SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Feb 2, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #962 of 2,453
  Torn between this and the zx100. Is the zx100 worth twice the price? 

I have both, and can honestly tell you hands down that the Zx100 sounds better than the A35.  There is an earlier post where I go into sound differences, but just quickly the Zx100 has better bass, a deeper surround sound and a weight to the sound of the instruments.  There is a noticeable difference between the Zx100 and the A35, though the A35 is good and has a sound signature closer to the zx100 than the A17.

Is it worth twice as much.. hmm meaning do you get twice better sound?   Well maybe you don't get twice better sound but you do get better sound.  It's the law of diminishing returns in audio with price.  

But with the zx100 you also get a super fast start up time (a few seconds, instead of a minute plus for the a35, and 128gb of on board memory. 

If you can afford the zx100 it is definitely the better sounding option.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #963 of 2,453
evil_smiley.gif
and the WM1A sound sbetter tan both the A35 and the ZX100

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #964 of 2,453
  How are you all organizing your music / playlists on this player? I'm looking to move off my iPhone for music but it seems all the DAP's on the market mostly rely on drag and drop for music management. As much as i dislike having to rely on iTunes, I did appreciate that i could just plug in the phone and it would update all the new track / playlists etc onto the iphone without much manual effort. 

Is there any software for the Sony NW-A30 series for music management?

My NW-A35 arrived this morning, I'm using JRiver to manage files on it, no problems at all so far.  

I'm on a Mac so I haven't tried MediaGo and I find Content Transfer to be too bare bones. I use JRiver to manage my library anyways, it would be overkill to use it just for one DAP.

I was very surprised to discover how small it is, I suppose I should have paid closer attention to the specs.  My initial impression is that it does not sound as good as my previous player the NW-ZX2, which I fully expected considering the price point and build quality.  The NW-WM1A is out of my budget at this time.  I do expect the NW-A35 will improve a bit with burn in, I've only listened a couple hours so far.  I'm very impressed with the interface. The main reason I sold the NW-ZX2 was not the sound quality but I got the impression that Sony has no interest in keeping Android updated on the device and I really just want a clean and simple interface to use for music only.

Again, very impressed so far. A great value for the price.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #965 of 2,453
  Quick question guys.  Got my Sony MDR 1000x Headphones at Christmas and absolutely loving the way they sound on my PC.  However on my Samsung S6 and iPod Nano(7th gen) the quality is still great but not quite as good as my computer.  Does anyone think I will benefit from one of these in terms of increasing quality and even volume more?  Also is it true you can't play FLACs on these?  If so, what is the next best type of files to use?  Thanks!

I bought my A35 exclusively for use with the 1000x as my commuting kit. Before the A35 I used my iPhone 7 and I can tell you that the SQ of the A35 using LDAC is way better (in every parameter) than the AAC codec of the iPhone, adding to this, I can store and play my high-res files, something I could do on the iPhone.

I also have the ZX2 and the SQ of the A35 when using LDAC is exactly the same. In short, this is the perfect pairing of the 1000x.

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #966 of 2,453
Can I ask you guys some questions please?
If I use NW-A35 with some sony bluetooth headphones like Sony MDR-XB70BT
in that case, can Remote controls on the headphone work for the walkman?
likes play, pause, volumes + and - buttons on the headphones work?
(sorry for my bad english)
thanks!

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #972 of 2,453
  Can I ask you guys some questions please?
If I use NW-A35 with some sony bluetooth headphones like Sony MDR-XB70BT
in that case, can Remote controls on the headphone work for the walkman?
likes play, pause, volumes + and - buttons on the headphones work?
(sorry for my bad english)
thanks!

I can confirm that all the remote control gestures on the MDR-1ABT work with the NW-A35

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #973 of 2,453

Users who are viewing this thread

Back