SONY NW-A30 SERIES
May 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #2,326 of 2,453
Factory reset Walkman and update if necessary.
Insert SD CARD and format in Walkman.
Connect Walkman and transfer files to music folder.
If sd card not detected, either the card is kaput or Walkman hardware fail.
Went through the format menu and and executed every option under it. One of them must have been factory reset, and that seems to have done the trick. I actually see my SD card's contents now. Why that worked, I have no idea, but I won't complain. You all saved the day and my wallet. Thanks, to all of you.

Now to figure out the rest of these menus...

May 13, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #2,330 of 2,453
As am I! Looking forward to using this from here on out. Got a question, though. Can the Walkman NW-A35 handle .cue and .log files, or will I be forced to use a cue splitter for albums in the form of a single FLAC file?
It does not work with cue files, you will have to split into individual tracks flac.

May 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,332 of 2,453
Hi! I have already buy the L27 cable but it will take 50 days to arrive, so I have sufficient time to think about what DAC/Amp to buy. Its to much better sound with the Q1 Mark II compared with the sound of the A35 itself?. Its possible to connect the A35 to the Q1 with the Fiio F6 with good results? Im planning to use my ATH M50X.

Sorry for the late reply, I've not been on HF for a while and did not get a notification email...
In my opinion, it all comes down to what headphones you will use, if you need to stack the player with an amp like the Q1II or not.
The ATH M50X are easy to drive, so in that case you should be good with the power from just the player. I often use earbuds ranging from 300 to 650 ohm. And for that, adding something like the Q1II is necessary.
Though my Q1II has gotten very little playtime after my Q5 arrived, because the DAC is leagues better and the various amp modules makes it much more useful.
I don't think the DAC in the Q1II is that much better sounding than the player alone, so unless you get more power hungry cans, I can't see the need for your current set up.

May 21, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,334 of 2,453
Sorry for the late reply, I've not been on HF for a while and did not get a notification email...
In my opinion, it all comes down to what headphones you will use, if you need to stack the player with an amp like the Q1II or not.
The ATH M50X are easy to drive, so in that case you should be good with the power from just the player. I often use earbuds ranging from 300 to 650 ohm. And for that, adding something like the Q1II is necessary.
Though my Q1II has gotten very little playtime after my Q5 arrived, because the DAC is leagues better and the various amp modules makes it much more useful.
I don't think the DAC in the Q1II is that much better sounding than the player alone, so unless you get more power hungry cans, I can't see the need for your current set up.

Thanks! I have already talk to the people in fiio argentina and they told me to check only an amp and leave the sony do the dac job, I have a few models of headphones but as you said they are easy to drive, like the sony wh 1000xm2, the m50x and im planning to buy the fiio fh1. Also the q1 mark ii have the balanced output, it can help with the fiio fh1... what do you think?

May 21, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #2,335 of 2,453
Thanks! I have already talk to the people in fiio argentina and they told me to check only an amp and leave the sony do the dac job, I have a few models of headphones but as you said they are easy to drive, like the sony wh 1000xm2, the m50x and im planning to buy the fiio fh1. Also the q1 mark ii have the balanced output, it can help with the fiio fh1... what do you think?

What I think is that you should wait getting an amp until you feel your DAPs power is not enough to fully drive your cans/IEMs. :)
I have no experience with the fiio fh1, but according to the specs they are 26 ohm / 106 dB/mW so they should neither be overly sensitive, nor difficult to drive. And I assume that you use your 1000xm2 via BT. So the Sony DAP will be good for those as well.
If you really need a FiiO DAC/AMP in the future, my advice would be that you set your eyes on the Q5. FiiO will probably have a discounted price for the Q5 during 11:11 in their AliExpress store.

May 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #2,336 of 2,453
What I think is that you should wait getting an amp until you feel your DAPs power is not enough to fully drive your cans/IEMs. :)
I have no experience with the fiio fh1, but according to the specs they are 26 ohm / 106 dB/mW so they should neither be overly sensitive, nor difficult to drive. And I assume that you use your 1000xm2 via BT. So the Sony DAP will be good for those as well.
If you really need a FiiO DAC/AMP in the future, my advice would be that you set your eyes on the Q5. FiiO will probably have a discounted price for the Q5 during 11:11 in their AliExpress store.

Im using the 1000xm2 wired, BT only in some times, I was checking AliExpress store yesterday night and I didnt see changes in the prices, may be because the dollar value in my contry :frowning2:

May 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #2,337 of 2,453
Im using the 1000xm2 wired, BT only in some times, I was checking AliExpress store yesterday night and I didnt see changes in the prices, may be because the dollar value in my contry :frowning2:

You have to wait for November 11, known as Singles day in China, hence 11:11. That's when many items get heavily discounted at AliExpress.

May 23, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #2,339 of 2,453
Might buy an A-35 this week. The used Japanese prices are quite low, maybe around $120. Kind of a useless buy since SQ wise it's probably not that superior to the shanling m1 I use now. Still, feel like new cheapish dap and pretty disappointed at most offerings around this price point. Biggest selling point for me might be the UI since most other devices do poorly in this regard, and not sure I want an android player.

May 23, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #2,340 of 2,453
Might buy an A-35 this week. The used Japanese prices are quite low, maybe around $120. Kind of a useless buy since SQ wise it's probably not that superior to the shanling m1 I use now. Still, feel like new cheapish dap and pretty disappointed at most offerings around this price point. Biggest selling point for me might be the UI since most other devices do poorly in this regard, and not sure I want an android player.
UI and dont forget the battery!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back