SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Dec 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #213 of 430
so i just went to the local sony center and saw that they had MDR-NW750's for sale at quite a bit cheaper than what i would have had to pay for if i bought them off Ebay 
i have an xperia z5 , and they would work with the built in noise cancelling circuitry

what are your opinions on the sound quality of these earphones? how do they compare to other noise cancelling in-ears such as Audio Technica ATH-ANC33 or the Bose QC20 ? 

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #214 of 430
  If sound quality of EX750 is equal to that of NW750 - I definitely would not pay that money for them, there are much better IEM's for that price.

but how do they compare against other noise-cancelling earphones for that price?

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #219 of 430
Dec 31, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #220 of 430
I'm currently avoiding those digital enhancements as most songs sounded digital to me. I instead use EQ to achieve my preferred signature :)

The VPT(Surround) sounded promising. What's everyone's opinion on this ?

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #221 of 430
I'm currently avoiding those digital enhancements as most songs sounded digital to me. I instead use EQ to achieve my preferred signature :)

The VPT(Surround) sounded promising. What's everyone's opinion on this ?

With that on, feels like the soundstage opens up on the studio setting. The other settings sound unusual to me. But studio is very similar to "canopener" on iOS. (Also a good program with custom settings per headphone)

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #222 of 430
Is gapless playback still an issue with this player? I have a lot of continuous dance music discs (individual tracks but a dj mix) ripped to flac and wondered if the sony will play them ok? Cheers

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #223 of 430
8Is gapless playback still an issue with this player? I have a lot of continuous dance music discs (individual tracks but a dj mix) ripped to flac and wondered if the sony will play them ok? Cheers

MP3 is not gapless, LOSSLESS formats are gapless (flac, wave, alac, aiff)

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #224 of 430
With that on, feels like the soundstage opens up on the studio setting. The other settings sound unusual to me. But studio is very similar to "canopener" on iOS. (Also a good program with custom settings per headphone)

I actually liked it with the "Club" setting.. Studio sounds tad bit congested. However, my collection consists of so many types of songs that while some sound good, others don't :frowning2: that's the reason I'm avoiding enhancements. Well, as always, YMMV

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #225 of 430
The supplied NW750 have only 1 mic instead of 2 and no dedicated NC hardware, all is done in the player.
If sound quality of EX750 is equal to that of NW750 - I definitely would not pay that money for them, there are much better IEM's for that price.

I am in a Sony store right now and I got to compare the NW750 with the EX750, as well as the xba 300, a pair of full size headphones(Mdr 10RNC and Mdr zx770bn) , as well as the much cheaper Mdr ex450
In terms of how they sound I must say that the ex750 comes in at the worst(but it has one of the better noise cancellation effects) , while the nw750 sounds a bit better... Surprisingly the ex450 actually sounds better than the nw750, it is not as tinny... Next is the xba 300 balanced armature, it has clearer treble, and the full size headphones sound the best, both in the audio output and the noise cancellation... These cost at least twice as much as the NW750
The curious thing about the nw750 in this shop is that when I plug it into my xperia z5,the setting which creates the best noise canceling is for the NC750(and it is nowhere as isolating as the EX750)...I think this ties in with the low price and the low sound quality... But it definitely says 'nw750' on the box... I think these nw750's are actually rebadged nc750's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back