then HD3 will be cheap as chips....

but the problem is......i live in australia, and theres no cheap online stores that sells it here.....i'm amazed that hk doesnt have it for cheap as they usually have stuff for very cheap prices....but that's the price i heard from 2 weeks ago, so it might have dropped now since US and UK dropped it too?
btw....it looks like hd3 isnt getting any cheaper since that was the case with hd1, i doubt sony will drop the price again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back