SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Sep 10, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #406 of 430
My A25's 3.5mm port has become a bit loose because of drops or strain inside skinny tight jeans while walking. I know it must be a simple job to tighten the port by opening the back-lid but can one tell me how to do it?

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #407 of 430
Hi there, i will be getting one of these soon. Does it support the 400GB card? I willbe using it for commute, so really dont care for larger cards

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #408 of 430
What show d at my mailbox today
image.jpg

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #409 of 430
It has a very nice sound for sucg a small device.

sounds great with the MDR-Z1R, IER-Z1R and the venerable koss porta pro.

contrary to what @Raketen says of the IER-M9, the IER-M7 soesnt pair that well with the A25, perhqps dur to that M7 lacks the extra supertweeter of the M9.

bass on the A25 punches well and rumbles fair (porta pro IEr-Z1R)ho ever with MDR-Z1R the bass is light, not being driveb as well as the WM1A
Mids i did mot motice so much diff with any of the HP and IEMs.

highs with Z1R (both) have wome nice extension and airiness, though not the same texture as wm1A. With porta pro and M7 there is a perceived lack of extension this gibing impression of less detail retrieval.

imaging amd stage is quite good for such a tiny device, not as holographic as wm1a but still big stage.

Ui is a bit laggy with 950x950 covers.
It does not support external cover art, not even file named same as directory of musics.

SD scan super fast, indexes 28k songs in 22 minutes.

supports 1TB cards

it does not do DSD, in fact it ignores .dsf or .dff extensions
I found the golume to be too brusque woth changes. Vol. 12 of 30 was already loud

poo unit i got from @WilcoRoger it seems it had a very eough life and beimg beaten lol. To my eyes, it looked pristine (visual acuity of 5%) until i used a magnifiying glass... it is mot that bad for my kaputte eyes lol

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #410 of 430
contrary to what @Raketen says of the IER-M9, the IER-M7 soesnt pair that well with the A25, perhqps dur to that M7 lacks the extra supertweeter of the M9.

I use A17, though probably A25 is similar. A17 does seem a bit warm compared to A55- You could be right if M9 is brighter than M7, that might be helping it sound better. It's probably not full performance but I think it sounds very pleasant, and has full bass other weak sources like my phone lack with M9.

I find A17 a little underpowered for porta pro, though it sounds OK.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #411 of 430
I use A17, though probably A25 is similar. A17 does seem a bit warm compared to A55- You could be right if M9 is brighter than M7, that might be helping it sound better. It's probably not full performance but I think it sounds very pleasant, and has full bass other weak sources like my phone lack with M9.

I find A17 a little underpowered for porta pro, though it sounds OK.
Yes even WM1A SE high gain cannot deive porta pro fully

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #412 of 430
If we use the USB-OTG cable of Sony (WMC-NWH10) to connect an external DAC (Oppo-HA2),
we can still listen to FM Radio of Sony through the DAC's headphone out?

With the USB OTG sony cable, could you listen to DSD files? Or these little players like my case, ignores the dff and dsf extension entirely?

May 8, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #414 of 430
I gave my A25 a spin the last two weeks. Started with train ride to berlin, i played some 16/44 files and two albums in 24/88. Then during the time i played discs 18-33 drom haydn symphonies (16/44 flac). Battery dropped to last bar and that was sufficient to take ride back home 4h 30min . Arrived home and battery was blinking so decided to perform a recalibration.

sounds very nice for such a tiny device (sony M7 IEM) performance may not be top notch but anyways very very good.
I can tell you , better than ibasso DX300 which i tewted on saturday before coming home last week. IMO A25 us cleaner than bx300. The ibasso had an off signature to me, too warm and laid back that for me it presented treble roll off.

May 9, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #416 of 430
Hi gerelmx1986, you mentioned that you recalibrated the battery, how did you do that.

Also, what audio enhancements and eq did you enable.

Thanks
I have mine with no EQ.

as for battery recalibration do this
  1. Run the walkman until it says low battery, please charge.
  2. Keeep turning it on until tou cannot longer turn it on. It may take some time
  3. Plug it and leave to charge ininterrupted until nattery icon says FULL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back