SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Jan 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #241 of 430
  How's that, where did you get it?

https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/sony-walkman-nw-a25s-16gb-high-resolution-audio-player-silver.html

When I ordered it it was £120 + £5 off code (it show up on the website).

cheers!

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #243 of 430
Is anyone else finding this Sensme channels thing hugely useful. I used to have to worry about categorising music in the right Genre....now it's just a series of categories which the walkman figures out without having to bother with the genre tag.

It's not perfect, but i'm finding myself using it more and more. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #245 of 430
  Is anyone else finding this Sensme channels thing hugely useful. I used to have to worry about categorising music in the right Genre....now it's just a series of categories which the walkman figures out without having to bother with the genre tag.

It's not perfect, but i'm finding myself using it more and more. 

right, i will check it.

I'm always jumping form tract to track or album to album.
I don't even use playlist!

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #246 of 430
Ok, this player is not going to be traded. Picked it up in Japan and thought i'd try a bit and maybe sell it off locally. Think i'm keeping it:
- The clarity of sound is helping me appreciate the rest of my kit more. Using mostly with the DSP stuff turned off, but I can see the attraction of having it on.
- Pull it out on the London underground and it looks like a retro phone which doesn't attract attention. I like that.
- I've done serious commuting this entire week. Charged the walkman on Sunday. It's now Friday and i'll go into the end of today without nearing re-charge
- The SenseMe thing is helping me rediscover my music collection. Without having to do all that genre specification. Now probably wouldn't want to live without it.
- The thinness. Did not expect anything this thin and lite to sound good. Even stick it in my front jeans pocket in weekends as a "just in case".

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #247 of 430
Just got my A25 Silver today. Wow..... definitely  smaller than I imagined. Which makes it even greater! Only thing that I'm concerned about is volume steps. Can't find the perfect volume for my iem. I want volume between 7 and 8....lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Bass is kinda heavy at first BTW.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #248 of 430
I finally got myself one of these from Japan (Got someone to pick it up for me) and I'm loving the sound but my level of Japanese isn't up to using this effectively. Plus I'm scared I'm going to wipe it and lose all the pre-installed music and backgrounds - it's one of their limited editions. So I'm hesitant to really play around with all the options. One thing I'm particularly confused about is the Folders option for playing music. Can you not select music based on the folder they're in? I can select the option for internal music but not for the music on the SD card. It comes up with a message (that I can't read lol) and I can't access it, even though it'll read the music when you select to play from CD or artist. Is there a guide for navigating the Japanese options for the NW series? Or even a guide with images for English that I can follow from.

And does anyone have suggestions in an effective way in managing and exporting music to the NW series? I know Media Go is Sony's software but I'm wondering if it's the best software to use for ripping CDs. It's my first time really getting into how my music sounds (Plus my music organizing is a mess) so I'd really appreciate some help or advice in getting the most out of it. Cheers!

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #249 of 430
  I finally got myself one of these from Japan (Got someone to pick it up for me) and I'm loving the sound but my level of Japanese isn't up to using this effectively. Plus I'm scared I'm going to wipe it and lose all the pre-installed music and backgrounds - it's one of their limited editions. So I'm hesitant to really play around with all the options. One thing I'm particularly confused about is the Folders option for playing music. Can you not select music based on the folder they're in? I can select the option for internal music but not for the music on the SD card. It comes up with a message (that I can't read lol) and I can't access it, even though it'll read the music when you select to play from CD or artist. Is there a guide for navigating the Japanese options for the NW series? Or even a guide with images for English that I can follow from.

And does anyone have suggestions in an effective way in managing and exporting music to the NW series? I know Media Go is Sony's software but I'm wondering if it's the best software to use for ripping CDs. It's my first time really getting into how my music sounds (Plus my music organizing is a mess) so I'd really appreciate some help or advice in getting the most out of it. Cheers!

YOU CAN connect it to the PC AND BACKUP the wallpapers and music you want

For managing music yes mediaGo is OK

for ripping to FLAC i use dbpoweramp CD ripper and msuic converter suite,  DBPowermap CD ripper lets you rip with ACCURip and secure mode to avoid errors, lasttime i ripped 8 CDs from Handel's complte Harpsichord music, Yes it took like 8 minutes per CD but the quality is worth

for FLAC TAGs or any other format use MP3TAG

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #250 of 430

Do you have a PC or Mac? If you have a Mac it's as simple as downloading Sony Content Transfer and dragging and dropping from iTunes.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #251 of 430

Do you have a PC or Mac? If you have a Mac it's as simple as downloading Sony Content Transfer and dragging and dropping from iTunes.

On PC you can also use windows explorer to Drag n' drop, I use Mediago because i have a huge collection 43017 Tracks, 733GB, 2564 albums

Format the SD Card on the sony walkman it has a format SD card option menu in the sd card options .... generally I use my VAIO bultin card reader for USB 3.0 speeds

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #253 of 430

YOU CAN connect it to the PC AND BACKUP the wallpapers and music you want

For managing music yes mediaGo is OK

for ripping to FLAC i use dbpoweramp CD ripper and msuic converter suite,  DBPowermap CD ripper lets you rip with ACCURip and secure mode to avoid errors, lasttime i ripped 8 CDs from Handel's complte Harpsichord music, Yes it took like 8 minutes per CD but the quality is worth

for FLAC TAGs or any other format use MP3TAG

On PC you can also use windows explorer to Drag n' drop, I use Mediago because i have a huge collection 43017 Tracks, 733GB, 2564 albums

Format the SD Card on the sony walkman it has a format SD card option menu in the sd card options .... generally I use my VAIO bultin card reader for USB 3.0 speeds

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm going to try dbpoweramp for ripping my discs and Media Go for managing the music. I had initially tried drag n' drop but I found the images weren't displaying as well. I figure it'll be trial and error but I at least have somewhere to start. Plus it's going to take me a while to get my music sorted and stored in a single main folder. I have been neglecting it!

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #254 of 430

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm going to try dbpoweramp for ripping my discs and Media Go for managing the music. I had initially tried drag n' drop but I found the images weren't displaying as well. I figure it'll be trial and error but I at least have somewhere to start. Plus it's going to take me a while to get my music sorted and stored in a single main folder. I have been neglecting it!

I have a main Folder Called Music

Music
    |
    |---Antonio Vivaldi
    |               |
                    |-----The 4 Seasons
    |               |----- etcetera
    |--Johann Sebastian Bach
    |                |
    |                |----- Brandenburg Concerti Disc 1
    |                |------Brandenburg Concerti Disc 2
    |                |-------etcetera
    |--- W.A. Mozart

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #255 of 430
Is it safe to use fast-charging chargers (e.g. Samsung Note 5's) for the A-20 series? This is important esp after AK announced that their products are not safe to be charged using fast chargers (who knows many people assumed it was perfectly safe to do so...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back