SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #31 of 2,453

I'm just hoping that it's a more realistic price for every day use.  I'm getting tired of the ipod touch 3rd gen (even though "it just works") and would like a change.  All the boutique players seem to have issues whether it be size, battery life, gui, format issues, gapless and so on.  If the a30 is £500 or under I reckon I will probably get one (black).  No way in hell I could justify what sony are asking for the wm1 no matter how good it sounds. Also looks like A-30 series could fly under the radar for a bit with the focus on the flagship.

Yeah the new WM DAP's are already on most of the Sony sites with pricing and the A30 isn't even listed anywhere yet.  I suspect Sony will hold back for awhile on releasing the A30 so as not to take away sales from the WM DAP's.

I watched a demo on the A30 a few minutes ago and I am not loving the touchscreen as I much prefer the buttons on my A17.  The solid aluminum case looks much better but until I get one in my hands it will be hard to tell.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #33 of 2,453

I'm just hoping that it's a more realistic price for every day use.  I'm getting tired of the ipod touch 3rd gen (even though "it just works") and would like a change.  All the boutique players seem to have issues whether it be size, battery life, gui, format issues, gapless and so on.  If the a30 is £500 or under I reckon I will probably get one (black).  No way in hell I could justify what sony are asking for the wm1 no matter how good it sounds. Also looks like A-30 series could fly under the radar for a bit with the focus on the flagship.

The one issue and the main reason I won't buy an expensive DAP is the non user replaceable battery. I am not going to spend that kind of money on a DAP only to have it turn into an expensive paperweight when the battery dies.  So you pretty much have to get an extended warranty to make sure your DAP doesn't become obsolete and that adds a couple of hundred dollard to the price.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #34 of 2,453
Let me guess, you still can't replace the battery and it only supports gapless payback with flac

it weighs more than the A20 series but the battery life is worse, and I was already concerned about the longevity of its battery

this'll probably be 400 dollars and you might as well get a zx100 at that point

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #35 of 2,453
  Let me guess, you still can't replace the battery and it only supports gapless payback with flac

it weighs more than the A20 series but the battery life is worse, and I was already concerned about the longevity of its battery

this'll probably be 400 dollars and you might as well get a zx100 at that point

Well its a Sony so mostly flash and not much substance and I would say $400.00 is on the low side.  

One piece aluminum case, 3.1" touchscreen with higher resolution. Support for DSD, same S-Master amp so probably about the same power, and noise canceling.  Think closer to $500.00.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this replace the ZX100 since Sony is replacing the ZX2 with the WM-1A to get away from android based DAP's. I can't see them having just one DAP with a ZX designation and my guess is the price will be so close to the ZX100 as to make it silly to have both.

Adding DSD support is just silly on a DAP with such a limited storage capacity and it will eat the battery. Anything for Sony to justify jacking up the price once again.  

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #37 of 2,453
all I wanted and begged Sony for the past year for a "Trash Bin" option but they can't be bothered listening to customers, I will keep begging!

Well if it isn't a feature that is popular in Asia you are wasting your time begging.  

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #39 of 2,453
So it looks like it's gonna be around US$250 for the A35 and US$350 for the A36.

I wonder why there is such a large price difference between them?

It's just a guess, but I think maybe the A35 doesn't come with the NC earphones and only the A36 does.

To me, $250 for the A35 isn't too bad for all that it offers.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #40 of 2,453

So I would guess based on previous history it will be about $450.00 and $550.00 CAN respectively.  Not sure I would want to pay that much for this DAP if pricing holds considering my A17 was only $279.00 with 64 GB of internal memory.  Especially if the internal components are the same as the previous model. I hope they will at least put the higher quality capacitors found in the ZX100 into this one to up the power output a little and improve the sound quality.

Explain to me how a difference of 16 GB of internal memory justifies a $100.00 price difference?  Your talking about a couple of bucks difference here between a 16 GB and 32 GB storage chip.  Way to gouge your customers Sony, that's like a 98% percent profit margin on the $100.00 difference.  I would hate to see how much they would want for an A37 with 64 GB on memory.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #41 of 2,453
Well Sony just released the A25 and A26 in the US and still not in Canada so if they follow that timeline we won't see the A30 series here until late next year and probably not at all in Canada.

It is so much fun being treated like second class citizens, thanks for that Sony 
mad.gif

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #43 of 2,453
  So it looks like it's gonna be around US$250 for the A35 and US$350 for the A36.

I wonder why there is such a large price difference between them?

It's just a guess, but I think maybe the A35 doesn't come with the NC earphones and only the A36 does.

To me, $250 for the A35 isn't too bad for all that it offers.

Perhaps the A36 is the 64 gig version (if there is one).  There is no way that it is going to be £250 over in uk.

Edit seems the 36 is the 32 gig one.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #44 of 2,453
FYI - here's A37 with 64GB

http://www.sonystyle.com.cn/products/media_player/nw_a30.htm

Both dock and bluetooth remote also work for A30 series

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/BCR-NWH10/

C8SrkMy.jpg

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #45 of 2,453
Looks like i will be getting the one from Australia or Hongkong ..i am fed up with the EU volume limiting crap ....hopefully my Australian headfi friends will help me buy one when the time comes 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back