Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Mar 28, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #721 of 860
I have the HD1 with Shure's E3 and I can also notice a hiss if playing soft music in a quiet environment and at low volumes. But it has to be a very low volume, something like 20% or 25% of maximum. And this with classical music, which is always recorded at lower levels than pop.

Mar 29, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #722 of 860
- -"

i wann get the NW-HD3 but its not in Australia. - -"

blink.gif

would anyone know when it comes out?

Mar 29, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #723 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by sp14sh
- -"

i wann get the NW-HD3 but its not in Australia. - -"

blink.gif

would anyone know when it comes out?

ask sony australia?
biggrin.gif

but australia is known for being slow and expensive when it comes to electronic stuff. maybe you could buy one online?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #724 of 860
Buy it on the internet, much cheaper too.

Bought mine on www.pixmania.com, $200 cheaper than in Swedish stores (expensive country though). They also deliver within 48 hours.

However.. Has anyone found a good case for the HD3? I have looked at the Sony HDCASE1, but it seems like there is a lack of screen protection at that one. I think a screen protection would be nice to have, especially as I would use it for running...

Mar 29, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #725 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by ollet

Bought mine on www.pixmania.com, $200 cheaper than in Swedish stores (expensive country though). They also deliver within 48 hours.

However.. Has anyone found a good case for the HD3? I have looked at the Sony HDCASE1, but it seems like there is a lack of screen protection at that one. I think a screen protection would be nice to have, especially as I would use it for running...

I have sonys hd case and its perfect, I cut off the belt clip (i hate belt clips) and for screen protection I ordered one of those plastic sticky uv protectors off ebay for $15.

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #728 of 860
Quote:

Have a look at www.noreve.com, they have a black leather case for the HD3! Bit expensive (approx £27) but fits perfectly with screen protector. Comes with beltclip but you can take that off completely!!!

Mar 31, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #730 of 860
Quote:

Pixmania is one of the cheapest for the HD3, and they offer a great 2 year warrenty.$200 more?!?Wow sweeden must be expensive!!!

But yeah, the noreve looks great, very swish. With most things though, you get what you pay for. It does scream quality. There is vajas as well, but it looks a lot more bulkier and less smooth.

Apr 1, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #731 of 860
I just found out something that some of you might not be aware of.
When you have selected a song, from whatever 'mode', and you are in the 'now playing' screen. Holding down the 'mode' button will return you to the mode screen and focus on the song that you previously selected there. So you don't start at the top of the tree all over again when searching for a song.

Anyway, I'm making a case for my NW HD3, I was inspired by the Altoid cans for the Zen Micro. So far, major succes. I'm still busy with it, I'm gonna wait till I get my MC40 (next week), coz then I know if one little hole will suffice or whether I need to cut out a portion for the remote connector. Anyway I searched for tins/soapboxes/packaging/cigar-tins and cigarette tins.
I found appropriate candidates in nearly all those categories, but atm I'm busy with a cigarette tin.
It looks stunning to say the least, I will write my experience+tips+foto's in a new topic next week, once I get my remote.
It's shiny, snug fitting, doesn't make it chunky, no sharp corners, stylish, sexy and offers protection.
Hmm, I coated it with some fabric on the inside, but it got a bit to tight, pressing the wheel buttong when I close it...hmm

case_in_progress.jpg

don't drool now

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #732 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Selachii
I just found out something that some of you might not be aware of.
When you have selected a song, from whatever 'mode', and you are in the 'now playing' screen. Holding down the 'mode' button will return you to the mode screen and focus on the song that you previously selected there. So you don't start at the top of the tree all over again when searching for a song.

actually you could do the same thing by pressing the up or down button on the navigation pad. its faster this way because you don't have to hold the mode button.
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #734 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Selachii
heh, cheers!
I could only remember the grudge the reviewer originally had that he had to rescroll his position in the list after leaving the mode screen.

yea. its a pity he returned it before he has a chance to try more. the nw3 is not that bad really.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #735 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
yea. its a pity he returned it before he has a chance to try more. the nw3 is not that bad really.
biggrin.gif

Hehe, too right.

The reviewer probably put quite a few people off buying the HD3. Half the things he didn't like were not issues at all - he just didn't know how to use the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back