SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Feb 15, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #256 of 430
Is it safe to use fast-charging chargers (e.g. Samsung Note 5's) for the A-20 series? This is important esp after AK announced that their products are not safe to be charged using fast chargers (who knows many people assumed it was perfectly safe to do so...)

Was thinking along the same lines of using a fast charger, but playing it safe at the moment with a laptop port. Charges fast compared to how long the battery lasts. (Doesn't the battery life combined with the slimmness make having it always on you possible?)

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #259 of 430
I tried charging my A25 with a smart phone charger(not a fast USB 3.0 charger). Don't worry it won't blow off your walkman because the rated voltage for the walkman and the phone charger is 5V. I charged it and it went fine.

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #263 of 430

It's airy, more details are being pushed in all angles. Vocals and treble are now more coherent and accurate. Imaging and instrument separation are greatly improved.

thanks a lot!

how is the battery life? I heard that it drops to 3h or sothing like that.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #266 of 430
This was posted on the A 10 series thread but I thought I'd update here as it seems more appropriate.

The Sony Canada website now has the NW A20 series. It used to direct you to a website of "where to buy" (although it wasn't available yet on that site :/ ) but now it just says "available soon." No word about official release date.

It looks as though there are 32 GB and 64 GB options, although it may change - who knows since it's not officially available for purchase yet.

Here is the site -

http://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/walkman/nw-a20-series

Also, no A20 Walkman yet on the USA site. I wonder when and if it will pop up on the USA page. Here's hoping!

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #267 of 430
Newbie here. Please bear with me.
I'm looking into the Sony NW-A25 and the Fiio X1 (or maybe the X3) to store my mp3 collection and have a more premium sound.
Which one do you recommend? 
I already have Yamaha EPH-100 IEMs.
Thanks.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #268 of 430

I'm looking into the Sony NW-A25 and the Fiio X1 (or maybe the X3) to store my mp3 collection and have a more premium sound.

Thanks.

Sony offers Bluetooth. FiiO does?
FiiO X1 sound can be thin. Sony isn't.
Battery life of Sony can be 30hrs. FiiO, I don't know.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #270 of 430

Thanks.

Sony offers Bluetooth. FiiO does?
FiiO X1 sound can be thin. Sony isn't.
Battery life of Sony can be 30hrs. FiiO, I don't know.
actually sony claims 50hr battery life for mp3 and 30hr for lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back