SONY NW-A20 SERIES
May 25, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #421 of 430
Dies anybody know if woth thesony digital out cable (WMC-NWH10) connected to a DAC we can play DsD while the A20 acts as a transport?

Jun 14, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #422 of 430
NW-A25 DSD tewt

i ignores dsf and drf rikes. Using DoP qith eithe flac or wav produces warbling qhite noise on the headphone jack and no discernible music is played at all.

however DoP works with the digital output put cable WMC-NWH10
image.jpg

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #426 of 430
Any ideas why is my A25 not saving Sensme Data on muaic fikes? Happens for both internal as well mSD storage

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #427 of 430
Dec 17, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #428 of 430
Hi,

Can anyone recommended a repair shop for Sony walkmans?

I have two bricked a25 models serial numbers end with 521 pink and 084 red

I can't find the receipt for either so far

The pink one spontaneously bricked itself a year or so ago after charging attempt

The red one, admittedly the battery isn't as good as it once was, but a week ago I was in a library and I was charging the walkman via my laptop, rather than from a direct power outlet as usual, after this the walkman was still on, but it refused to accept a recharge from any outlet, so possibility of a USB exploit has rendered this walkman inoperable

Is it possible to JTAG the a25 or any of the Sony walkmans?

P.s. if anyone wants to pm me a link to the Sony dev tools so I can reset the serial numbers on a replacement motherboard, I'll have your babies as soon as I grow myself a uterus

There's setup procedures documented in the service manuals, but I have yet to see associated software for download anywhere?

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #429 of 430
Hi,

Can anyone recommended a repair shop for Sony walkmans?

I have two bricked a25 models serial numbers end with 521 pink and 084 red

I can't find the receipt for either so far

The pink one spontaneously bricked itself a year or so ago after charging attempt

The red one, admittedly the battery isn't as good as it once was, but a week ago I was in a library and I was charging the walkman via my laptop, rather than from a direct power outlet as usual, after this the walkman was still on, but it refused to accept a recharge from any outlet, so possibility of a USB exploit has rendered this walkman inoperable

Is it possible to JTAG the a25 or any of the Sony walkmans?

P.s. if anyone wants to pm me a link to the Sony dev tools so I can reset the serial numbers on a replacement motherboard, I'll have your babies as soon as I grow myself a uterus

There's setup procedures documented in the service manuals, but I have yet to see associated software for download anywhere?

Might try the rockbox forum walkmen threads for some of that info? Might be abandoned but I think some people were working on ports over there (also made the NW-dest tool for region changing on the more recent non-Android walkmen). I've never bricked my A10 (running power down or using the reset resolved any freezes I've had in the past), but by way of general suggestions:

Have you eliminated the cable or the connector as the issue on the one that won't accept a charge? I'd maybe inspect for any broken pins, try a new cable and/or cleaning any lint out of the connectors, and using some brush-on plastic safe deoxit to wipe down the contacts.

The bricked one, maybe a local electronics shop can do some testing to see if it's the battery (connect an external power supply?) and find a replacement if that's the case.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #430 of 430
My A25 got wet (dived into water). I immediately dried it with a towel and have left in a heating block for days but the back/home and option/power off buttoms don't work at all. Vplume rocjer in both plus and minus turns volume down and then the volhme goes from alone all the way ip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back